RMVXA [Mild Cussing you have been warned] Stupid game i made i guess?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by ARandomDeveloper, Jul 7, 2018.

?

Should i give up or should i finish the game?

1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. IDK

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Give up

40.0%
  5. Dont give up i guess?

20.0%
  1. ARandomDeveloper

ARandomDeveloper Warper Member

First Language:
    Engrish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So im in the process of making a VX ace game, it makes fun of the really bad games, (also i used to be one of the people that made really bad games for rpg maker) but it has one certain character that is the generic cussing teammate that annoys you.
    i also have the main character as that generic bland MC that does nothing but be the op character, it also has the side character that falls in love with the mc. also it has a really great plot point near the end. [warning: the game is a stupid game making fun of stupid games. it is purposfully bad at some parts] i should release the beta but idk people will probably try to get into the test rooms.

i have a planned release date (which probably will be broken): 2 months from now i should have the game playable( or at least the UNSKIPPABLE tutorial level)

2. BolognaSandwich

BolognaSandwich Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Howdy!

I've played my share of parody games, and the only concept I would be careful of is that the jokes tend to out-do themselves or become overused. Look at all those "parody" movies as an example! I think it is a sound idea and if done properly can be entertaining. I hope the best for you and good luck! :D

ARandomDeveloper likes this.
  3. VioletSpark

VioletSpark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    First of all, what he said. A lot of "parodies" think they're funnier than they actually are.

Second, don't fall into the "so bad it's okay" trap. It's better to make a good game that makes fun of bad games, than a deliberately bad game. You want the player to still have fun playing it.