RMMV Might of Darkness

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by OcRam, Aug 15, 2019.

1. OcRam

OcRam Servant of the Universe Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Might of Darkness, Road to ruin

Synopsis

Our journey takes a place in a world which is about to start industrial revolution and at the same time magic forces are getting weaker and weaker.

Technopolis is the capital of industrialized republic of Tenebria. There are some people in the world who are against industrialization, but most of the people don’t care or supports it. Only the kingdom of Andorra has decided to remain un-industrialized…

Liquidized Mana is the major energy source for pretty much any machine. It is very rich energy source, but on the other hand it is polluting earth, air and water (acid rains etc…). While mana is in its natural (solid) form it may cause mutations, nausea or even death to any individual who is handling it too closely for too long.

Magic is also powered by mana and casters channel its energy from earth… But when mana is in liquid form it no longer emits any form of energy (it must be combusted to release that energy).

E.V.I.L. (Exciting Visions in Liquid) Corporation is exploiting people and planet to gain gold. It doesn’t care about polluting the planet and offers jobs in mana mines with minimum salary to people who are in need of gold and prisoners get a chance to work for shorter time in jail.

You awake in forest only remembering that you had a good time at the inn of Andorra last night. You have a choices to make that will change the very future of the world!
    Game type
    JRPG, Fantasy/Post-Apocalyptic/Oriental​

Local co-op up to 4 players (shared keyboard for 2 players)

Main character may have up to 3 followers at same time. Each of them can be controlled by another player. All players will join the same battle (no matter who started it).​

Time System

We have in game day phases that will effect game environment. Usually bats don’t fly at day time? And it’s dark at night time? 1 sec = 1 minute game time (NPC dayphasing + Windows lit/shut/open (day/night/dawn/evening))
    There might be some scripted parts of the game when time system is disabled.

Weather System

Always same weather? Nope. Every region has its own climate and weather will effect for example in elemental damage and dialogues with NPC’s. You can also hear thunder and see flashes while you are indoors (if there’s storm outside)!
    There might be some scripted parts of the game when weather system is disabled and game is forced to some weather.

Battle System

Turn based battle system ATB with timed/mashing/pattern/dual and triple tech attacks. Melee classes are strong against 1st row and ranged classes are strong against last one. Caster range varies based on skills. Enemies and players can swap their place during battle.​

Re-playability
    Every choice matters and there are several different ways to end game. And you can use “New game+” mode where your equipped items, level and skills are preserved.​

Atmosphere (Audio and lighting according to time and environment)
    You walk in the dark forest at night time only with your lantern to light your way and hear owls and some crickets. Then it’s going to dawn in forest and birds starts chirping and dark is turning slowly lighter.
    HC mode
    In HC mode you only got 1 save file and it will be deleted if all party members dies.​

Title screen...
    title.png

Waked in forest by a young lady...
    waked_in_forest.png

Traveling through forest...
    grimden_forest.png

Somewhere near Technopolis...
    inn.png

All playable characters (from left to right):
    1. Row: Alexander (Knight), Trinity (Earthbound), Theodor (Ranger), Sofia (Priest), Mathew (Mystic)
    2. Row: Chang (Monk), Nicodemus (Airbound), Evelyn (Gun Slinger), Ling (Assasin), Prometheus (Cyborg)
    characters.png

Re-creating 'bones' to this project...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    atoms, Leon_Artmann, bazrat and 3 others like this.
  2. SolonWise

SolonWise The Lonely Maker Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    These are nice mana concepts, and I like the idea of people against industrialization. It almost makes me remember of Final Fantasy VII.

I also like the screens, althoug they seem a little too dark. Well, maybe you have taken these pictures at night. :D

But let me ask you: Do you intend to make a big project, with like 30+ hours of gameplay, or this is a smaller project, with around 5 hours of gameplay?

OcRam likes this.
  3. OcRam

OcRam Servant of the Universe Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for the feedback!

Yes most of the screenshots are taken at night time there's only 1 shot where sun is about to rise >.<

I'll post more screen shots in near future and I'll make sure that there will be at least 1 day shot :p

I have thought around 24+ hours of game play (never-ending-project that is...). But this isn't 'written in stone' yet...

Edit: My 2 all-time-favorite JRPGs are FF7 and Chrono Trigger :)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    SolonWise likes this.
  4. bazrat

bazrat Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sounds awesome OcRam! I like how one of the characters wears a mask similar to your forum pic xD

Leon_Artmann and OcRam like this.