Mica: Apoptosis

Coren

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

OFFICIAL SITE

You have the power to split the world into half. You can destroy buildings, overturn mountains… 

But you are still powerless against a human. 

Even a human who wants to kill you. 

Hey, isn’t that ironic? Isn’t that funny? 

… Why aren’t you laughing, Mika-chan?

Lenine lives in a huge palace as the most trusted servant of Princess Micaiah, the only place of beauty remaining in a desolate, destroyed land. Everything is perfect - the food is good, the job is good, life is good. As long as nobody leaves this palace of salvation, there is no need to dwell on the horrors that lie beyond these walls. 

Until one day, a mysterious stranger arrives... to teach these content souls the true price of perfection. 

Mica: Apoptosis is an RPG-style horror game about a web of delusions, a life of blissful ignorance, and the monstrous depravity that human beings can fall to in the name of love and admiration. The gruesome, revolting truth hidden behind the guise of a pretty, charming little lifestyle. Explore the game through three very different main characters with three very different perspectives, and tell your story as you believe it to be. 

So powerful, yet so fragile… your life is like a candle, ready to be snuffed between my fingers. 

I can slowly strangle you to death, and you can’t even flail to defend yourself. 

You’re so funny, Mika-chan.

Main Website

Characters

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS

Princess Micaiah

One of the protagonists, Princess Micaiah. Not really a princess, but insists to be called such. The owner of a breathtakingly beautiful palace, Micaiah is a stunningly pretty maiden living a stunningly idealistic life, until the untimely arrival of a mysterious stranger… 

Lenine

The other protagonist. His surname is unknown. He is a serious young man deeply loyal to Micaiah, and never a second short. He carries around a pocket watch and is always on time. Sometimes jokingly known by the other servants as "The Timemaster". 

Fleur

A slightly airheaded young maid. Has a generally cheerful demeanor. 

Rainer

Fleur's friend, a capable butler. 

Himeya Mika

The protagonist of the prologue sequence. A young girl trying to escape her captor. 

Prologue Characters

Castor

A young man, the son of a wealthy priest.

Raquel

Castor’s aide and colleague.

Euphony

Castor’s little sister. Nicknamed "Euphy". 

OTHER CHARACTERS

Anyu

A mysterious, faceless stranger. 

SCREENSHOTS

More information to come soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarl Van Damme

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looks really good, the textures kind of remind me of "the Witches House"

Coren

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Haha yeah, I was inspired by some Japanese RPGs like The Witch's House, but this is going to be very different. :) What do you mean by "textures", by the way? (For I am a noob who used default RTP tilesets lol so I'm a lil confused.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarl Van Damme

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No I'm the noob I call them textures because of other games and such I've used, they are called tilesets.

Coren

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Finally finished the prologue! :D The gameplay so far should be about 30-40 minutes long. The full demo will probably be an hour or more at this rate!

Mana Aeliria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
your art looks very good!

hope to play the game very soon!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I'm so excited! I've been exploring MZ a little, and I just downloaded Effekseer to make new animations. I have experience in 3D animation software, so I'll be pretty good at the whole "particle" thing. My first game on MZ will be Fantasy Force--starring a griffin, a dragon, and a pegasus fighting against the Dragon of Darkness.
currently listening to Driftwood Gaming streaming some MZ dev time and it's delightful! had no idea they were this entertaining, love it
In quarantine, will be tested soon. This year is really something... special.
I was at another orientation yesterday and I realized I'll be working with an old friend! We met at the local water park a few years back and it was so nice to see her again! We had a chat, and next week when I officially start, I'll see if maybe we can trade our Zoom IDs so we can talk!
I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmc1980