Mini Map

eivl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ahh.. thank you for clarifying it for me. now that you say it is for pixel colors i do see it. 

TheWhiteRose000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Mini Map (ver 0.2.0)
Hajime Hoshi

Introduction

Do you remember you can see a mini map at a field in Final Fantasy 6? My plugin (HajimeHoshi_MiniMap.js) does the same thing.

Features

This plugin shows a mini map at a map that has <mini_map> meta data. The mini map is generated automatically from the map data on the fly.

Screenshots

The red point indicates the player's current position.

How to use

Download and install the plugin (see Script clause). Add <mini_map> to the note of the map where you want to show a mini map. That's it!

If you want to toggle/move/enlarge a mini map: a mini map is a kind of special picture, and you can manipulate a mini map in the same way as pictures! (The default ID is 90 and you can change this via the parameter). The difference between regular pictures and the mini map picture are:

* The mini map picture is shown at the initial state (and you can erase this anytime).

The mini map picture image is set automatically and you cannot change this. If the map doesn't have <mini_map> in its note, a transparent image is set.

* A current position (a red point) is shown on the map.

Demo

Here is the playable demo: http://tkoolmv.net/Games/hajimehoshi/mini_map_demo/

Script

https://github.com/hajimehoshi/rpgmmv/blob/master/HajimeHoshi_MiniMap.js

FAQ

Q. Is it possible to change colors, sizes, or positions?

A. Yes! Use picture commands for this.

Q. Can I add pins to the map?

A. I recommend you add pictures representing pins. The pin pictures' ID should be more than the mini map picture ID. I'm planning to add a feature for pins as plugin commands, but I cannot say when it finishes.

Q. Is this available for commercial use?

A. Yes. This plugin is licensed under Apache License 2.0.

History

2015-11-25T23:24+09:00: Bug fix: The mini map should draw a tile as walkable if the tile is passable at least in one direction.

2015-11-25T11:25+09:00: Bug fix: The red point was placed slightly wrongly.

2015-11-25T01:00+09:00: (Ver 0.2.0) Now a mini map has become a (special) picture!

2015-11-23T17:22+09:00: Bug fix: spirals should be treated as water.

2015-11-23T14:00+09:00: Bug fix: event test didn't work.

2015-11-22T16:57+09:00: Bug fix: a red point was present at the upper left corner of the screen.

2015-11-22T14:19+09:00: Changed the mini map size: the mini map size is automatically adjusted. Fixed some bugs (iceberg was treated as mountain, but should be treated as water).

2015-11-22T12:55+09:00: Swapped the color of the land and the mountain: Now the color is ordered according to its hight (mountains are higher than field, so mountains should be rendered in brighter color than field). This is the same way as FF7 or later.

Awwwww yeaaaaaaaa, I can't wait for this to get updated more, my game is looking even more kickass!

(the tileset we made was inspired by FF6, Can you tell? xD)

Fantasy Hero

The Fantasy Hero
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How can I change the location of it???

Reaction score
First Language
English

Mini Map (ver 0.2.0)

Hajime Hoshi

Introduction

Do you remember you can see a mini map at a field in Final Fantasy 6? My plugin (HajimeHoshi_MiniMap.js) does the same thing.

Features

This plugin shows a mini map at a map that has <mini_map> meta data. The mini map is generated automatically from the map data on the fly.

Screenshots

The red point indicates the player's current position.

How to use

Download and install the plugin (see Script clause). Add <mini_map> to the note of the map where you want to show a mini map. That's it!

If you want to toggle/move/enlarge a mini map: a mini map is a kind of special picture, and you can manipulate a mini map in the same way as pictures! (The default ID is 90 and you can change this via the parameter). The difference between regular pictures and the mini map picture are:

* The mini map picture is shown at the initial state (and you can erase this anytime).

The mini map picture image is set automatically and you cannot change this. If the map doesn't have <mini_map> in its note, a transparent image is set.

* A current position (a red point) is shown on the map.

Demo

Here is the playable demo: http://tkoolmv.net/Games/hajimehoshi/mini_map_demo/

Script

https://github.com/hajimehoshi/rpgmmv/blob/master/HajimeHoshi_MiniMap.js

FAQ

Q. Is it possible to change colors, sizes, or positions?

A. Yes! Use picture commands for this.

Q. Can I add pins to the map?

A. I recommend you add pictures representing pins. The pin pictures' ID should be more than the mini map picture ID. I'm planning to add a feature for pins as plugin commands, but I cannot say when it finishes.

Q. Is this available for commercial use?

A. Yes. This plugin is licensed under Apache License 2.0.

History

2015-11-25T23:24+09:00: Bug fix: The mini map should draw a tile as walkable if the tile is passable at least in one direction.

2015-11-25T11:25+09:00: Bug fix: The red point was placed slightly wrongly.

2015-11-25T01:00+09:00: (Ver 0.2.0) Now a mini map has become a (special) picture!

2015-11-23T17:22+09:00: Bug fix: spirals should be treated as water.

2015-11-23T14:00+09:00: Bug fix: event test didn't work.

2015-11-22T16:57+09:00: Bug fix: a red point was present at the upper left corner of the screen.

2015-11-22T14:19+09:00: Changed the mini map size: the mini map size is automatically adjusted. Fixed some bugs (iceberg was treated as mountain, but should be treated as water).

2015-11-22T12:55+09:00: Swapped the color of the land and the mountain: Now the color is ordered according to its hight (mountains are higher than field, so mountains should be rendered in brighter color than field). This is the same way as FF7 or later.
How can I make it so a minimap will only appear once you obtain Kaede's ring (a key item)?

hajimehoshi

メンバー
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
How can I make it so a minimap will only appear once you obtain Kaede's ring (a key item)?
Oops, sorry for the very very delayed reply.

The minimap is just a picture, whose ID is 90 by default. Just treat this as picture (hide it at start and show it after you obtain the key item).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

As for the Coronavirus? Well: "People that spend their life avoiding death are already dead (they're also rich, and I like to spend my life with their money.)"
- R. Sanchez, "Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Repeat"
making pierogi and corrupting my game files wbu
Trying to regain my will to work on maps T_T
I miss working in rpgmaker but I can only do one thing at a time. Maybe after drawing lessons I can come back.
Ever have a day like... you play minesweeper and your very first click is always a mine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vulgourso