Midi restart after battle

nairnebear

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey there! I've searched high and low to no avail. Would it be possible to create a script for VX Ace that stops the field BGM (midi) from restarting after each battle? Or better still is there already one out there?

Please don't tell me to use OGG or MP3 instead. Many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
What do you want to accomplish? Do you want a BGM on a map that doesn't restart once a battle is triggered?

If that's the case, you can have a parallel process trigger the BGM upon entering the map (use "Erase Event" to disable it until you re-enter the map) instead of the automatic Change BGM in the map properties. I'm not sure if this prevents the map BGM from playing again after you return from a battle right away; if it doesn't, you could ad a "Play BGM: None" command in another parallel process (or common event parallel process) with a trigger switch that goes on in battle (and off again once the parallel process has run).

Last edited by a moderator:

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Oh, what? You mean the BGM starts over after battles? I have never realized that in my playtesting. Huh. Well, good thing I read this topic. :) Thanks.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
BGM will also start over after battle if you're using mp3s. OGG seems to be the only way to avoid it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The final version of our game is already available both in English and Spanish! ^___^
Can't believe this day has finally come... T_T
Im so happy that Dead By Daylight is getting a Silent Hill chapter! Cant wait to play as pyramid head
I'm glad I found those fishies by @whtdragon so I had a proper base to start pixeling the first enemies in the game.
Such cuties... yeah.
Yesterday, for my youngest sibling's birthday, we watched one of his favorite movies.
Ponyo is such a beautiful, but certainly strange, movie.
I just have to say that I prefer the majority of Studio Ghibli's works to those of Disney.
*sees work place in incoming call history* .... =www= hisssssSSSSSssss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IronWario