Nico Kaneo

Newb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello,

I was wondering if there was a script for RPG Maker VX Ace, or previous engines, that works similar to the "Metal Gear Solid" games. There are scripts, like Jet's Stealth Detection, or event-based stealth scripts that will give a Game Over, or "You were spotted!" screen, but what I am looking for is something akin to the "Metal Gear Solid" system. More specifically, when a guard "sees" a suspicious object, in the distance, he will leave his patrol and investigate. If the Player is not directly in his line of sights, the Enemy will look around, think it was nothing, and return to patrol. If the Enemy "sees" the Player, while he is approaching the suspicion, the Enemy will then give chase to the Player, and pursue him, until the Player evades the Enemy's line of sight, or the Enemy "touches" the Player Character, instigating a battle. If the Enemy loses the Player's Line of Sight, he will instigate a "search" around the Player's Last Known Location. This will take place for a generated amount of time, in which case, the Enemy will search for the Player. If the Player remains out of the Enemy's Line of Sight for more than a subjected amount of time, the Enemy will "give up" and return to his normal patrol route. Is this possible?

What I need:

-Guards with a Line of Sight, that will "search" suspicious objects at their last known location. If he sees them, will leave patrol, and return to patrol if there is nothing unusual.

-Have guards spot a player, if he is in his line of sight (the closer, the easier it is to be spotted) and "chase" the player. 

-If the Player escapes the enemy's line of sight, the enemy will "search" the Player's Last known Location.

-If the Enemy cannot find the Player, after a certain amount of time, the Enemy will Return to his original patrol.

-If the Enemy finds the Player, and touches him, a battle will instigate. 

That's pretty much it. Please let me know if this is possible, using the RPG Maker VX Ace engine! Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Create MiniMaps, Sprites for MV Enemies, & Aethereal Plane Battlebacks | RPG Maker News #74

Vtubers Vs MOTHER.png

This might be my next project. You like it?
I'm off to search the master script list for my skill issue. HOORAY! FUN!
Fun fact: Digimon is an isekai :kaoswt2:
The problem with being a perfectionist is that you are never done with something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nekonix