felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh boy. I want so many packs, but I can only pay 5 euros once per some day.

I want to buy one of these packs and I can't decide which:

1. Samurai Resource Pack (for a future project).

2. Dungeon Music Pack.

3. GCH: Second Story
If I had none of those three I would start with the Samurai Resource Pack ;-)

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Got the Samurai Packs (both the graphic (was given to me by a friend when we were exchanging gifts) and the sound (gifted to me by FeaR616 (thanks again)) packs).

Last edited by a moderator:

txtk

Apprentice
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
I would like to see a specific deadline for everything. This post started on May 26 and now the sale it's over before I realize. I barely have time to grasp what's going on and decide what to do.

I also would like to know what is the difference between the rpg maker versions that are from the Steam store and the ones from RMW main store/forum store? I have never purchase anything from Steam in the past.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The steam version has access to steam cloud (advantages with and disadvantage without a good internet connection) and steam workshop, and is needed to purchase DLC for Ace on Steam.

The non-steam version can open project files directly (steam always opens last project, not doubleclicked project file due to steams way of software launching).

Other than that, no functional or big difference.

And steam's Midweek Madness sales ALWAYS are only for two or three days, and the date was listed on steam as "sale ends" countdown.

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
The non-steam version can open project files directly (steam always opens last project, not doubleclicked project file due to steams way of software launching).
My Steam versions of both Ace and XP can both open project files directly, even if I've never opened that project before.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
only if they have been launched and you use the open from the menu, not by doubleclicking the project file

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
No, I just found a really old Project Folder now, Double-Clicked on Game.rvproj2, and it opened in the Editor.

Strange..

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Mine works the same, I don't start RPG-Maker on it's own or create new projects inside because there are simply too many issues with the steam version. And if I need a new project I am just making a copy of a base_project. That way I can avoid the project manager, all the steam cloud issues and the one project path thing from Ace.

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Mine works the same, I don't start RPG-Maker on it's own or create new projects inside because there are simply too many issues with the steam version. And if I need a new project I am just making a copy of a base_project. That way I can avoid the project manager, all the steam cloud issues and the one project path thing from Ace.
Mine had these problems, but I fixed it by switching to the 'Non-Workshop version in Steam 'Betas'

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Mine had these problems, but I fixed it by switching to the 'Non-Workshop version in Steam 'Betas'
I have a non-steam license of Ace as well, but I don't want to go without the workshop downloads. For a while I used the steam version of Ace just as download tool for DLCs and workshop items. My 'workflow' allows me now to go just with a single version of Ace. Wish, I could say the same for the RM-Resources (Steam exclusive content, RMW exclusive content, Humble Bundle exclusive content, Steam Shop, Steam Workshop, RMW Shop, Forum Shop, IGMC Shop and all the little 'private' Shops...)

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
...I don't want to go without the workshop downloads.
/me panics and wonders if she is missing some resources

For a while I used the steam version of Ace just as download tool for DLCs and workshop items.
Yeah, me too!

My 'workflow' allows me now to go just with a single version of Ace.
I keep steam on one computer but off my laptop. Drives me nuts to have that thing pop up all the time and need to be managed.

Wish, I could say the same for the RM-Resources (Steam exclusive content, RMW exclusive content, Humble Bundle exclusive content, Steam Shop, Steam Workshop, RMW Shop, Forum Shop, IGMC Shop and all the little 'private' Shops...)
exclusive? exclusive?
/me panics again

lol I google searched under steam exclusive rpg maker content and came up with moth balls.

Should I be checking somewhere?

ty.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
exclusive? exclusive?

/me panics again
There are a few cases where the Degica/RMW-shop has a bonus compared to the Steam version, but I don't know of anything exclusive to steam.
If there is Bonus content, it's mentioned on the description page like here: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/graphics/time-fantasy

There were a few small extras to humble bundle packs, and those aren't available when the bundle goes away - but in the cases I got them, it usually was only a small extra like one or two additional tilesheets (often even not full).

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey GrandmaDeb!

You can subscribe tons of RM-items on steam, but I've lost track here already. So far my packs are mostly mixed up, so I have some items from Steam, some more from the rmw-shop and some more from the forum shop and I am still missing three packs from the shops, so I can't give you much information here until I am done collecting all items from all shops, all forums and all already closed sites but in the meantime I've found a couple of exclusive items that makes it necessary to buy the same items two or even three times if you are an addicted collector like me ;-). Others are not obtainable anymore or only through EB-Japan.

@Andar: The modern day tiles resource pack on steam comes with a Steam_Extra_BG.png :p

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Someone gifted me a Steam copy of ACE, Futuristic Heroes and BGM, Futuristic Tiles, and Sci-Fi SFX pack. I bought the Germania tiles for my team's first game because those are my favorite tiles so far in the DLC. I also bought Dark Heroes which I'm using in my demo/test project, and Inspirational Vol. 2 music pack which has Sci-Fi/Modern music I like. 

I like that I can make edits to them for my projects, because making a first full game completely custom would be hard work. It's fantastic to have a base to work with.

RandomFactor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
*SOB*

This is the Steam sale that snagged me for VX Ace! And now Steam has another daily deal (18 hours:47 minutes left as of this writing) for RPG Maker things! They made me buy Luna engine and a bunch of other resource packs, I swear!

*SOB*

My poor wallet...

*SOB*

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
*SOB*

This is the Steam sale that snagged me for VX Ace! And now Steam has another daily deal (18 hours:47 minutes left as of this writing) for RPG Maker things! They made me buy Luna engine and a bunch of other resource packs, I swear!

*SOB*

My poor wallet...

*SOB*
Listen my friend, stop now turn around and never look back or your walled will die the 666 deaths of the Degica "There is a new pack out" Hell ;-)

caitsith2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, my wallet is hurting as well.  The recent steam sales made me get some more DLC, basically killing my steam wallet balance.   Grabbed Retroperspective and Luna engine on this go around.

RandomFactor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Listen my friend, stop now turn around and never look back or your walled will die the 666 deaths of the Degica "There is a new pack out" Hell ;-)
Ok, I did it! I turned around. I still looked back a little bit... but I turned around! Plenty for me to work with as it is, anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.
Starting to really like the first of my madness areas. I think the eyes looking at them really helps to sell the place. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lpfer