shadow7396

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey has anyone ever made a minecraft type script? I'm making a game called WorldStruct and its kinda like minecraft, Terraria and Cube Life! Or if anyone knows of separate scripts that take care of the features in those games, id be happy with that too. I just need the following scripts:

- Mining Script
- Crafting/Blacksmith Script
- Item, Weapon and Armor Durability Script
- Real Time System Script
- Gui Menu Script
- Hostile Enemy Script (One where an event is programmed to come after player if
  he/she comes within a certain number of tiles from them.
I already have an item storage script so all i need are the ones listed above! Id appreciate the help!

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Most of these are already available.

Mining can be done with eventing, I'm sure.

But here's a good one here.

Crafting can be found here

Durability can be found here.

Real Time can be found here.

Not sure about GUI but I know SoulPour makes a lot of graphical plugins. Might want to follow him.

Yanfly has some utility plugins you might be interested in for chasing the player, found here.

Last edited by a moderator:

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
I don't think rgss player can support a game like minecraft, you will end up with major lag.

Mainly because rgss player can not support GPU.

You might want to try GG Maker or the new RMMV instead.

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/programs/gg-maker

- Mining Script
Can be done using eventing alone.

- Crafting/Blacksmith Script
You can find craft scripts in the master script list
- Item, Weapon and Armor Durability Script
You can find the durability and item related scripts in the master script list too
- Real Time System Script
You need to specify what do you mean by real time. The game is already running in real time so you are confusing people with that statement.
- Gui Menu Script
You can find craft GUI scripts in the master script list too, or you can post a fully detailed request of what you want, how you want it with a mock up picture to show how you want the GUI to be made. Someone might make it for you here in the request board. Or you can try commissioned script in the classified board.
- Hostile Enemy Script (One where an event is programmed to come after player if
You can find one in my script list, the link is in my signature.

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh. I'm an idiot. I just realized he's using Ace.

And I linked a bunch of MV Plugins. 

Sorry! I'll edit in some scripts I know of ASAP!

shadow7396

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
what is the difference between rmvxa and rmmv? they both do the same things

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
MV is run off of JavaScript and VXAce runs off of Ruby.

JavaScript is more widely known so I think MV can appeal to a larger audience.

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
RM is well known in the doujin market and game makers for its RTP.

Players who often play doujin games are bound to have the RTP installed.

So when we are building games using RM, we can share that RTP resources among all other games.

This means your game's download size is smaller than usual.

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages

The main difference between MV and the rest of RM versions is,

MV supports OpenGL®, this means it supports GPU and direct3D, but still.. the old fashioned way.

While the rest of RM versions doesn't support GPU by default unless you add custom scripts+dll to do so.

2nd difference is MV doesn't have the RTP (for now). So the file size reduction well known in the doujin market isn't there.

If you minus RTP from RM.. well.. MV isn't powerful enough compared to other non-RM game builders(eg, Unity or even GG Maker).

In GG Maker you get to build games outside of the JRPG format and with its built-in wysiwyg GUI maker. You can easily set up your game to look how you want without the need to beg for a script.

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/programs/gg-maker

As for Unity, you can build anything with that across multiple platforms. But the freedom comes with the complex UI, you will need some time to "learn" how to use it before you can start making a game.

So think twice before you choose your program.

3rd is like what Silently said, old RM versions uses, ruby (rgss/rgss2/rgss3) and MV uses Java.

Ruby is a well known language used in game making. Especially the console types. 

While Java is more tuned to mobile and net platform. MV is the 1st from RM series that supports iOS without the need of additional script conversion.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

…So I was looking at a question someone had asked and did some related experimentation. Apparently the Jump… movement route command works like the ultimate through. Including letting you move around outside the confines of the map entirely. o_O
Jump.png
Okay so today I heard the dumbest theory I have heard in a loooooooong while. It's so stupid I just have to share... Appearantly I have learned to draw 'hot chicks' so that 'real men' get physically excited by looking at it and I can then swoop in and 'turn' them.... Wow... Just... Amazing how some brains works...
What the writer wrote: "The curtain is blue."
The readers: "There must be a hidden meaning behind this, perhaps to convey the character emotions ...".
What the writer has in mind: "The curtain is frickin' blue".
Time to share something!
hmZFwQe.png

I made these a while ago for my game. I took reference from various huts in Africa.
Have a great night! :D
I really need to buy a new mouse. Mine's keeps double-clicking and makes me waste A LOT of time eventing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaudeSpeeds