GlitchyPSIX

PSI User
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Everything working fine (Before shopping ANYTHING with Execute Shop Event).

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OzHIGuL.png[/IMG]
After shopping ANYTHING (with shop event):

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IT2EtZb.png[/IMG]
Happens with all message boxes by default (after shopping)
I have no external "Shop" Script.
Ask me anything that could help you help me.
(What?)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's a minor thing, but your being "clever" with your spelling just makes things hard to read. If you're here to get help, make it as easy as possible for us to understand you. Glitch is Glitch, not Gl1tch (saying this after spending way too long over the last few days trying to understand what people mean when they abbreviate, use acronyms, and terms that aren't used in this engine).

Almost looks like you're changing the windowskin. What windowskin are you using?

Are you using ANY custom scripts? A message script maybe? Links are needed.

What IS the "after" version? Doesn't look like a message box to me at all - where's the text? Where's the border? It's not JUST the narrow line that's the problem, unless there's something different here that you haven't told us.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you use yanfly's message system?

This looks like you're using it and forgot to configure it correctly.

Yanfly's message system contains variables to set the height and width of the message boxes, and you need to make sure that those variables are used by nothing else.

Because if you set the variable that controls the width of the message box to zero, then the message box will be reduced to zero width and become a single line...

So please configure Yanfly's message system to variables that are currently unused and then name those variables to prevent their accidental use for something else.

GlitchyPSIX

PSI User
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
It's a minor thing, but your being "clever" with your spelling just makes things hard to read. If you're here to get help, make it as easy as possible for us to understand you. Glitch is Glitch, not Gl1tch (saying this after spending way too long over the last few days trying to understand what people mean when they abbreviate, use acronyms, and terms that aren't used in this engine).
My KB was working weirdly until i found a spare one: that's why i haven't included in the title "Shop"

Almost looks like you're changing the windowskin. What windowskin are you using?
The windowskin doesn't have nothing to do with this: Yanfly's Message System is being used. ( https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/ )

What IS the "after" version? Doesn't look like a message box to me at all - where's the text? Where's the border? It's not JUST the narrow line that's the problem, unless there's something different here that you haven't told us.
After version is that message box after using the Shop command.

Do you use yanfly's message system?
Yup.

This looks like you're using it and forgot to configure it correctly.Yanfly's message system contains variables to set the height and width of the message boxes, and you need to make sure that those variables are used by nothing else.

Because if you set the variable that controls the width of the message box to zero, then the message box will be reduced to zero width and become a single line...

So please configure Yanfly's message system to variables that are currently unused and then name those variables to prevent their accidental use for something else. 
...I'd have to check that, I will edit this post and mark your answer as the solution is that was the problem... (Later because I'm currently far from my house...)

GlitchyPSIX

PSI User
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@Andar
Thanks, a script was messing with some variables used by Yanfly's Message System.
I've got trolled by myself e.e

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
GlitchyPSIX, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Yeah, ALWAYS check scripts to see what variables/switches they're using. We usually say to name those variables & switches so you don't accidentally use them yourself for something else, but on the odd occasion, you could get several scripts that use the same ones. I suppose if you do name them, you'd see that it's already being used by another script and go in and change them.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm back from an 11 year hiatus. Lol
I sometime envy the people that haven't played Skyrim yet. I feel like I could trade the whole world to be able to make my first pilgrimage to High Hrothgar all over again
Come join us while we play Pocket Mirror by Astral Shift! :LZSjoy: Starting at 2PM ET today!
Tried changing profile icon but...It just felt weird, you know? Who would even want to talk to me if I didn't have this fat yellow rodent thing....Or whatever it is as a mascot....No one, that's who! I am nothing without it. NOTHING!!..
I am having such a good hair day but because it's thunderstorms all day I don't go out and as such nobody will see my hair >.< It's not often my hair cooperates!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GanMvV