MerReStaff December 2015

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Caz, Dec 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Caz

Caz Green Eyes Blonde Dragon Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Happy Holidays, all! Regardless of what you're celebrating
    or how you're celebrating it, our team has pumped out some
    fantastic resources for you all to use this month!

From myself and the team, we're wishing you a happy and safe season,
    and hope you get the presents you had your eyes on! :rhappy:

Per usual:
    Information about Commercial usage can be found here.
    If you want to be a Guest Contributor, go here!

We are always open to guest contributions and would love to
    see your work if you want to contribute, so please don't be
    shy! You can shoot me a PM with any questions
    regarding becoming a Guest!

[​IMG]
    Avery has made an Elven witch set, which includes a
    gorgeous portrait, a battler, and a VXA sprite!

[​IMG]
    Candacis has provided us with muchly appreciated
    new templates for MV sprites. Daaamn, check out that tall figure!

[​IMG]
    Chaos debuts his new battler style,
    with 8 adorable new battlers!

[​IMG]
    Ocean has poked his head out of the water and
    created two elf sprites in MV style!

[​IMG]
    Pally's made some super adorable mushroom tiles
    in the Time Fantasy style!

[​IMG]
    Panda has once again outdone herself and brought us the
    absolute cutest Christmas tiles! aaaaa check these out!!

[​IMG]
    Thalzon has provided some amazing battlers for Ocean's
    MV sprites!

[​IMG]
    Despy's made a chilling, wintry theme that could work well in
    a dungeon or a flashback!

[​IMG]
    Fishy's made two tracks! One is very spooky, and the other
    is upbeat and cutesy!

GUEST CONTRIBUTIONS
    We've had a notable influx of guest submissions this month, all in the spirit of giving!
    - Chalkdust has submitted some VXA charactersets for exotic races.
    - Hiddenone provided a really cool centaur template for MV, as well as some new animal sprites!
    - Mjshi submitted some cute icons!
    - Personigo sent us some reeeeally cool new MV sideview battler templates! Go look, they're pretty sweet!
    - Valkyriet's bringing in some new behaviour sprites, as well as some cute winter tiles!
    - Vox Novus has submitted another batch of battlers!
    - Bakuda submitted an absolutely gorgeous track that would work well in a very fantasy inspired game.
    - Santathuz Scythuz has returned as a guest full of holiday cheer, bringing everyone a huge array of BGMs, BGSs, MEs and SEs! Wowzers!
    - KockaAdmiralac submitted quite a few useful plugins for MV!

DOWNLOAD RESTAFF DECEMBER 2015

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Corlagon, Palsa, Banquo and 32 others like this.
  2. NarikoStudios

NarikoStudios Lover of Catgirls Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    How would I use those bases for tall figures are they in the generator?
    Would be really helpful for cutscenes

3. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    The lair of the aquatic zebra... how do you come up with those names, scythuz? :D

Will leave feedback once I have looked at everythings. Thanks a bunch!

@dragonsoftware: The taller sprites do not work in the generator. For it to work, almost every generator piece for the sprites would have to be reworked so it would fit the larger base and even then I'm not sure it would work in the generator since the taller sprites are well taller than the default 48x48 sizes the generator uses. I'm working on clothed taller sprites, but it will take a while. I have opened a thread for all questions/suggestions regarding the sprites: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/52686-mv-sprite/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2015
    Cozzer, Caz and Scythuz like this.
  4. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Holy moly, this is one great release! Great job everyone, and happy holidays! :rhappy:  
    Graphics

Avery - As always, your icons are amazing (my favorite is probably the crossbow). The elf witch is a great addition, and having her sprite, bust and battler is going to make her super easy to use.
    Candacis - It's great to see your tall sprites out for everyone to use, I bet they'll be used often. The windows and fountain look lovely.
    Chalkdust - Beastmen are always good to see, and you've given us a grand selection this time. You mention that they're edits from VX and XP, so I'm guessing we need to own both to use these?
    ChaosAvian - These battlers are adorable! I love the style, and I now have to figure out how to use Licki in a game.
    Mjshi - Nice icons, I don't think I've ever seen umbrella icons before! Those nimbus crystals look nice and shiny (so shiny~).
    Ocean's Dream - Your elf sprites are very cute. It's great to see more elves for MV.
    Palladinthug - I don't use that tile style, but those mushrooms are so cute! I love the fairy ring.
    PandaMaru - Deck the halls with tons of awesome~ Your tiles are seriously beautiful, and perfect for the season.
    Personigo - These tall templates are great! I know that some people will be excited to see them.  Are you planning on making female ones to go along with these?
    Thalzon - Awesome battlers, it's great that they match Ocean's Dream's sprites! Thank you for including a version with and without the shadow, it's nice to have options.
    Valkyriet - I really like the reindeer statues! The snowmen are cute, and I can totally see that leprechaun hanging out outside the village pub.
    Vox Novus - Very cute battlers! That penguin looks like he's ready to kick hero butt.
    Music
    Bakuda - The track is lovely and calm. There are so many ways to use this track, I can't wait to hear how everyone will use it.
    DesperateMeasurez - Into Oblivion gave me chills (in a good way)! It really invoked the feelings I get when wandering a forest for the first time.
    Ms Littlefish - Before It's Disturbed is lovely, and I Have an Awful Idea is giving me ideas that are wonderfully awful. Both songs are great.
    Scythuz - Geez, you really are Santathuz! So many nice things for us~ The SEs and MEs are all top-notch. The BGS are great and will add a nice touch to games, even if I giggled at their names. A Blade of Roses is awesome, I love the lighter version. Dragon Breath and The Three Embers are both great as well, and seem like they'll work well in quite a few games.
    Scripts
    KockaAdmiralac - I haven't had a chance to test these plugins yet, but they sound like they'll be useful for quite a few people, good job.

5. tearsofthenight

tearsofthenight Evil Sorcerer/Mystic Key Stealer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I would like to help submit for the next REPACK, Where can i go to talk to someone?

6. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Candacis - I was inspired  :p

@Hiddenone - Thanks, I'm very glad you liked them!

@TEARS - There's details over here but generally you'll want to pm Caz.

I've just realised I completely forgot to accommodate for mobile MV games with mp4 format, would anyone like me to create mp4 exports and link to them in this thread?

Caz likes this.
  7. Bakuda

Bakuda The Music Man Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @hiddenone I'm so glad you enjoyed it!  I'm also curious to see how everyone uses the track =)

8. Valkyriet

Valkyriet Pocket Panda Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ahoy everyone! Hope ya'll liked the Restaff this month (I'm loving it so far, especially the music).

Time for some feedback (because it's past my nap time my brain is running out of word juice)! ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬

Graphics

Avery  - The new character looks really groovy. I especially like the design of her dress and her diadem; it feels like they really go along with her overall look, and set her apart as a sort of neutral evil. Her staff creeps me out just a little bit though, haha. The icons, I love! They look like they would belong perfectly in a royal or an elf shop, especially the helmet and the armor. Many shine, much wow.   d (^‿^✿)

Candacis - The templates are going to be really useful for anyone wanting to customize their sprites; awesome contribution! I, however, am more interested in the pretty fountain. (*3*)

Chalkdust - WOW, those battlers! I like the kind of imagination that must have gone into their design; they're going to be a neat addition to any game, I'm sure. My favorite would be the eagle(?) captain and the tiger schoolgirl (๑˃́ꇴ˂̀๑) Job well done!

Chaos Avian - Funny battlers, haha! Love the ostrich, with his googly eyes and the rabid fangguy :'D You have a hell of an imagination there.

Hiddenone - I love those little colorful chickens and bees! Makes me want to get MV just so I can use them (T^T) The centaur bases are also well done, as well as the butterflies and fishies. Very cute ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Mjshi - The maze and the crystals are very well done, and are quite creative additions to the VX portfolio. I like the umbrellas too : >

Ocean's Dream - Great elf sprites, and I really like the shading of the female elf's hair. Did you model them after Legolas and Tauriel by any chance, because that's the first impression I got, haha. Nice job *thumbs up*

Palladinthug - What's better than one mushroom? A whole bunch of them! (ノ≧∀≦)ノ Very cute, and pixel-y :3

Pandamaru - I'm so awestruck I don't even know what to say - which is no surprise really because your folder is a Christmas bonanza all over

◝₍⁽⁺⁰꒳⁰⁾₎◜✧ I cannot decide which I like more, the stuffed panda, the BEAUTIFUL Christmas trees (especially the ones with silver decorations), the cookie bucket or that lovely beige fireplace. If I was living in an RPG, in a house adorned with these, I'd never wanna leave (oT-T)尸 I wanna open those presents!! XD

Personigo - Those are some really nice battler templates, and so many poses o_o Great job! *pats on back*

Thalzon - I love the sword hilts, and the overall design of their clothes. The female elf's skirt reminds me more of a fairy skirt made out of a flower petal, and the patterns on their clothes look really nice. Amazico, amigo! :D

Vox Novus - [ I think Caz was onto something. How did you manage to glimpse Dalph's *cough*ebil*cough* minions and escape unscathed? ] On another note, though, good job on the battlers! (Psst, stay safe).
    Music

Before I move onto the feedback itself, I wanna share something. I've recently been to the theater quite a few times, and there's this advertisement that always pops up before the movie starts. To sum up, it talks about how music brings business to life and how music creators should get a license so that their credit does not go unpaid. I, however, feel that their slogan is a bit messed up. Music brings life to business, and on a larger scale, to the world.

Bakuda - By golly, The Misty Shore is a really soothing soundtrack. It may just be me but it feels like it has a subtle undertone of tragedy to it. It's very likely the kind of soundtrack one would use as their protagonists washed up on the shore of an unexplored land shrouded in mystery. At least, that's the kind of image that popped up in my head. Very well done, and looking forward to more from you!

DesperateMeasurez - Very appropriately named, Into Oblivion is the kind of music you would hear when someone's tragic past in being unfolded to the player in black and white, or even when the player lost a battle. However, it reminds me of To The Moon and Labyrinthine Dreams. I can also envision the soundtrack being played whilst walking through a peaceful and enchanting forest. Love the subtle and rhythmic tones. *salute*

Ms Littlefish - Right there is the perfect soundtrack for a tragic horror story and it's called Before it's Disturbed. That is actually the first thought that comes to mind upon listening to the music, but upon further contemplation, it also feels like you're in your own imagination or dreams. Reminds me of a game I once played called Drawn : The Painted Tower.

I Have an Awful Idea is the complete opposite, and not in a bad way at all. It's mischievous, quirky, fun and plays on my mind with a sort of harmless impishness. Great job!

Scythuz - I'm out of words to describe how awesome your collection is, haha. Eerie noise send a chill along my shoulder, and deep fried crickets raised up my hopes of hearing crickets being fried in oil but oh well, it's great nonetheless xD A Blade of Roses sounds very much like one of the background tracks you can play at a dramatic WWE final or at a boss battle, but both the lighter and heavier versions sound the same? owo Dragon Breath is also a very nice, fast-paced number, which makes The Three Embers the more..easy-going out of the three. I've always been a violin enthusiast, although I never finished learning, so I'm quite enthralled by the last track. *two thumbs up*
    P.s. I know fudge-all about scripts, so Ima be leaving the feedback there for the experts *wink* *wink*

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2015
  9. Vox Novus

Vox Novus Knight of Whispers Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm on a different computer than one with winrar atm (so I can't check) but judging from the comments I must have stupidly sent Caz the wrong link, as that was a set of battlers I had already released from the october event.

*Holds head in shame*

This is what was supposed to be in the re-staff: (edit-sent Caz the proper link).

will get back to everyone with my feedback later, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2015
  10. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    For those of you who can't tell the difference between the two versions of my track 'A Blade of Roses'.  The main difference is that the 'heavier' version has a lot more bass and low-end frequencies involved, however, if none of your speakers/headphones have good bass response you probably won't hear the difference.

Basically, it's for the benefit of those people who really like their 'BOOP BOOP BASS' (Trademarked by Caz 2014) :)

11. chalkdust

chalkdust Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    English
    They all require a VX (or Ace) license. The bird character and the two cat characters also use heads from XP monsters, so those 3 would require an XP license.

12. Vox Novus

Vox Novus Knight of Whispers Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Alrighty, think I got everyone here:

Graphics:

Avery-I love the elf sorceress, especially the smirk in her face that gives that slight sense of overconfidence. It's wonderful you included a battler, a bust and a spriteset to complete the package. The palladin themed icons are great perfect for when our noble knights need a class change.
    Candacis-Bases are always useful for spriters and the fountain in windows look like the belong in a noble wealthy palace garden.

Chalkdust-These creatures are great, finding "that" monster sprite is always tough to do but you offer a good deal of variety.

Chaos Avian-I like your new take on the cartoon style, you are simplifying body details more and exaggerating the eyes and faces to maximum effect.

Hiddenone-A lot of nice things for a forest here, I think its time centaurs take centaur stage in a game (get it lol).

Mjishi-Radioactive stuff isn't very common, way to provide something fresh.

Oceans Dreams-The Elf sprites are really nice, wish I had MV lol.

palladinthug-These mushrooms are great, perfect to spice up retro time fantasy forests.

Pandamaru-you have outdone yourself, these christmas ones are beautiful, I want to be in that village.

Personigo-I know you are going to make a lot of people happy with these bases.

Thalzon-These capture those sprites from oceans dreams perfectly.

Valkyriet-Ah, that Leperchaun you don't see those a lot in games but you might see it much more now because its wonderful.
    Music:

Bakuda-I picture this song in a sacred place, a possible hometown them or the song for a mysterious island.
    Desperate Measurez-This would be a great song for a final dungeon or maybe the final meeting of the party before the end.

Ms. Littlefish-Before Disturbed was hauntingly lovely and would work great for a holiday tune or even an underwater song. I have an awful idea is anything but, it had me laughing! It would be great for a comedy scene or a frenetic mini-game.

Scythuz-You mad melodious musical man! You've given us so much this time, save some for your comissions buddy! My favorite song was Three Emblems, very beautiful. It would be perfect for a funeral scene of a key character or a somber passing of the torch moment.
    Scripts:

KockaAdmiralac-I think the constant screen shake is a really different idea and could be useful in a lot of scenarios. Can't test them out as I lack MV sadly.
    Great job this year everyone! Can't wait to see what next year brings. 

13. Personigo de la Ĉefo

Personigo de la Ĉefo Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    Russian
    Thank you all for kind words :D I know that those bases don't work win generator. It's kinda given :D They are made mostly for people who can do something in pixel art, plus some generator parts can be manually translplanted on the bases. As much as i want to make generator parts fro those bases.. Well, this will take forever, a kind of time i don't have on my hands :)

Know what? Seems like you people like this stuff after all. I guess I'll do more stuff with those bases for the next restaff. Like female variants and some pose changes. Perhapse, a canine base too? Also, the idle pose is not aniomated for 2 of the 3 bases since I personally will make custom idles for every of my battlers (If I'll decide to use any of those styles), but i guess i can animate them for nnext restaff release.

Also, if anyone will finally complete a plug that allows more than 3 frames of animation on sv battlers (COME ON guys! Why are you taking so long with those?!), i'll make all those bases use 6 frames.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2015
  14. Caz

Caz Green Eyes Blonde Dragon Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've updated the download to reflect Vox's changes, so it should all be good now! :rhappy:

Vox Novus likes this.
  15. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I am still without proper internet, so still can't download this, but the feedback is making more impatient than ever for the engineer to arrive.

Valkyriet likes this.
  16. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That centaur base is cute. I'll make use of it. :rock-left: :)

17. TheGreyDemon

TheGreyDemon a freakin' crazy demon. Member

First Language:
    English
    As amazing as usual, guys! Man, I hope I get the full version of MV soon. I'm only two days into the trial, and I've already not only imported my VX Ace project to it, but I also am getting started with making the new sprites, 'cause I reaaaaaally like the new sprite system!

18. meowchelle

meowchelle Veteran

Thank you everyone for working hard on these! I'm actually in the middle of downloading it right now to check it out. I'm really eager to listen to the music. I'm always on the prowl for some good music for my projects.
    I'll keep brushing up on my pixel art skills and possibly try to contribute as a guest in the future. 
    (tbh I didn't know this section existed until just now; Holiday event. I'll be checking back here a lot more!) 

Bonkers, Marsigne and Lunarea like this.
  19. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [SIZE=14.6667px]I'll leave my detailed feedback a little later on. It's been a bit of a crazy time crunch, which I'm sure everyone can relate to during this month of the year. But, I want to say thank you to all the contributors for these wonderful gifts. It’s truly generous of everyone who took the time and thought to make these creations, and you do time and time again. Many creators depend on the Restaff, where the giving spirit never ends. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Have a wonderful Holiday. Have good food, good wine, and good time with family.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
    Bonkers, Marsigne and Lunarea like this.
  20. Marsigne

Marsigne Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There are superb resources here! With the chilly christmas-themed resources for your holiday-themed games! (there are good non-holiday-themed resources too, so download it anyway! :D )

Susan likes this.