Professional Illustrator and Character Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
maybe English?
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, RPG Maker Web community!

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Below are my Christmas pictures that I just sent via e-mail to my contacts, and I wanted to share them all with the community. I don't have everybody's e-mail addresses and I might have missed some people, so I wanted to make a public post sharing my Christmas art works. If you also drew a Christmas picture, feel free to post it inside this thread. ^^

kiyasu-oka_happy-holidays-2020.jpg

kiyasu-oka_illust-01.jpg

kiyasu-oka_illust-02.jpg

To those who might be curious about the character in the first and second pictures: it is my character design work of a fictional character I designed in around 2009. The character's name is Reeruro, who has become the mascot of both my Web site and my business card. Of course, I also use her in my avatars and icons. You can also find some of my holiday art works on my Web site and my illustration gallery at the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI).

Also, I actually don't celebrate Christmas at all. However, I like it when I can send and/or receive handwritten Christmas cards via the post, mostly with friends met via the Internet. I also like to enjoy the holidays and draw Christmas pictures. The holidays is mostly a one-person thing and maybe could be a with-friends thing for me, but NEVER anything about spending time with family. (I am saying this in case people say "Hope you spend a good time with your family this holiday season!" which has always been a bit weird for me, haha.) Christmas is nothing religious for me; it is simply about Santa Claus, receiving free stuff and not paying for things (presents!!), discounts, beautiful festival lights, the lovely Christmas music, delicious food, and so on.

If you want to be included in my e-mail address book so that I can directly send you my Christmas illustration next year or another year, please contact me and let me know. ^^

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! Hope you stay well, and cheers!
Kiyasu Oka

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Those are beautiful artworks.
My favorite is the second one, because Reeruro's shiny blue eyes
(and little snowman). :D

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The colorful crosshatching is so beautiful! :kaojoy:

Hoping you're enjoying the spirit and beauty of Christmas season over there. While I don't celebrate it either, I love this time of year!

Sorry I'm struggling so much to keep in touch. I'll do better. ;)

Sheklon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Your illustrations are colorful, lively, sparkly, eye-catching and artistic. I really appreciate the effort you put it into these! Thanks for sharing them with us. :cutesmile:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We do celibrate it, and I love the old xmas songs.

it's not always the presents, but also the food =)

Nice drawings too. Merry xmas to everyone reading this post =)

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I love it (the art) as it reminds me of my friends' arts he does a lot which is also cute similar style. X3 Drawn gifts or fanfiction or handmade gifts are my fav type of Christmas gifts. I hope yours went well.

gabrieldiastche

Gabriel Dias
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all - I LOVED THIS ARTSTYLE! <3

Second, I know how you feel, I like the Christmas time because of the food, like I am the "bad seed" of the family, but that's life... I think everyone has to do what they want to do and that's life!
Well, I hope to see more of your arts here in the Forum!

kiyasu

Professional Illustrator and Character Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
maybe English?
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wanted to quickly thank everyone here for their posts and hope you all had a good holiday season and a Happy New Year! It means a lot to me that people would take the time to comment on my art works, and I really appreciate your time. Sorry if I looked like I could be ignoring anyone by lack of public acknowledgement of people's posts. Work is really busy here lately and I have a lot of illustration projects for the 2021 year.

Just wanted to let everyone here know that even if I may be inactive here on the forums, any posts left here are still read by me via e-mail right away, so please don't let this hold you back from commenting on my thread. Just might be very slow to get back to you.

Thanks and wishing you all the best!
Kiyasu

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A video update on the progress I've been making on the cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I wonder if color LUTs is possible for RPG Maker. It would be game changer and can replace the not so good looking tint screen
new mechanic in battle where you can mentally erase enemies when you deplete all their MP instead HP. this gives you a special item of their "memory". it's pretty to do in battle so far.
Apparently MZ lets you preview move routes in the move route editor without having to start up test game. That could save a lot of time during development compared to MV, especially for a long game that uses a lot of event movement for cutscenes.
A repost of an old meme I had made, now with music

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyriemedia