Minimum Damage YEP DamageCore

Zanoth

Noob
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I feel like an idiot because I've been stuck for an entire day trying to make the minimum damage for any/all attacks be 1 instead of 0. I have Yanfly's damage Core plugin, i see that the last line has SOMETHING to do with minimum damage, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

I've done some searching today and only came up with a solution of "use a plugin or edit rpg_objects.js". I HAVE a plugin that could change it, i think. And when i attempted to edit the .js file, nothing happened (likely due to the plugin Damage Core overriding it).

I'm pretty new to programming in general and have only put like 70hrs into tinkering with RPG Maker, so i'd appreciate it if any solutions provided are clear on where certain things should go.

Last edited:

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there I use Link to make this happen. It should work for what you want. Just make sure it's under all the yanfly plugins.

Zanoth

Noob
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much, this worked! :D

However, if anyone can tell me how to use YEP_DamageCore to set min damage to 1, that'd also be appreciated. I also wanted to take this opportunity to learn more, and the less non-yanfly plugins i use, the less likely i'll come into plugin conflict problems.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy it worked I recently searched for the same thing and came up with no way of using yanflys plugins directly without a rewrite or addon. That plugin I linked to you is pretty small maybe you could take a look at its code and see how to make adjustments to yanflys.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, just add this in the last line of YEP Damage Core:
Code:
if (value <= 1) {value =1};

Zanoth

Noob
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you TSR, that did the trick!
Edit: Actually, it seems to make potions deal damage.

Last edited:

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: Actually, it seems to make potions deal damage.
Yeah... didn't think of that. This should work:
Code:
if (value === 0) {value = 1};

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?
I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonylogan