MindNode - A way to flow out ideas

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
So I found on the Apple Store a new app called MindNode. I like it so far and figured I'd share. Currently (Aug 27, 2016) it's also free as the app of the week. 

I started planning out my first town with it and figured it might help people, or at least those that have Apple devices. Here's what the result looks like!

image.png

I'm posting from my phone so I will have to spoiler-ify that image later. Done!

Anyway, the app is super easy to use, even on a phone. Hopefully it helps someone. Those that can, why not give it a whirl while it's free?

Last edited by a moderator:

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Death to Apple ! 

On a more serious note, branching like this is nice, but you can do that easily on a piece of paper too :D . The main advantage is to able to erase/rewrite I guess. But if it is restricted to Apple, on a less serious note, Death to Apple !

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I believe the app name was "MindNode". And yeah, it's really easy to pick up and good for organizing things in your brain. Thanks for sharing!

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
I believe the app name was "MindNode". And yeah, it's really easy to pick up and good for organizing things in your brain. Thanks for sharing!
Right you are... Will fix!

@Schlangan Such hate. Sheesh! I like it because I always have my phone on me, but don't always remember my ideas notebook.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That kind of flow is called Mind Maps. I've tried using some apps for that in the past, but I always go back to pen and paper for planning.
Android has some nice apps too. I remember I once found one that worked with the S-Pen from the galaxy note series and that was quite good.

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My HUMAN CENTiPAD already comes equipped with over 320 mind modes.  Why would I need more?  Get me an app that will teach it to read!

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
I used to do this but my lore got too convoluted I started using RP websites like Storium to properly record world building x-x)

UNphiltered_khaos

Game Dev. Artist.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
N/A
dayum...I was doing this in a notebook with plain white pages... So much easier on a device (that I don't own)...

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I found on the Apple Store a new app called MindNode. I like it so far and figured I'd share. Currently (Aug 27, 2016) it's also free as the app of the week. 

I started planning out my first town with it and figured it might help people, or at least those that have Apple devices. Here's what the result looks like!

Anyway, the app is super easy to use, even on a phone. Hopefully it helps someone. Those that can, why not give it a whirl while it's fr

You have DIAPortable.
To great jobs like thats.
Portable, and free

https://framakey.org/Portables/DIAPortable?from=Portables.PortableDIA

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I use twine for things like this.

twine.jpg

The thing is, all paid services are in my opinion a rip-off since you can find many problems that do the same thing for free. 

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
It's not a "paid service" (implying a subscription of some kind), and I got it for free. Just because many of you don't like it doesn't mean you should slam it.

I'm sorry for trying to be helpful and give people alternatives. Given the reaction here, I really actually am sorry for trying.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't have an iPhone but I found a good alternative for Android, it's called "SimpleMind Free mind mapping".

From what I saw it looks to be exactly the same thing and it's very useful to organize my thoughts, thanks for sharing.

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@taarna23, I actually found out about this program because of your thread. I personally find it very useful, and it's excellent timing, since I was looking for something like this to help me organize my work, and rm-related stuff.

Thanks a lot for bringing this to my attention, and while it's free too. I really appreciate it, even if some may not. :D

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@taarna23

Hey hey I´m sorry, I didn´t mean for you to take it personally, and I appreciate you trying to find tools to help with writing, something that is harder than most people think.

It is just that, many people already have tools they use or prefer paper and pen.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Canini And I'm sorry you assumed I meant it as a writing tool. Right tool for the job, and this is one to help people plan out ideas on the go... You'd think I suggested a flowchart be used to write the next bestselling novel or something.

Sigh.  :blink:

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Canini And I'm sorry you assumed I meant it as a writing tool. Right tool for the job, and this is one to help people plan out ideas on the go... You'd think I suggested a flowchart be used to write the next bestselling novel or something.

Sigh.  :blink:
Some people do use flow charts to write the next bestselling novel. It worked for JK Rowling... and she did it on napkins, post-its and index cards on a cork board. XD

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
It's not a "paid service" (implying a subscription of some kind), and I got it for free. Just because many of you don't like it doesn't mean you should slam it.

I'm sorry for trying to be helpful and give people alternatives. Given the reaction here, I really actually am sorry for trying.
Hey man, I'm sorry if one of my replies sounded like an attack or something. I wasn't particularly slamming the program but mostly, 'I used to use this but then things got really crazy it got hard to track of. So I had to use an alternative' I'm sorry you feel this way  :rswt:

Some people do use flow charts to write the next bestselling novel. It worked for JK Rowling... and she did it on napkins, post-its and index cards on a cork board. XD

Exactly! I used Flowcharts and mind maps to create plot too. I assumed the topic was also related to writing :D;;;

Even in Graphic Novels planning you do have to flowchart/mind map. Even in art we have mindboards!

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I absolutely see mindnode working if you do not already have a go-to app for this sort of thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The universe does not want me to do another letsplay it seems... I keep bumping into problem after problem... Oh well. Still have several days to sort them out.
I now have something new to learn. Lesson suggestions?
Finally with a new PC! Now I can do nice things both coding and gaming
nvidia release the IA paint to lsd landscape simulator
i just try , it very fun
"If the lion knew her own strength, hard were it for anyone to rule her". This would be my custom title if I had enough spaces for it. Coming off of personal pain, I'm glad I found the original quote I've tweaked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
negajo