Sparky89

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a mimic in game, I'm sure I had this working or atleast partly.
Here is a screen shot of my Mimic skill all the Mimic does is Attack he doesn't seem to copy any magic attacks or other.
Any ideas? clearly missing something here?
1630850469821.png

1630850521205.png

autodidact

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,
I stopped by because this sounded interesting, but it seems I don't have the necessary Yanfly plugins to test play around with any of this.

Have you looked at this already, it seems to be what you are using (although you didn't specify you were using anything).

Based off the screenshots, perhaps you forgot the <Custom Action Start Effect>? I suspect that would result in <After Eval> execution getting a default value of 1 (Attack Skill?) because the target._lastusedskill was never set.

Hope it helps!

Sparky89

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will look at what you said, and try something and let everyone know how I got on when i get some time, but for now thank you for your responce ! And yes I was using Yanfly's plugins.

Sparky89

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, I haven't had much luck, I did look at my global state for yanfly's "auto passive states " does this seem correct ? if so then i
'm not sure where i'm going wrong.

1631402875249.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

autodidact

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi again,
I am always sad when a post goes a few days without a response. So, I'm back!
Again, I can't test this code right now, but maybe one day I'll go and buy everything Yanfly.

In your last image post, you set actionId = action.item().id || 1;
But the tutorial shows that you need to set user._lastUsedSkill = action.item().id;

My understanding is that the user will become the target defined in your <After Eval>, but because you never set user._lastUsedSkill the logical OR operator defaults to using "1".

I suggest changing the line actionId = action.item().id || 1; to the following:
JavaScript:
user._lastUsedSkill = action.item().id; 
actionId =  user._lastUsedSkill;

I hope I've said something useful.

Sparky89

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
WOOOOOH I got it to work ! i changed the code like you said and I added X as the skill ID 83 and Y as the global state ID being 200 <3 Thankyou @autodidact

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

I'm not sure how to do this so I'll just ask here, Wheres a good place to post your game (for free) once its done?
I don't know what I'm doing :D
So got my hearing tested to see if it was the cause of my mishearing what people say. Test showed no problems but talked with the doctor about anxiety and ADHD causing hearing issues and she agreed and also added that some people hear things differently. With my anxiety cause I am in fight or flight I pay attention to all the sounds in the area so body knows when react. Can't pay attention to one source.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coder_Make