MGC's FPLE (First Person Labyrinth Explorer) Causing Random Crashes

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Snowy Fox, May 21, 2018.

1. Snowy Fox

Snowy Fox World's Floofiest Composer Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I've just started on a perhaps ambitious new project, a large part of the design of which I'm pinning on Morngalad's First Person Labyrinth Explorer script. I already have a problem, though... FPLE is causing incredibly frequent crashes, straight to the desktop with no error message, and nothing I try seems to prevent them happening for more than even ten minutes in the prototype. The demo game that comes with the script has the same issue for me, too, in both versions 1.4 and 1.5.

I've tried tweaking several different settings in the script's configuration, turning on screen flicker reduction in the game's configuration, switching between FPLE versions 1.4 and 1.5, and changing the way events are set up in relation to FPLE (event display type 0 seems especially problematic). Earlier in the day, removing all type 0 events seemed to produce stable results, but having started laying some groundwork for the game with a few basic common events and the like, the crashing is back, and it's looking like I'm simply not going to be able to make the game a first-person one, which I'm very disappointed about, as even despite this issue, Morngalad's work amazes me.

I also tried the long shot of posting a comment onto the FPLE page, but for some reason it wouldn't send. Just took me to a blank "wp-comments-post.php" page and stopped there.

I would appreciate any assistance or suggestions that anyone may have.

2. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    "Scripts" is where you post completed scripts, not queries regarding scripts.

I've moved this thread to RGSS Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.