sundricat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a free MIDI editor that anyone would recommend for modifying the number 111 control change, which is used for the loop start on BGM MIDI's, on BGM MIDI's from older RPG Makers such as RPG Maker XP?

The image below just shows that I actually have RPG Maker XP on Steam, which actually does work on 64-bit Windows 10 (don't know about older versions of 64-bit Windows).

RPG-Makers-on-Steam.png

Last edited by a moderator:

johanes

Hobo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
I didnt notice the date :|:|

sundricat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just got a chance to look at it. It can still get the job done.
For anyone reading this post, I've figured out how it works.
To change an existing control change 111 in that program, you need to know the time you want it at and change the StartTime. To add a control change 111, you need to create a new event for it, and again, you need to know the time you want it at. It helps if you first add a track marker at the desired point in another MIDI editor. It's description in MidiPiano will read "Unknown Data1: 6". Either way, you must add another note after moving the control change in order for the event list to properly update. You should delete any old control change 111's.
The image below shows what a control change 111 event should look like (ignore StartTime and possibly Track). Also, the setup for the program may get flagged by your antivirus, tested on Sophos, but the zip was just fine.

Example.png

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

WhitePaper.jpg

From China, with...white paper. :kaojoy:
This is a really good video
Testing Parry/Counter system straight from Action Sequence instead of utilizing the default counter.
Quite happy with the result so far.
Bex
This just blew my mind.
RMMZ can choose Tilesize.
No complicated Plugin needed, it is a simple inbuild Option.
This means you could literally use all your rm2k3 or vx-ace Tilesets and Characktersets in RMMZ.
This also makes me curious about experimenting with smaler Tiles and higher Screen Resolutions for non RPG Games.
mztilesize1414564.png
Did you know about this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeachyGlitch