Dee_Law

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heyo gamers! I added "Galv's message styles" to my project and it seems to run very nicely. The problem I'm having right now is that since I'm also using Yanfly's "Better messages" plugin, there is a mismatch between the color pallets of both the character name window and the actual text box. While I COULD possibly go and edit the main window.png to match the custom one that I made, it would ruin the whole reason for using Galv's plugin. I'm posting a screenshot. Thanks in advance for the help!Problem Rpgmmv (1).jpg

Dee_Law

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've decided to add a bit more detail. Basically the Galv's plugin allows me to use a different "window.png" file that I've edited from the img/system folder but it only effects the message boxes. All the other main menu stuff still uses the default "window.png" sprite set. Now the problem is that even though the message box is using the edited version of "window.png", yanfly's message box that shows your character name in a separate window is using the default "window.png". Is there anyway to fix this without having to make my default "window.png" look like the edited one?. I was originally planning to make the menu and other stuff look different thant the message box color pallete

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

@Dee_Law , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi!

Well, as I can see in the Galv code, it already tells the Window_NameBox to get the same window skin that his plugin uses.
Did you try to put Galv below the yanfly msg plugin on the plugin manager?

Dee_Law

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!

Well, as I can see in the Galv code, it already tells the Window_NameBox to get the same window skin that his plugin uses.
Did you try to put Galv below the yanfly msg plugin on the plugin manager?
I'm not at my pc right now but I'll try this out asap and get back you on how it went. Thanks for the quick reply!!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The one thing I've always struggled with is creating a story, it halts every single project I've ever worked on. We must be in the twilight zone because I've actually come up with a plot, from beginning to end (it kinda wrote itself). I may very well be on my way to creating my first proper little game, yay!
Oh, wow!
6VDEms4.png

Still need one or two "placeholder" asset things and then I'm venturing into custom windows + menus!
(I'm a little scared, lol)
In the past hour I've both joined and left the RPG Maker subreddit. So many memories were made. Power to the gam mak!
So the number one complaint I get so far is the levels are simply too large. What's funny is in testing I deemed levels taking too long and actually shortened them. Figuring I could beat them in 5-6 minutes so players would be able to do so in probably double that. I was apparently very mistaken, only one player has mentioned even reaching the second area. Let alone the first boss. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mracdc5