Joseph Cyronder

help me how do i do this?
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, I was trying to do some new things in RPG Maker MV, and I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I'm trying to add more interesting interactions for the player to experience in the overworld, but I'm still pretty new and was wondering if you guys had some advice.

My first idea was a "button mashing" minigame. When walking up to a treasure chest, it turns out that the chest is actually a mimic and will bite the player. The player then has to mash the keyboard to get the mimic off. Obviously, if the player doesn't push the button fast enough, the event ends and the player takes a bit of damage.

Another idea was that the player has to swing on a vine over a spike trap. I was thinking of having an indicator where the player has to push the Z key at the right time to swing over or else they'll fall and take some damage.

So those are my 2 ideas. I was wondering if anyone had tips on implementing these into the game. I'm really bad at programming, so I was hoping I could get some help. Also, I'm even worse at finding good plug-ins, so if anyone has a plug-in they use that makes this easier, please let me know.

Thanks guys for your help!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hello, my nickname is Rigomor, but I am also known as Mopsikus. I work on RPG Maker games, and are currently working on a game called Peony of War.
If the world treats you like an enemy... Then the world must be your enemy...
What started as 1 RPG in development on the Nintendo DS, turned into 4 RPGs in development (1 on VX and 3 on VX Ace). Wish me luck.
Last monday Hawkzombie played ATV.

Here are the videos:

Yes, I'm alive. No the semester didn't kill me. Though there are days I feel like I am dead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tc633