Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mimosa Mouse Cursor MV : Version - 1.1.0

Author : Chaucer

Introduction:

Add a custom mouse cursor image to your rpg maker mv/mz project!

Mimosa Mouse Cursor allows you to setup custom mouse cursor images in your project, you can add a custom cursor for battles, menu's and on map! You also can add an unlimited number of custom cursors, and cycle between them via plugin command in game! The base version is free to download, and use for any project, non-commercial, or commercial!

Mimosa Mouse Cursor Plus, includes many unique and useful features, such as setting animated cursor images, change cursor when hovering over an event, change cursor when hovering over a picture, and also extends the ButtonPicture plugin( added into every newly created rpg maker mz project ), to include pixel precise buttons! For those of you on mv, this plugin is not available, but don't fret, there is an extra plugin parameter exclusive to MV that will allow you to turn pictures into buttons buit right into the plugin itself!

Features:

Base Version :
  • Add custom cursor to your game.
  • Have a unique cursor specific to battles and menu's.
  • Change between cursors at anytime in game via plugin command.
  • Use a different cursor image when the left mouse button is triggered.
Plus Version:
  • Add animated cursors to your project!
  • Change cursor image while hovering over events.
  • Change cursor image while hovering over pictures.
  • Extends ButtonPicture( MZ plugin ), to include pixel precise buttons.
  • Adds plugin command to mimick ButtonPicture functionality in MV!

Videos:

Screenshots:

Download Link:

Last edited:

Tamina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So the plus version only works in MZ? :esad:

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tamina, sorry! I had two videos uploaded, and I chose the wrong video... In the second video I explained that.. the buttonPicture plugin is exclusive to MZ.

However, so that MV users aren't left out, I went ahead and added my own interpretation of buttonPictures built right into MMC Plus! So MMC Plus is 100% fully compatible with MV AND MZ! :D

Just when you use the plugin for MV, there's an extra parameter available to turn pictures into buttons that you can find in the plugin help file. I would swap out videos, but I think it's a bit too late as this video was posted in places I cannot easily swap links out for :/

TLDR; Both versions of this plugin are 100% compatible with both MV and MZ, there's a note tag for button pictures in the plugin help file under "Plugin Commands"( only applicable for MV ).

Tamina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, I just want to know if MV can do animated cursor and hover on events, and if hover on events can be turned off on different pages.

Tamina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tamina, sorry! I had two videos uploaded, and I chose the wrong video... In the second video I explained that.. the buttonPicture plugin is exclusive to MZ.

However, so that MV users aren't left out, I went ahead and added my own interpretation of buttonPictures built right into MMC Plus! So MMC Plus is 100% fully compatible with MV AND MZ! :D

Just when you use the plugin for MV, there's an extra parameter available to turn pictures into buttons that you can find in the plugin help file. I would swap out videos, but I think it's a bit too late as this video was posted in places I cannot easily swap links out for :/

TLDR; Both versions of this plugin are 100% compatible with both MV and MZ, there's a note tag for button pictures in the plugin help file under "Plugin Commands"( only applicable for MV ).

Hi, I followed your video but I cant get hover on event to work. What went wrong?

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm you're using MMC Plus? If you're using the basic it doesn't have the functionality :x? if so can you share a screenshot of th event, and your cursor presets. :)

Tamina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm you're using MMC Plus? If you're using the basic it doesn't have the functionality :x? if so can you share a screenshot of th event, and your cursor presets. :)
Send2.PNG

Send1.PNG

Is this correct?

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tamina Thank you, this info has been extremely helpful :D I've published a bug fix for this it's already up on itch.io. If you encounter any other issues please let me know, I'd be happy to help out! :)

I've also gone ahead and patched up another minor oversight on my part which could potentially lead to problems in the future as well.

~Update info~
● Version : 1.0.1
● Date : 12/02/2020
✩ Fix - Unable to use capital letters for cursor names.
✩ Fix - Blank space with event comments is now working.

TheGameBrewery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Might have to try this out and seeing how compatible it is with the bazillion other plugins I'm running.

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There shouldn't be too many compatability issues that I could forsee, but there's always a chance. :x

Also not really an update to the plugin, but I've uploaded a sample cursor pack( which includes the cursors used in my video ), to itch.io. :D It also comes with one higher quality cursor( it's got a bit of a scifi vibe ) which I've created, I plan to add additional cursors later down the road as well. All the cursors that I have made/will make, are 100% free to use for commercial and non-commercial games, please note the animated versions only work with MMC Plus, but there are non-animated versions of every cursor in the pack as well.

A preview of the new animated cursor~
Peek 2020-12-03 11-18.gif

TheGameBrewery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This might sound dumb but how do I get access to the plus version? The download link only includes 1.0.0 and the cursor pack.

Edit: Never mind. My weak eyes reveal that it's $1 for the plus version. :D

Tamina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin seems to have compatability issues with the following plugin:

1) MadeWithMv (official plugin): When MadeWithMv picture appeared, cursor movement lags a little.

2) YEP_CommonEventMenu: When Common Event Menu is opened on top of another event with "hover on event cursor change" note, the cursor will change when it moves above the event even if its hiding behind the common event menu. Which looks quite akward and it can be confusing for the players.

3) Olivia_StateTooltipDisplay: When this plugin is activated, State Tool tip wont show at all. Additionally, cursor lags when it hovers above status icons.

I also noticed the cursor stops during map transitions, which may be confusing for the players as well.

Any chance for a capability fix? :rtear:

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Absolutely~

For the first issue are you using an old version of the made with mv plugin? if so it causes weird stuff to happen sometimes :x possibly try using the updated version( if it's not already ). I'll look into this once i get a chance. :D

For the rest I should have no trouble patching these things. :)

Just a headsup though, it might not be ready until sometime around x-mas T__T

Tamina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found another possible glitch. Hover on event cursor change only applies to events with an image. If the event has no image the cursor wont change.

This plugin also doesnt support yanfly event hitbox resize.

Emz0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french/français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great plugin ! But there is a strange thing with MMC+ (not MMC) on MV : the cursor seems unable to click under a picture. So characters doesn't move when clicking on the map under a picture.

Did I missed something ? I tested with no plugin except yours, so it's not a problem of compatibility with another plugin.

Last edited:

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Emz0 thanks for sharing this! I will fix this asap, I just opened my editor to start working on this( and several other projects ), right now lol.

Emz0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french/français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks ! :) I'll wait for the debuged version.

EDIT : Probably due to the same reason, changing cursor by hovering an event doesn't work under a picture.

If it can help...

Last edited:

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Emz0 I've just updated the plugins and scripts, a lot of fixes have been added.

@Tamina I've tried my best to resolve some of these issues, however I do not have a copy of
YEP_CommonEventMenu, or Olivia_StateTooltipDisplay, so I can't officially offer support for these D: I tried my best to account for the issue with Olivia StateTooltipDIsplay plugin, however, I am literally just shooting in the dark here :/ fingers crossed it might work lol, as for the common event menu, I think this problem may not be fixed.

I also added support for hovering over blank events, regardless of image, again for the YEP Event hitbox resizer thing, I don't have a copy of this and I can't officially offer support T__T once i'm in a better situation I'll pick up a copy and patch the issues in question. :)

Mimosa Mouse Cursor

● Version : 1.0.2
● Date : 12/29/2020
✩ Fix - Mouse stays visible with MousePointerExtend.js plugin.
✩ Fix - MadeWithMv cursor movement lag( possibly ).
✩ Fix - PictureDrag.js conflict error( possibly ).
✩ Fix - Cursor improper position in full screen.
✩ Fix - Missing Image Files on exported games.
✩ Fix - Cursor not visible on scene change.

Mimosa Mouse Cursor Plus

● Version : 1.1.1
● Date : 12/29/2020
✩ Fix - Cursor over picture -> event, event cursor doesn't show.
✩ Fix - Mouse stays visible with MousePointerExtend.js plugin.
✩ Fix - MadeWithMv cursor movement lag( possibly ).
✩ Fix - PictureDrag.js conflict error( possibly ).
✩ Fix - Cursor improper position in full screen.
✩ Fix - Clicking events under pictures.
✩ Fix - Missing Image Files on exported games.
✩ Fix - Cursor not visible on scene change.
✩ Fix - Cannot click events with no image.

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you share your settings in plugin manager, that's definitely odd, that bitmap should exist :c

Also are you using rpg maker mv or mz? and which version?

Edit : I've found the culprit .-.; my apologies, also that was a dumb question your posting in the MV XDD obviously you're using MV.

My problem was that I was jumping back and forth between mv and mz, and I ended up forgetting to test the last change I made in MV, I only tested it in MZ, this is an easy fix, and I'll have it patched in just a moment~

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After hearing Wataten's opening several times and knowing what this anime is about, I don't think I like moe anymore.
So I am working on a big DLC package for my game.... and it will add a new intro and extend the ending of the base game, while of course adding additional content to the game... Yeah, that should work! lol
I'm stuck, I'm making some of Mr. N's Dialogue but I can't finish his full Dialogue...heres what I got now [this is the part I'm stuck on] "You treat me like a
bug, I'M SICK OF IT, you had me make these...abominations...well, now..." and at the "Well, now...' part I'm stuck at, anyone got Ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS