"Mindless", "Independent" Summon for necromancer game

zubleiko

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I started to develop this necromancer game, but i cant get the systems right.

I saw a video where it was explained how to make a summon spell without the need of scripts, but there is a catch i want to add.
I want to make the summon "mindless". As you summon it, it should play by its own, casting its own skills without the player interference until the player casts "Control" wich would allow the player to choose the next movements of this summon for a few turns.

Is it possible to make this without scripts, and if not, do you guys know any script that would help me with this one?

INFO:
Rpg maker MV
Using just Yanfly engine core and battle core, so far.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, i'm not sure if i posted in the right section :kaomad2:

Is there a way to move it?
i'm such a noob

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Look at Actor or Class Traits and in the last tab ("Other) you want to go into the 'Special Flag' dropdown and pick 'Auto Battle'.

A way to do this w/o scripts is to inflict an invisible status effect with the 'Auto Battle' trait on the zombie instead, and then having the necromancer able to cast a spell that temporarily alleviates that status (reapplying it through event commands in the troop pages, but there are a variety of other ways you could do it if you're clever w/o ever needing custom scripts).

The auto-battle character will be "mindless" only as much as the enemy AI is mindless...which is pretty mindless, admittedly, but if it does have skills it will do its best (such that it is) to use effectively.

zubleiko

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"but if it does have skills it will do its best (such that it is) to use effectively." Precisely what i'm looking for.

I was sure that there was such an option, but i wasn't find it anywhere, i messed with rpgmk2k when a i was a kid, and a bit with VX, still getting the ropes on MV. Thank you so much.

You sir just kickstarted my project, i'll make sure to send you a copy if evertything goes alright.

Thanks

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just spent $174 on Shining the Holy Ark on the Saturn. Good lord.
My brain when designing quests:
There is piano, it needs help --> The organ (yes organ now) is missing a component! --> Where the heck am I supposed to put this missing piece!??! --> Add an entire new mini dungeon specifically created to house this new piece. --> Connect this brand new mini dungeon to an already designed dungeon with background information about the town it's found it.

Me: :LZYhuh:
Rising of the Shield Hero!
Sheesh, Guys, don't think you can throw easy prices like $25/$50 on potions/ethers then have monsters pay you $75 for killing them (never understood that concept btw lol) and think it'll all work out!!! Just realized my prcies vs payout left my players unable to get decent stuff without some serious farming from the start, i'm about to call H&R Block to help my MC get his stimulus check just to buy new armor :LZSlol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuichiro13