Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Everyone!

Its a well known issue where functions that shows messages over an event like Galv's Message Style "pop" funciton or yanfly's message core extension 1 "msgevent" function dont work well with zoom plugin's such as SRD's camera core or MBS - Maps Zoom. Thats because the message plugins calculates a pixel position for the message window based on the map grid and a camera with no zoom at all. I ended up calculating every event position i need and positioning messages manually near it. While it works its beeing a bit of time consuming.

I'm wondering if there's any free extension out there that deals with it or a smart workaround you guys being doing for it as both functions( zoom and message pops) are very desireable to work together for a nice looking cutscene.

Plugins mentioned(Added the tag used for message plugins):

SRD's camera core: http://sumrndm.site/camera-core/
MBS - Map Zooms: http://mvplugins.com/plugin/Masked/MBS - Map Zoom
Galv's Message Style( \pop ): https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/galvs-message-styles.59724/
Yep's Message Core Extension 1 ( \msgevent[x] ): http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/30/yep-65-extended-message-pack-1/

Dankovsky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
RU
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am very interested in this. Since this was posted just a little over a month ago, I'd like to bump this thread instead of creating a new one.

Been looking for a workaround for a long time. I think it's entirely possible and not too hard to do, but I was unable to do it on my own. I think the solution is to somehow modify the position algorithm inside Message Styles plugin to work with zoomed map, or maybe to change MBS Zoom so it will correctly alter screen positions.

I'll be borrowing an image from the original MBS thread to illustrate the problem here:

index.php

The plugins are:
MBS Screen Zoom
Galv's Message Styles

Kraden96

Friendly Fox
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm very interested in this. Such good plugins but if you want a dynamic zoom, they break.
So I'm bumping this!

bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Interested also, but add galvs zoom plugin to that list :D

paperyoshis

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Also interested!

I would like to make a game similar to Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and its sequels, and the dialogue system consists actually of small message windows "attached" to the NPCs (like text bubbles). I tried to do that but, since I'm using MBS MapZoom too, well it doesn't work like it should.

Is there a way to contact directly the plugins creators maybe?...

RoseRainblood

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going to bump this. :kaoluv:

I'm very curious if anyone got this working as I'm having this issue myself. The plugins I'm using are MBS Map Zoom and Yanfly's MessageCore "msgevent" function.

tenac666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! Do you know, how to solve that? I have the same problem but I have a bouth plug-ins from Galv’s Massage and Zoom.

tenac666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey maybe there is another way? What will be happend. If we could write the same x and y as ballon icon on the top of the character? Some script do you know? It is interesting becouse when Im setting zoom script, massege is everywhere becouse we have some problem with positioning- and there is a way - just putiing some events around the character and hope they will be fine. BUT when i have the same script with zoom and Im puting some ballon icons thats not happens! everything is fine and ballon icon is always on the top of character even if i will set zoom on 1000% So maybe there is a way? what do you think ? How to set allways the same positioning as ballon icon as the massage?

tenac666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem. Happy to help. :cutesmile::thumbsup-right:

I have one question. How can I set the "show choices" propertly? When I have zoom and massage option on everything is good to moment when I want add "show choices" after then, choices are far away from massage and that looks strange.

tenac666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok problem solved... i had bad postion in plugin list

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok problem solved... i had bad postion in plugin list
Oh awesome! Glad to hear it. :cutesmile: :thumbsup-right:

I should probably specify where it should go on the list (or maybe I did, honestly can't remember). :popcorn:

tenac666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh no, it going again... unfortunetly the problem is not solved... i thought its a plugin list becouse i delated a previous plugins, but it's still the same... the choices are look strange and theay are shows everywhere...:(

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
oh no, it going again... unfortunetly the problem is not solved... i thought its a plugin list becouse i delated a previous plugins, but it's still the same... the choices are look strange and theay are shows everywhere...:(
Oh dang sorry about that.
I think i did have that problem before too, pretty sure I fixed it but might never have uploaded it... let me look through the archives. ;)

tenac666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, I’m crossing fingers for that.

tenac666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks like that... :( I tried everything but Im not a scirpt master... Ony window over character during your zoom plugin works fine... choices and char name box are looks like that...

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It looks like that... :( I tried everything but Im not a scirpt master... Ony window over character during your zoom plugin works fine... choices and char name box are looks like that...
Hmm... yeah that does look pretty wrong huh lol

Updated page/demo & such (also very minor change to plugin regarding something else all together)
Included demo project files minus the Yanfly plugins, you'll have to install those manually.

Sooo anyways... looks like it doesn't do great with certain zoom depending on the width/height of the game screen size...
...anyways I got it working in the demo is by scrolling to the event first so it's kind of a work around... still have more testing to do.
Let me know if it helps with the issue you were having... seems to work nicely for me.
See demo for more details.
a2Dzax.png
N0BA2h.png

1587353495476.png

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm so annoyed with myself...I can't get this code to work so it looks like I'm going the plugin route for a problem I should be able to do myself :kaolivid:Great. Now I get to murder save file compatibility. Again.
Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:
How does one pronounce Godot? I've heard it pronounced a couple of different ways, and I genuinely don't know the proper way.
March 2020 ...
1635188823939.jpeg
... vs October 2021
You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armanirmr