Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
5115725.png

5115726.png

Welcome to my game thread...in its walls, you will find a very short game, maybe 10 minutes long, originally intended for the 28th birthday event. But I missed the deadline. I decided to release the game anyway, however. And here it is.

Before anybody asks - I may make a sequel to this. I'm not sure yet. Depends mostly on if people like it.
5115727.png

In the year 476 A.D., the king called a great feast
for the entire kingdom. Everyone came gladly and had
an amazing time together eating and drinking and
playing many games together.

When evening arrived, the king announced a special
event - the Silver Ball, an event that happened only
once every ten years. Everyone was very excited.
They danced and danced for two hours, until it was
dark.

Finally, everyone went home happy. The king and
queen sent their two children to bed. But at
midnight, Rosie, the young princess, woke up from a
nightmare. She was scared and decided to go to her
mother's room and sleep with her through the night.

But it was very dark...and strange things happen in
the dark at midnight...
5115728.png

Capture1.PNG Capture3.PNG Capture4.PNG Capture5.PNG Capture6.PNG Capture7.PNG Capture8.PNG Capture9.PNG Capture10.PNG Capture11.PNG Capture13.PNG
5115731.png

5115734.png

Credits are also in a note block.

Graphics:
Enterbrain
Mack
Maker Systems - RPG Maker Source
Cool Text
And the following...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
According to the TOS for one of the DLC packs, I must include this:
I am using Royal Tiles DLC.
[Copyright](C) 2014 ENTERBRAIN, INC;
creator: Sherman3D
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Music/Sounds:
Aaron Krogh
Enterbrain

Scripts:
mjshi
Neon Black
Victor Sant
5115736.png

A complex light effect system by Victor Sant. The character will find a lantern, and will use it like a flashlight to see in the dark area. There will also be other lights around.

Features one DLC, the Royal Tiles resource pack.

Please, feel free to give any feedback or bug reports!
The logos in this thread are from https://cooltext.com/.

Last edited:

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nice!! You made a new game!! ^__^ Will check it out, Thomas!! :D Looks very cool! xD And it's quite a shame you didn't meet the deadline x(( Still, I'm glad you posted it either way for us to see and play! :D

ts50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nice!! You made a new game!! ^__^ Will check it out, Thomas!! :D Looks very cool! xD And it's quite a shame you didn't meet the deadline x(( Still, I'm glad you posted it either way for us to see and play! :D
I hope you like it! ^^

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
I love it! xD It was a very cute little horror game. xDD I say cute mainly because of the music and the main character xDD But yeah, I love the tile-sets and maps, it really felt like wandering around a dark royal mansion. :)

Still, I believe that it is really short and left me quite puzzled in mystery as to what's haunting them. xDD

I think you should add some more interactions or puzzles to is as a horror game, but other than that, it is very well done. ^_^ There's great lighting and atmosphere that already sets the mood for a horror game. :)

ts50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I love it! xD It was a very cute little horror game. xDD I say cute mainly because of the music and the main character xDD But yeah, I love the tile-sets and maps, it really felt like wandering around a dark royal mansion. :)

Still, I believe that it is really short and left me quite puzzled in mystery as to what's haunting them. xDD

I think you should add some more interactions or puzzles to is as a horror game, but other than that, it is very well done. ^_^ There's great lighting and atmosphere that already sets the mood for a horror game. :)
Glad you liked it!
You are puzzled? Fabulous. That's just what I intended. I am serious, that is what I intended.
I made it without lighting first, but it looked terrible. Lighting makes it pop!
Puzzles? Maybe. This is a "completed" game, but that is just version 1 XD
But yeah, I love the tile-sets and maps, it really felt like wandering around a dark royal mansion. :)
The tileset I used is very small, created by the same person who made the Sci-fi tiles (used in Delta Origins) and there is only enough for a castle. I decided to use it... Due to the painted style, when combined with the lighting, there are more shadows.

So I'm very happy you liked my little game ^^

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ahahha! Then I believe the game has indeed successfully made its intention come true with how puzzles I am and hanging as to what is going to happen. xDD

But yeah, I do believe that it is fine as it is as a short game, but if you're thinking of a sequel, then adding some puzzles and mysteries to solve would be amazing! :) Again, great job Thomas! ^__^

ts50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ahahha! Then I believe the game has indeed successfully made its intention come true with how puzzles I am and hanging as to what is going to happen. xDD

But yeah, I do believe that it is fine as it is as a short game, but if you're thinking of a sequel, then adding some puzzles and mysteries to solve would be amazing! :) Again, great job Thomas! ^__^
Thank you ^^ If I make a sequel, I will add more puzzles ^___^

ts50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Thomas Smith I'll try it out tonight. Which version would you recommend?
Um...you mean the version with RTP or the version without RTP? If you have VX Ace installed, then certainly go with the one without RTP. But if you do not, the version with RTP is best.

starlight dream

Loving life...One dream at a time
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN, EL, FR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi Thomas :popcorn:

Congrats on completing your mini-game :) It is cute with spooky mystery, it left me wondering what happened.. I wanted some more certainly...

Your mapping is nice, the layouts were good and intuitive. I found no glitch whatsoever.
If I can make 1 suggestion it's for the text in the beginning to scroll slower. It was moving a little too fast for me. ^^

I loved the music you selected too. Good job overall.
Looking forward to more from you :)

ts50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi Thomas :popcorn:

Congrats on completing your mini-game :) It is cute with spooky mystery, it left me wondering what happened.. I wanted some more certainly...

Your mapping is nice, the layouts were good and intuitive. I found no glitch whatsoever.
If I can make 1 suggestion it's for the text in the beginning to scroll slower. It was moving a little too fast for me. ^^

I loved the music you selected too. Good job overall.
I'm glad you liked it! :LZScheeze:
It is cute with spooky mystery, it left me wondering what happened.. I wanted some more certainly...
Ah, like @Starmage! He was wondering what happened as well...and it is exactly what I was going for. :LZSwink:
I loved the music you selected too.
Thank you :LZSsmile:
Well, it is at the lowest speed possible...I'm sorry, but I don't think that is possible... :LZSsad:
Your mapping is nice, the layouts were good and intuitive.
Thanks!! :LZSexcite:
I found no glitch whatsoever.
That's a relief :LZSproud:
Great! Yes, I think that when I get a good bit more done on Delta Origins, I will see about a sequel :LZSgrin:

Anyway, I have two satisfied players :LZSjoy: Thank you so much!

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow!! That means you were indeed successful in giving us the your intended feelings of mystery and wonder that the game is supposed to give! XD :D Love it!

starlight dream

Loving life...One dream at a time
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN, EL, FR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, it is at the lowest speed possible...I'm sorry, but I don't think that is possible...

Ah, ok, well it's not your fault! :p Don't sweat it.
I'll check out Delta Origins next^^

You're a red dragon Legend in my book lol

ts50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah, ok, well it's not your fault! :p Don't sweat it.
I'll check out Delta Origins next^^

You're a red dragon Legend in my book lol
Thank you so much :D
Wow!! That means you were indeed successful in giving us the your intended feelings of mystery and wonder that the game is supposed to give! XD :D Love it!
I was afraid it wasn't mysterious enough...I was wrong XD

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright. Well I checked it out. Why was the game window so small? :b
Seemed like more like an intro scene than an actual game, but I from what I saw, it was enjoyable. Good mapping and lighting techniques.

ts50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Alright. Well I checked it out. Why was the game window so small? :b
Seemed like more like an intro scene than an actual game, but I from what I saw, it was enjoyable. Good mapping and lighting techniques.
Well, I'm glad you liked it.
Why was the game window so small? :b
What? I don't understand. If you mean the game's resolution, that is the default size for VX Ace. MV is a lot bigger.
Good mapping and lighting techniques.
Thank you ^^
Seemed like more like an intro scene than an actual game
I was going to make it for the birthday event, so that is why it was so small. That and I just wanted to finish a game :p

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Will be focusing on map making today and adding locked chests :LZSsmile:Screenshot 2021-09-16 095316.png
It's hard to stay consistent for at least a week
new enemies for the game I'm working on...
Fricken hell! I dropped a bowl with mac and spam on my brothers floor, and was going to put leftover mac with whatever was still safe in there. It was only after I added the leftover mac that my brother told me he put floor noodles in there, now I wasted my planned dinner for tomorrow!
How to make a cool character 101: Create a messy plot, make the character said "all according to the plan", then somehow the problem is solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schwarzohr