MasterPab

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish, Englis
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I was trying to make a merchant that let's you buy new items when you give them an "X" item.

Something like

"Oh, I like that [X] item that you have, I might be able to give you new merchandise if you give it to me."

You would be probably familiar with this system if you played Dark Souls 3

And yeah, I know it seems easy at first, but things start to get difficult when I want these items to be accumulative.

Let's say I have four key items (1,2,3,4) that add different other items to the shop and the player doesn't find all of them, there are a lot of possibilities. RPG maker doesn't let you give the key items to the merchant at a random order, you have to add all the states of the shop (as far as I know). So if you do math, you would need to add a lot of shop versions: (1,2) (1,3) (1,4) (2,3) (2,4) (3,4) (1,2,3) (2,3,4) etc...

Isn't there a way to have the items automatically added to the store after you give that key item to the merchants without having to add all the statuses that the store may have?

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Thank you.

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Well, I had crafted the KyoDiscounts Ace some time ago. I dunno if it would help you achieve your shopping goals.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!
Hi everyone! Here's what I'm working on today! It's one of the dorms on campus. I know I said I wouldn't use assets but I reused a few things from the cafeteria hehe.
FCuxBOMXMAICK5e
I added a little squish effect when characters change direction to try and make things a bit more lively. Though it's a bit hard to see on the fast moving guys.
2f4fiuy.gif
I just discovered this game exists; the premise itself is ****ing hilarious. https://www.humblebundle.com/store/kill-it-with-fire
Can't wait for next update! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caraba19