Aslanemperor

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've been racking my brain the last couple of days as an issue in one of my threads with someone blew up, and suddenly, one of the other people in the thread who I had no quarrel with (actually, the conversation up to that point had been quite cordial) suddenly got the impression that I was directing my anger at him. I couldn't figure out what the deal was... That is, until I looked and realized that someone had taken two posts, one responding cordially to him, who hadn't said anything rude, and another responding to someone who was acting like a jerk, and put them together. When you look at them together, instead of clearly being two different conversations, it looks like I'm angrily replying to two people, one of whom did nothing.
Look: I'm very careful about how I say things. Sometimes I screw up my delivery in spite of that, but I make an effort never the less. If I post twice, I'm doing so on purpose. It's not a mistake, and it's not in order to "bump" a thread. I am gonna need you not to come in and sabotage me in this fashion. You took an already frustrating situation and made it ten times worse!
I don't care what the reasoning behind this one is. Sometimes, you have a logic all your own. When you come in and do things like this, however, you're completely changing the context of my words, and that changes what those words are saying.

Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Uhm....no?
The rules clearly state no doubleposting for whatever reason. That is something you already know so it is your responsibillity to behave in accordance to those rules... Agree with Them or not.

If I post twice, I'm doing so on purpose.
This hence doesn't work as you are purposly (by your own admittance there) breaking said rule.
Dont go complain if it backfires when you do, that's Just Petty.

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As someone who struggles with letting things go, just let it go :p Online communications will always be troublesome. Whenever i try to explain myself it just tends to get worse xD

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Double posting is not allowed (before you ask it is to avoid making a thread unreadable and to avoid people artificially bumping up their post count). You can quote more than one person by using the +Quote button.
Like this:
Uhm....no?
The rules clearly state no doubleposting for whatever reason. That is something you already know so it is your responsibillity to behave in accordance to those rules... Agree with Them or not.

This hence doesn't work as you are purposly (by your own admittance there) breaking said rule.
Dont go complain if it backfires when you do, that's Just Petty.
Hi Finnuval! Sorry for the tag. :aswt:
As someone who struggles with letting things go, just let it go :p Online communications will always be troublesome. Whenever i try to explain myself it just tends to get worse xD
Hi Willibab! You're very active today :D (Also sorry for the tag)

Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Aslanemperor that's why tagging ppl like this is always a smart move so in case of double posting in accident there is still no confusion who you are speaking to as i Will demonstrate...

@slimmmeiske2 sorry for the double post here but its to clear things up, sure youll understand xD

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't care what the reasoning behind this one is.

Sorry but I will have to put my foot down here and ask you to study how to quote people you are responding to or @ them. If you can't respect our rules and always assume malicious intent from our mods, who are doing their job, you should go somewhere else.

Aslanemperor

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Double posting is not allowed (before you ask it is to avoid making a thread unreadable and to avoid people artificially bumping up their post count). You can quote more than one person by using the +Quote button.

Are you seriously not seeing that merging the posts was the thing that caused confusion? What would have been clear is now a horrible mess because of this rule.

I honestly see your point, but I really have to get this off of my chest. It's getting to the point where I'm questioning whether the help I receive here is worth all of the headaches I keep running into. I'm really upset about this, and I feel that I'm justified in feeling so.
@Aslanemperor that's why tagging ppl like this is always a smart move so in case of double posting in accident there is still no confusion who you are speaking to as i Will demonstrate...
I didn't even know I could do that until this second when you demonstrated it, honestly. I've tried doing the "@insertusername" thing before, but it didn't work (looking at your quote, apparently I needed to add a little more code to it)

Sorry but I will have to put my foot down here and ask you to study how to quote people you are responding to or @ them. If you can't respect our rules and always assume malicious intent from our mods, who are doing their job, you should go somewhere else.
This couldn't have had better timing. Tell me something: What is your intent? Do you want people to be able to communicate clearly? I will assume that you do.
When your rules clearly lead to the opposite of this occurring, do you really think that they're working as intended? Doesn't that make you wonder if perhaps the purpose doesn't fit the result? What is more important: That you keep to these specific rules, or that your goal is reached? You really don't want people to question those rules when they cause issues with that goal? How will you even know whether your rules are doing what you want them to if no one ever says anything?

------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note, I've learned more about +quote and "@"ing a person in this one post than my entire time on this site.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This couldn't have had better timing. Tell me something: What is your intent? Do you want people to be able to communicate clearly? I will assume that you do.
When your rules clearly lead to the opposite of this occurring, do you really think that they're working as intended? Doesn't that make you wonder if perhaps the purpose doesn't fit the result? What is more important: That you keep to these specific rules, or that your goal is reached? You really don't want people to question those rules when they cause issues with that goal? How will you even know whether your rules are doing what you want them to if no one ever says anything?

------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note, I've learned more about +quote and "@"ing a person in this one post than my entire time on this site.

Do you like seeing spam from a single person? That's all you need to know. This is not a chatroom. This is a forum. Quoting posts is part of the BBCode functions.

Please stop arguing about this and read our general rules since 2013. Before you joined the forums it should've been right there that double posting is not allowed. No matter how you say it.

This is your last warning to let it go especially with everything is said already. THAT YOU BROKE THE RULES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"I didn't know X song was about that!" Uh... why? Do you not listen to the lyrics? I mean, I guess that makes sense. We live in a world where nobody listens, but everyone wants to be heard.
Coding class: Python
Game dev work: Javascript
Result: AHHH!!! Writing program for an assignment and having it crash and burn because I used Javascript syntax or format. Or having my game die on me because of a python call :yswt:
Can we make it so whenever a banned user tries to use their account whilst banned, the forum should redirect to this
Anyone doing anything for NaNoWriMo this year?
Listening to, "Draum" by Eldrim. If you haven't heard it before, do so. Absolutely lovely, and utterly haunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xyzeden