MerReStaff December 2015

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Caz, Dec 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. jknightandkarr

jknightandkarr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    These have always been good resources! I think i have almost all of them. Happy Holidays!Joe

2. dkun

dkun Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    These are great! Some resources I may not be able to use for now, but this really shows how great this community is--lots of nifty add-ons.
    Here's my thoughts (I may have not covered all of them but I assure you, they're all really good and useful):

Avery - :o These look great! The character even goes really well with the RTP. She'd be perfect for a villain-type character, especially with the red eyes and the violet-ish dark clothes. The icons are very varied and look great for use in holy-type equipment.

Candacis - Although I don't tend to fiddle with spriting much, the bases would be really helpful for those who make sprites. I think the child base in particular is really useful as I don't think there's a lot of children sprites around. The windows look very elegant--simple yet stylish. They'd be perfect for structures such as palaces and the like. The same thing goes for the fountain. It's a fantastic addition that can fit with different types of environment. I can see it being used in a dungeon, even!

Chalkdust - There's lots of different races here! They'd be a great addition to worlds utilizing lots of races for world building (games like Skyrim, possibly?). There's more than enough of them to add variety to a game's universe. There's sea creatures, woodland creatures-- even a bird race! I think you've possibly covered all types of habitats here.

Chaos Avian - Oh! The cartoon style really looks great! I've had a game idea once of using a western-ish, comical cartoon style for the assets for a comedy game. These remind me of the Mother series as the designs are simple and silly. I can think of lots of uses for these battlers, though mainly I think they'd be perfect for comical games. Unfortunately, I think this style is underused which is a shame because I think it has great potential. Hopefully, with these come along a rise in the popularity in this style.

Hiddenone - The centaur bases will certainly be useful for spriters. They'll hopefully add more variety and a bit more life (in terms of the lore) in the games of those who use this. The little creatures are really nice additions. They;d be really great for adding a bit of life in maps. I don't know about others but personally, I like it if, say, a forest is dynamic. It really helps me immerse myself in the game and makes the maps look great.

Mjishi - These are really nifty icons! The maze, charger, peach and radioactive waste icons are really unique and, I think, are hard to find. They're quite modern icons that hopefully will allow people to add little details--these icons to spice up their game a bit.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
  3. Silent Darkness

Silent Darkness Robomage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    In Restaff we trust. It's always top-notch work coming from you guys!

Bonkers and Marsigne like this.
  4. Phantasie

Phantasie Veteran Veteran

Another amazing release. I really like the music in this one.

5. OneManArmy

OneManArmy Veteran Veteran

I love PandaMaru resources and her style, music is great tho as well as all other resources they can make your game only better Keep up good work! :)

6. DavidFoxfire

DavidFoxfire Veteran Veteran

I don't know where to put this soooo.....

{Hugs Caz} [Radio Edit] Snix!  Wait til I get my hands on you!

7. Nirwanda

Nirwanda Procrastimancer Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I always wanted to do this, but I have been very lazy, sorry it had come to an event for me to comment on a restaff release.

Make way, annoyingly big feedback coming through...

Graphics:

• Avery: Beautiful work, I love that paladin-like armor and the battler is fantastic, I'm almost tempted to change the backstory of my game's sorceress and make her al elf. :p
    • Candacis: Lovely fountain and neat looking windows. Tall sprites are always cool as well ;) .
    • Chalkdust: Hahahha love the pirate parrot, your other sprites are pretty neat as well.
    • Chaos Avian: Those kind of battlers would greatly enhance a comedy game. Love their eyes!
    • Hiddenone: Great variety of sprites, I particularly like the navi-look alike in the bugs& birds sheet
    • Mjshi: Those are some sweet looking crystals and the umbrellas almost beg to create an umbrella wielding hero. :D
    • Ocean's Dream: Beautiful elves, very classy
    • Palladinthug: I'm planning on getting time fantasy (if I can spare the money :p ), this is like a gift from above!
    • PandaMaru: Those are some gorgeous christmas tiles. They really put me in a festive mood
    • PersoñigodelaCefo: Wow! Those battler bases are beyond badass, I'd really like to make a chara with them.
    • Thalzon: I cannot even name the amount of contributions you've given us. There should be an RM badge just for you for being so awesome.
    • Valkyriet: Gorgeous, gorgeous statue, it'd look great in any park or fancy garden. Also that animated lepreauchan is really cool. I can almost picture him being a jerk to some poor hero.
    • Vox Novus: Really fun battlers. That unicorn looks great and candalina looks adorable. (she kind reminds me to a baby digimon)
    Music:

• Bakuda: Emotional and mystical, this tune could fit a lot of scenes, thanks a lot!
    • DesperateMeasurez: Sorrowful, yet noble this theme is really evocative. I can't help but imagine it on a crucial character development cutscene.
    • Ms Littlefish: Before it's disturbed sounds like a great tune to explore some dark, mysterious place; Awful idea begs to be theme song of a game's crazy inventor. Really good and varied work!
    • Scythuz: While Dragon Breath and blade of roses conjure scenes of pure badassery, The three embers grabs us by surprise with an aura of quiet determination the like found in the scenes leading up to the once defeated heroes resolving to take down the big bad. And you also give us sound effects!? You really went above and beyond the call of duty. Thank you man, really.
    I can't comment on Kocka Admiralac's plugin since I don't own MV, but I thank him for his hard work, nonetheless.
    Finally, thanks you to everyone who particpated in this, you're all very awesome, generous people and deserve a lot of recognition for your efforts.

8. RCDeschene

RCDeschene Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Great stuff! I can't wait to try them out! X3

9. Dungeonmind

Dungeonmind Lvl 4000 Humanoid Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's always wonderful have such a giving team of excellence in our forums such as the restaff team. I love you guys and I appreciate every single bit of resources you release to us. I can say my life would be incomplete without it. :)

10. mjshi

mjshi Jack of Most Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Nirwanda That's what I'm hoping to make happen... Unusual weapon types are always nice to see in traditional RPGs.

I might write more lengthy feedback later, but for now, have my thanks. They all look really nice!

Nirwanda likes this.
  11. EastsideTrouble

EastsideTrouble Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you, everyone!   These are really great!