Messed Up Generator

Merancapeman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So I did a stupid, and I imported generator parts from this website and completely forgot to backup the original generator files. You'd think years of modding Skyrim would have an effect on me. I guess I got so excited with all the seemingly cool additions that it skipped my mind!

So here's the thing: I guess with MV being so new, no one thought to do this (or for some legal reason could not?), but is there anyone out there that can provide a vanilla download of a generator parts backup? I know how to google, and cannot for the LIFE OF ME find one! I really need help because until I can delete all the folders and replace it with the vanilla files, I can't generate custom characters! HALP!

(If this has been asked before, I certainly didn't see it on this page, nor did google find it)

Cjdgame

The Azure Falcon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Why can't you just delete your local content and re-download MV? I don't think anyone can post you the vanilla resources on the internet without them getting taken down because then people who don't own MV would have them.

Merancapeman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I guess to some extent that would make sense, but for the most part all RTP content was transferable on other RM iterations, and thereby easily attainable. But as I hinted at earlier, I'm not familiar with the legalities of providing RTP (or RTP-like) material outside of personal ownership, so perhaps I need to just follow your advice. I'd rather not re-download everything, as the process would be arduous and relies on my sometimes shoddy internet, but I suppose if I have to break down and do it I don't really have a choice.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RTP = run time package, which is a separate downloadable package.  From the very start, it was made clear that MV would not have a separate RTP.  You will need to do as indicated above - copy out the stuff you want to keep, then reinstall.  At that point you should make a backup of your generator files and anything else you might try to replace, then put back in the extras that you've added, making sure not to overwrite default files.

Kinchen

Kween
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Hm, try installing on a different directory and copy the generator files to KADOKAWA\RPGMakerMV then just uninstall the other one?

Merancapeman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
RTP = run time package, which is a separate downloadable package.  From the very start, it was made clear that MV would not have a separate RTP.  You will need to do as indicated above - copy out the stuff you want to keep, then reinstall.  At that point you should make a backup of your generator files and anything else you might try to replace, then put back in the extras that you've added, making sure not to overwrite default files.
Oh I was aware that it wouldn't have an RTP, I was just using that as an example. I suppose that's going to be the way of it! I'll consider it payment for my mistake and a lesson in "no matter how tired you are MAKE A #$%^@# BACKUP."

Hm, try installing on a different directory and copy the generator files to KADOKAWA\RPGMakerMV then just uninstall the other one?
Might be the best choice.

Thanks for the responses, folks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!
Stream will be live shortly! I am going to be playing some Among Us! Feel free to drop by!
Ami
tv program always get the ratings (it's the reason why drama series has 1000+ episode),also full and nonsense of censorship (weird blur, a scene getting cut because the unconvenient viewer,but it unconvenient to me either. you never see what the original is)

i know the reason is to take cover the viewer from the negative thing,but i just laughing and mocking of them that they're always suck :guffaw:
Star Chart Idea - Just something I am working on.
My sister learned spanish the old fashioned way and saw my way of conjugating. I don't use the formal method and just wing it. I thought her heart might explode. Apparently, different words use different endings. Weird part is even though I never learned the difference, I still can tell when the endings "look wrong".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adirangga90