Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 ​
Not all miracles are good. 』
 ​
Synopsis: You play as Nicholas, a guy who had an accident two years ago and lost part of his memory. Because of this you have no friends, no clear objective in life and have gotten behind in what academic matters refers.

The school has deemed necessary (mandatory) for you to attend an eight days seminar in an island located somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean.

Here you will meet five other 'rehabs' who will take part of many activities you will have to perform. But strange things begin to happen...

What you thought it would be eight boring days will become your worst nightmare. Is the island haunted? Is someone else out there besides us? Is there a reason we're here? So many questions to be answered.

Depends on you and your mates to survive in this mysterious place.

​
 ​
Engine: RM VX Ace

Genre: Adventure, Visual Novel, Mystery.
Playtime: ~105 minutes (DEMO)
Rated: T
Game by: Kyuukon (Akumu Games)

Download: DEMO v2.1

Link | Mirror

Screenshots:

Characters:

Amber:

- Description: She doesn't like people. Her antisocial and cold behaviour makes it difficult for others to approach her. However, she seems to like nature, especially little animals.

Cynthia:

- Description: Daughter of the president of the renowned SETON Corporation. Due to this, she lives a life of comfort and luxury. Well mannered girl but somewhat naive.

Janet:

- Description: Energetic athletic girl. She is positive and friendly towards anyone but with a little bit of temper issues.

Franco:

- Description: Known as troublemaker and young villain in his school. When not participating in gang fights, he works at his father's family restaurant.

Sebastian:

- Description: Genius boy with 167 IQ points. Despite his age, he won the 2014 International Mathematical Olympiads. He is very fond of science and has an arrogant behaviour when it comes to mundane stuff.

Valerie:

- Description: The person in charge of the seminar. She decides the chores the group will have to perform. Luckily for them, she is very forgiving and caring. She is also a well known scientist in the Quantum physics field.

Nicholas:

- Description: The protagonist. Easy going guy that due to an accident lost part of his memories. He spends most of his time reading manga and playing video-games (which is plenty).
Credits & Thanks
:
  • Story & Eventing: Kyuukon.
  • Revision: thejesse081.
  • Scripting: Kyuukon, Zeus81, modern algebra (from RMK), cozziekuns, MOG Hunter, Falcao, V.M of D.T, Yanfly, Estriole, Tsukihime, CP, Woratana, Jet, TheoAllen, RPG Maker Source, Acezon, Enterbrain.
  • Graphics: Kyuukon, BlackRoseMii, hiddenone, Ayene, Celianna, Horrow, Lunarea, Qtpi, Pandamaru, Hanzo, gen8 (Chibi Maker), Loose Leaf, Hirei (Logo), Avery, PSDgraphics, Enterbrain.
  • Music & Sound: Aaron Krogh, DaveyBriteRPG, Soundimage.org, SoundBible.com, FreeSound.org, freeSFX.co.uk, Enterbrain.

Developer Notes:

- Improve GPS World Map system to work with directional keys too. (???)
- Menu weird lag.
- Add more Collectibles.

Keep in mind that this game focuses on character and story development so don't expect blood popping out of nowhere or jump scares the moment you start playing (please, logic). This is a slow game, not as slow as a full visual novel but still. Sadly, I can't show much in the DEMO
This is an introduction to the island and the characters that opens the curtain for the gruesome events that will take place later.

I'd love to hear some feedback from you guys! This is my first game using this engine. Thank you :) !

> PLEASE, USE SPOILERS! <
Want to support this project? Put this BBCode in your signature:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ikari

Noir Spiral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ahhh yes, Nichijou Nicholas-kun and the rehabs. 

The demo was really good, loved the aesthetics of the game and the characters. Keep up the good work.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've tried your demo, 20 minutes (says the timer in the save) but much longer in real time because it was so slow on my computer :(

I'm writing my notes as I play.

The cursor is a little too generic (a standard arrow cursor...) it could be more interesting.

Music volume was a little too loud for me, but I'm sensitive to this.

I like the effect when you start a new game, but somehow it makes the game very slow. I have an old computer, all right, but I'm only getting 6-7 fps!
I don't know what's going in the background, but I think this is just a picture with a rotate. If it's like that, it shouldn't lag that much. Strange.

"The nostalgic yet unfamiliar taste of iron echoes in my brain" ?
How can I feel nostalgic about something I'm unfamiliar with?
How can a taste be echoing? Unless the meaning is slightly different in English, I don't know.

A typo:
"Hopeleness" is missing a couple S.

"17 years' old" doesn't require the '.

Nicholas doesn't know his age, why not.
If the game is set in medieval times, birthdates may not be accurate.
But the game is set in 2015?
It's easy for doctors to tell the age of someone, just by analysing the bone density for example.

At last, when the picture of the island is shown can I get a decent fps number. (28, but that's fine on my old computer)

So far, I've been reading and reading walls of text.
Maybe you could make it more interesting by showing some everyday scenes in the background while the text is displayed?

Remark about the second rule:
Actually, peasants do use electronic devices a lot!
You'd be amazed at what equipment you can find in a modern tractor ;)

Sleep, meal times... this can be told in a notice board. Again, a wall of text that could be avoided.

I don't know if it's the film grain effect (although it shouldn't) but even this small map is laggy. Back to 8 fps :(

Using the journal via the inventory (Pocket) makes the game stall, then I'm back to the game with a buzzer sound.
But using it directly in the menu allows to save.

Mouse is used for what, exactly? I can't move with it, so what's the point?

Looking at the "inventory list" on my desk: Nicholas says "thanks mom".
Mom? He barely remembered his parents' faces, so I thought he didn't get to see them again.
Who's this "mom"?

I like your effect of having the door open when you go ourside of your room! But it seems a little offset from the actual position of the door.

Oh gosh, it's laggy!

How old is Cynthia to still carry a teddy bear with her everywhere?

The chibi facesets are cute!

I can't run and the game is so slow... Why disable running and speeding up text display?

Passability:
If I walk up from under the spiral staircase, I can walk on the central pillar and have my head out of the roof.

Got on the world map, where I'm supposed to choose my destination... but can't move. I'm stuck here, so I ended my playthrough.
Edit: I hope I'm not sounding too negative, but having a slow game, where you can't run or speed the text is not really enticing.

It's surely better on a modern computer.

Also, I've written mostly about the "bad" things, because I don't have much to say about the rest of the game, being stuck on the world map at the beginning of the game prevents me from telling you more about the story or characters.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cabfe: Thanks for the feedback! Here is my reply to some of it:

1. The cursor 'issue' should be addressed in later versions. I don't like it for map scenes either xD However, it was mainly intended for the world map and look at it as if it were a GPS.

2. I tested it on a Core2Duo and went through some lagging issues. After updating to i5 everything is fixed. But I understand it can be a bit laggy for old processors as the game uses lots of overlays/map effects. Sorry!

How can I feel nostalgic about something I'm unfamiliar with?
You'll have to go deeper in the game xD It should make sense once everything is revealed.

4. Thanks for pointing out the typos. I'll get them fixed.

Nicholas doesn't know his age, why not.

If the game is set in medieval times, birthdates may not be accurate.

But the game is set in 2015?

It's easy for doctors to tell the age of someone, just by analysing the bone density for example.
He woke up and was told how old he was. He doesn't have any memories of past birthdays. That's how I saw it but yee, it's kinda a flawed logic. I'll see if I can come up with something better to bring up the accident stuff.

So far, I've been reading and reading walls of text.

Maybe you could make it more interesting by showing some everyday scenes in the background while the text is displayed?
I don't like the idea of adding too much backgrounds/transitions. And I know it can get a bit dull at times, specially at the beginning. But that's something I gotta go through. That's why the humour, to make it go smoother. But the whole idea of the game is to experience everything from the Nicholas' view point. So expect it to have tons of 'analytical' thoughts that maybe could be seen as unnecessary wall of text. If you don't like it, maybe this is not your kind of game.

Actually, peasants do use electronic devices a lot!

You'd be amazed at what equipment you can find in a modern tractor ;)
You make a good point. Tell Nicholas that! You will notice he isn't very knowledgeable about stuff.

Using the journal via the inventory (Pocket) makes the game stall, then I'm back to the game with a buzzer sound.

But using it directly in the menu allows to save.
I'll look into that. Thanks!

Mouse is used for what, exactly? I can't move with it, so what's the point?
Mainly for moving in the world map and then for skipping text and navigate through the menu with ease. Originally I planned to make it work only for the world map but run into a few issues so I decided to show it there, in other scenes, even if it's kinda 'pointless'.

Looking at the "inventory list" on my desk: Nicholas says "thanks mom".

Mom? He barely remembered his parents' faces, so I thought he didn't get to see them again.

Who's this "mom"?
He did, but he just couldn't remember that well. Indeed, he doesn't have much affection for them as they do. But 'mom' does everything for him while he plays video-games and stuff xD! He is kinda useless.

I like your effect of having the door open when you go ourside of your room! But it seems a little offset from the actual position of the door.
It is, sadly. I doubt I can fix that using an easy way for now.

11. Cynthia is 15 if I'm not mistaken. I'll update the post with basic info about the characters. Nicholas is supposed to review them all in the bath time (which happens subsequently after the events of the DEMO :/ ).

I can't run and the game is so slow... Why disable running and speeding up text display?
I don't like the player skipping text they didn't read, specially in this kind of game (I planned on activating it on gameplay++) but I understand it can be a bit frustrating at times (I'll think about activating it for a special playtest DEMO, so you don't have to go over again). I also don't like the player holding the SHIFT button all the time so I decided to balance the speed but I'll see if I can do something about it cuz I received a few complains about that.

Got on the world map, where I'm supposed to choose my destination... but can't move. I'm stuck here, so I ended my playthrough.
You have to choose destination using the mouse ;) Maybe I should explain that or find a way to make movement by keyboard available. That's something I, as a developer, didn't see. Interesting...

Again, thank you for your feedback, cabfe! I know I gotta a bunch to learn/improve.

I'll address the passability issues. ****, I knew this would happen.

Remember guys: You have to use the mouse in order to move in the world map!

Edit: I just uploaded a new DEMO with most of the issues you pointed out fixed. I activated the Skip Text function however I'm not fully convinced. I mean, if you want to skip all the text might as well not play it... About the Dash I'll put it like this: You want me to reduce the player move speed and turn it on or balance the speed and remove it all together? I chose for the later. I'll see if I can find a more efficient solution to this.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So the mouse is used to move only on the world map?
It'd be better to allow movement on maps/worldmap with both controllers. Or you can just put a hint to say that the mouse is to be used, because I threw it away seeing it was useless :D .
I'd prefer using both controllers as it would make more sense. Or completely disable the mouse and move on the worldmap with the keyboard only. Changing the controller is counter-intuitive.

I'll go back exploring the island!

Edit as I continued and finished the demo:

Continuing with my notes, adding some thoughts that came after I first posted:

Outside the cabin, south passage:
The arrows are covered by the trees. They'd better be on the ground between those trees, more visible.

What's the meaning of the green ball above my head? It's explained nowhere. Is it just to say that I can move?

It wasn't clear that Franco was an adult, I only understood it during the breakfast (calling him Sir).
Neither the sprite nor the faceset shows an older-than-me man.

During the dialogue with Sebastian (giving him his sandwich) and with Franco on the beach, their head (faceset) is slightly cut on the left, it's too far on the left while there is still space on the right to offset both the faceset and the dialogue box.
Added: Same with Amber at the tree.

Oops, got a potential game breaking bug:
I went to the beach *after* having talked to Franco and Cynthia. Couldn't go back to the world map...
and still couldn't pass the text when I reloaded, so I ended up pressing enter to go as fast as possible and it happened: I selected a choice I didn't want...
Had to reload again ;_;

Janet:
If I walk and keep going on the left, the sequence is not triggered and I can see that I'm on the same map as with Cynthia. Given the size of the island, I guess it's not a bug but I'm mentioning anyway. At least, the cutscene is not broken when coming from the right.
Dialogue: the text box for "I'm not a little girl!" is not centered on Nicholas. Same for "What? Are you gonna hit me again?"+"What is it then?"+"Stop picking on me!"

"Though it's true that I had I become(...)"-> extra I.

Pirate Shipwreck:
I think this ship is a rip from a commercial game. Have a look at this post. Just wanted to let you know.
(and Franco's head is cut on the left here too)

"more than a few decades"(that this ship is here): Sure, not many pirates are using sailing ships in 2015!

Franco throws a ball:
Franco says "Cindy" instead of "Cynthia" before kissing her. Is that a diminutive or a bug?

Looking for the post at night:
The characters stop at each sentence (but still move like Stepping Anim is ON), breaking the movement flow.I was with Janet, if it helps.

Actually looking for it:
It's even slower than before... And no saves allowed. Except if this time you use the journal via the Pocket (I think it's a matter of a switch in the wrong position, as it worked in the opposite way when I could save normally)

A cute puppy sprite, but a scary battler!

The arrow up north is a little difficult to find.

Cavern entrance:
When on the sides, the cavern entrance is shown above my character's sprite.

I wonder if the game is taking the road of a horror game or if it's just for this night.

The fate of Sebastian being unknown at this point, it could be anything (even comical is possible!)

General Notes:

It's strange to have everyone having a faceset but the main protagonist.

The absence of a quest log could make it difficult for players who don't play for a long time straight. Just a reminder of what to do next would be enough.

The film grain effect: I'm not a fan. I don't think it adds anything to the game, except making it look less good than it is.

As we are both making adventure games with RPG Maker, it was very interesting to see how you handled it.
You used other ways of doing it and it's good (a copy/paste, even unintentional, would have been boring).
I especially liked the way you did the transitions between rooms in the cabin!
And the spiral staircase was well done, maybe just a little long (maybe only because my computer is slow).
But I don't understand why it lags so much, since there doesn't seem to be a lighting script active.

The story may be nice, but as I said I don't know in which direction it's going.

But it was good enough to have kept me interested during play and wanting to get to know more after the demo, so I guess it worked :)

Favorite character: Janet

She looks like the most balanced and friendly, without being a child like Cynthia (who is cute, but I'd love her more like a little sister).

The technical part of the game is sadly impacting the overall experience and enjoyement.

I want to know more of the story, but I won't be playing several hours at 8 fps (and even 4 during the night!).

I continued only because I knew it was a short demo. Some people might not even bother playing the first ten minutes.

Try to find something to help gain speed as I'm surely not the last to say this to you.

Even my demo, who wasn't that laggy but still has one place with low fps, got me a few remarks about the drop in framerate. I'm glad it wasn't the entire game or people would have quit earlier ;)

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! Too bad about the lag issues. It runs fine on modern computers but the way I evented/scripted it out raised the minimum requirements of RMaker by a lot T.T

I'll address the issues you pointed and more in future updates (like proper location of message boxes). If anyone is interested in my reply to cabfe's review, here it is:

- I forgot to explain what that ball above the player means. I'll add it in the next update. It's basically a stress/anxiety indicator. It will change colours depending the situation and allow/disable certain functions. For example: Write on Journal. Also it lets you know where the player is if you go behind trees.

- Franco is not an adult xD. They are all highschool students. Nicholas said that because... well... he is a weakling xD

- I just noticed the beach map bug. I forgot to Fade In >.<. It's already solved in the new DEMO. Also, you can skip text now; in case you want to replay it to see additional scenes (Rock: Amber, Paper: Cynthia, Scissors: Janet)

- The sequence only activates when you step near their area of the '!'. I decided to postpone the whole message boxes positioning fix for later. And don't use much logic with Franco and Nicholas. They are both dumb xD. Too bad to hear about that shipwreck :( Couldn't find any other better.

- Cindy is how Franco calls Cynthia. Diminutive.

- Journal bug fixed. And, in the middle of the night, of course you're going to be walking slow :p The map isn't that big anyway.

- The Sebastian/Franco scene was a comical one. It's more mystery than horror but the first and second day are to familiarize with the characters. Not much will happen. But eventually things turn for the worse. I don't think rushing things is the ideal way to proceed with these kind of games. I wish I could've shown more but it takes lots of time as you might already know xD

- The noise effect has a logical explanaition. But I can't give you more details without it being spoiler xD

- I can understand you being frustrated by the lag T.T I should maybe clarify that the requirements are higher than your average RMaker game. It uses lots of layers and sound/distance parallel processes (like the stepping one/follower). The game works perfect on my new PC but had a some lag issues with my Core2Duo, 2 GB RAM old one. Hope you can upgrade your PC soon so you can fully enjoy if I ever get to finish it. Nevertheless you're correct and I should try to improve it.

- You cannot see where this is going. P-Perfect! I wouldn't want you knowing. This is a mystery kinda game. How can some gruesome events take place after all that? You'll have to see :)

Looking for the post at night:
The characters stop at each sentence (but still move like Stepping Anim is ON), breaking the movement flow.
This is a bug that I'll have to look into. It happens when you save and load the game before reaching that scene. As of now I have to find a clear fix to it :/

Found an easy fix to it :) I just have to implement it.

Done. Just hoping I didn't break anything T.T

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Characters information added!

I'm working on the next improved version of the DEMO. It should run smoother and all :3 In the meantime, any feedback is really appreciated :D !

Edit: Removed rating poll. I came to the conclusion it's pretty lame to rate so little and unpolished content. It will have to wait for when the game is completed :D

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Uploaded new DEMO 1.2 (RTP required)! Make sure you are on the latest one. Saves from older versions will not work!

Here are some notes of what's new:

- Noticeable overall performance improvement.

- The wall-clock now displays time!

- Dialog flows smoother.

- Minor bug fixes.

- Added more interact-able stuff!

- Resolution reduced and ToC zoom removed.
What's to come in the next updates:

- More mini-events!

- More SE and pictures!

- More bug fixes!

- You will see what Nicholas thinks in real time (no need for stop movement to comment about the weather)!

- Up to day 2 in the island! What kind of new activities our rehabs will have to face?
I'm really having fun making this game. Though at times it seems a little bit overwhelming :/ But I will keep at it!

Dark_Metamorphosis

What a horrible night to have a curse.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Downloading this to write a review! I'll edit this post later on :)

So here's my review of the game:

Review of Miraculo Island:

Miraculo Island
 ​
Notable Information:
 ​
- The review is for a demo version.
-  My playtime is around 1 hour.
 ​

Today I take a look at Miraculo Island made by developer: Kyuukon, an adventure/mystery game set on an island with the same name as the game's title.

You play as seventeen year old Nicholas, who was involved in a terrible accident 2 years ago, where he lost parts of his memory. After waking up from a coma, the society has decided to send Nicholas on a rehab program with five other participants. The program in question will take place on the Miraculo Island, an unpopulated island located somewhere in the midst of the atlantic ocean.

The program, and the remote island is supposed to work as a tool for the patient, in which will help them back into becoming a resource for the society. But strange things begin to happen, and the island seems to have different plans in motion...

Story: 2/5

So going in, I found the premise of the game very promising. As a big fan of Lost (except the ending) I found that it might be a fun and unique twist on the idea, and it caught my interest enough for me to review it. The game starts off very atmospheric with the intro hinting towards an event filled with chaos, hopelessness and fear. You then wake up in a bed as the protagonist Nicholas, and the game instanly starts to grind my gears with walls of text of the backstory of Nicholas. It's a perfect example of show don't tell, and its a concept that more or less makes me fall asleep. Scrolling trough tons of text with a static picture in the background is not really that interesting, and could be presented in a much better way. Build his backstory into the actual story and gameplay and have the player discover these things inside the actual game instead, with interractions, or through dialouge or maybe even an old journal. 

The game starts off extremely slow, and I'm not really a big fan of games that serves no goal or purporse for the first 30-60 minutes of gameplay. There seems to be no goal or plot here more than establishing a connection with the rest of the patients. Which is fine on its own, but without a certain line to follow I always find the tasks to be pointless. What's the reason for me to walk around the island and talk to the other patients and deliver them lunch? The game seems to follow no particular structure and just throws you out doing various random tasks for no particular reason. What drives the plot forward, and what mystery lies ahead? I understand that the developer wants to establish the characters and build it up, but there's not a single hint on what lies ahead throughout the entire demo. It breaks the immersion a bit, and you sort of ask yourself if this really is an adventure/mystery game you are playing.

Gameplay: 2/5

There's not much of any gameplay at all for the first 30 minutes of the demo, you walk to the map - watch a cutscene, - rinse and repeat. I understand that you are sort of going for a visual novel, but for a visual novel to work as a GAME, you will need to establish some sort of gameplay in between as well. Have the player interact with the patients in some other means than just a cutscene, maybe even let the player join in on the 'treasure hunting' with Franco, or add some sort of mini-game that revolves around the event in question. Add in some gameplay, in which the player can control the events by themselves instead of dialouge only. 

Once you finally get some gameplay through battles, it lacks a ton there too. You have one character that you can control without any sort of skills. And by skills I don't mean fire, lightning or whatever but you could fit in some skills for the time period and the feel of the game. The battles just seem unnecessary in its current state, and could just be taken out all together.

I feel like the exploring could have a work too, the maps seems pretty empty and It's annoying to go around finding nothing when the characters move so slow. 

Characters: 4/5

Now this is something that the game has put a lot of effort into, and I found the characters very alive. I didn't have to play long before I found an interest in most of the characters, they made me laugh, left me wanting to know more about them, and I thoroughly found them to be very well executed. They grasped my curiosity instantly, and made me feel all sorts of things. 

Cynthia with her adorable cuteness, and her sense of spacing out randomly.

Amber with her cold hand, and get out of my way attitude. The cutscene where Nicholas is deciding to make up with her made me laugh to tears. It sets out her personality in such a wonderful way.

Franco, as the troublemaker calling people of his own age as brats and flipping out on more occasions that you can count, throwing balls into the face of girls and blaming it on someone else.

The list can go on, and that a long with very effective cutscenes made me absorb the entire world, and the characters felt very compatibale with it.

Mapping/Aesthetics: 3/5

The game looks really good, and the functions of the maps works really well too. It's noticable that the developer has put a lot of time into the maps, and the parallaxing is very delightful to the eyes. But the score drops for me since I feel like it goes overboard from time to time. I have no clue what purporse the blurry effect serves at all, and most of the maps are filled with unnecessary layers that doesn't just make it feel a bit overboard but also have a big impact on the overall performance of the game (many maps reduced my fps to 20-30 fps).

Having strong light effects, mists, tree shadows, leaves in the wind, tints, several layers on one single map seems a bit overkill for me ESPECIALLY when it has a big impact on the rest of the performance of the game. Make it work, or tone it down a bit is all I'm saying.

Overall the game looks very nice though. 

Music and sound: 4/5

Music and sound is very well established, and it serves as a very effective tool for the game. All of the music fits absolutely wonderful with the cutscenes and the atmosphere of the game, and it makes everything you see shine through in a remarkable way. Just like music is supposed to work in combination with the rest of the game. There's also a really nice sense of details, with different sound effects depending on what material you are walking on (roads, grass etc). And the sound effects are all very suitable. 

Summary:

Miraculo Island is a game with some unpleasing flaws, but also shows a great deal of potential in a lot of areas. The game has tons of great moments, and the overall story is very intruiging. The world feels alive, and the characters makes sense. With some polishing I feel like the game could be much more than what it currently is, but the potential is certainly there. It's also an amazing first project, and I'm looking forward to pick it up again.

​
 ​
 ​
Final Verdict
3/5
 ​
 ​
 ​
Also! Just a funny random observation! 7th June is my birthday! The same date as the game starts.
Okay... maybe not a funny observation.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry about this post "-.-

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Major update: DEMO 2.0 is out!

Here are the patchnotes of what's new:

- DAY 2 is out (as intended for the DEMO)! What kind of new activities our rehabs will have to face? Next update should be full game. When? I don't even know :(

- Improved performance.

- Minor bug fixes.

- More mini-events! Will you be able to beat the Beast of the Wild and reclaim its reward? It's not that easy so make use of your new skills and items!

- Added pictures to give a more visual novel like vibe (go ahead and inspect the Cave and the old photo :D ).

- Improved some maps. Basement remodeled and animated waves!

- Thoughts on movement feature added. You will see what Nicholas thinks in real time (no need for stop movement to comment about the weather)!

- More stylish green orb over head and mouse cursor and some other minor stuff...

- System options from Menu.
Please, I ask for all the feedback possible (and bugs :p ). The game should be more appealing with day 2 over :3 With this I set the stage for the following gruesome events that will take place in the island. It will take time for the completion of it, sadly :( But I'll not give up as long as I'm alive!

For those who already played a previous version of the DEMO and don't want to go over from the beginning I attached three save files to this post (depending on who you had to pair up, Hopefully, they work fine xD) but it's highly advisable to play from the beginning to see the new changes (dialog flows smoother than before, you can even skip now!).

Thanks and enjoy (sorry about the size, too many sounds)!

Saves.rar

Attachments

abe109

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
REVIEW:

Characters 10/10

Plot 10/10

Dialogue 10/10

Scenery: 10/10

Suggestions:

I got stuck on the map screen, when you get out of the house to find the girls-- please fix

Make access points including doors and stairs more visible

total overall 100/100 I would pay money for this once its finished.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
o_O that's very generous! Haha. Thanks!

Suggestions:

I got stuck on the map screen, when you get out of the house to find the girls-- please fix

Make access points including doors and stairs more visible
I'm not sure what you mean by that, could you post a screenshot if you can? If you are referring to the World Map you need to use the mouse and click to select your destination.

abe109

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
At that point if the player cant use the arrow keys on his keyboards he will most likely stop playing and dump the game.

abe109

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
One last request... could you add more easter eggs? cutscenes, events that are not really part of the main storyline?

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
At that point if the player cant use the arrow keys on his keyboards he will most likely stop playing and dump the game.
I'll solve this issue in future updates. I didn't know many players use controller so this might indeed annoy them T.T

One last request... could you add more easter eggs? cutscenes, events that are not really part of the main storyline?
That's a good idea! There are a few. In the ToC activity there is this tomb in the right edge of the map and this muddy stuff. Characters will react differently.

In the second day morning if you go to the bathroom... well, I don't want to spoil. But you're right, adding a few of those would make exploration more rewarding! I still want to implement more Collectibles accross the island too (aka Trasure Hunting).

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now on,

Not many people are into these kind of games :p

QQ: Agh, so much work... I gotta work on the story/dialog Word script before start eventing into the engine again -_- But I sooo wanna finish this xD! It's gonna take a while :(

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sebastian Wins ^^

Not only cause of Maniac Mansion and all other good Movies like Coneheads are Nerds always the Coolest Chars and mostly the Once that

Survive or making things easier ,Solveing things with there super Knowledge and Stuff. (Yeah they got some different Weaknesses and or struggles to overcome...)

The Green Hair isnt the best Choice in my Opinion, but its ok maybe darker.

Edit:

If this Game ends up in some kind of "Higurashi" (Strange Anime only as Game this Time^^).

Than all the chars are very well made especially the Facesets. Well chosen.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If this Game ends up in some kind of "Higurashi" (Strange Anime only as Game this Time^^).

Than all the chars are very well made especially the Facesets. Well chosen.
That's the idea ^^ but I'm mostly inspired by the Infinity series games (Never7, Ever17, Remember11...). Thanks for checking it out :) !

Oh btw, Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni was initially a visual novel!

Pretty funny how everyone likes different characters. Check the poll here: http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/29897-miraculo-island-demo/

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
DEMO updated and great news!

Thanks to Deathspark's LP I was able to correct multiple grammar mistakes (sorry for that). Also, the talented BlackRoseMii joined the project as CG artist (she also did some sprite work for the next days in the island)! Here is some sample of her work that is already implemented in the latest build:

Valerie doesn't "look like a pancake" no more (not my words xD)!

I'm really grateful for this community. Thank you, guys! I hope I can finish this project and move on onto bigger things :D !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I should finish the cat video I'm editing and finish the indesign stuff. So far only 1 is done and 4 to go
Made a video showcasing 56 plugins I've installed and used in the first 5 minutes of my game. (No battle related plugins involved.) :LZScheeze:

being able to transition music seamlessly is amazing. my main character's theme has lyrics and it goes from vocal version to istrumental when he leaves his room. and vice versa. and thanks to a plugin, the transition is seamless. I love it.
All of the auditions for our game are so good, I'm so glad I'm not in charge of choosing completely. lol I just can't with some of them. I listen to them on repeat. XD
Working on a Patch to integrate AlphaABS into random generated Dungeons. Was a bit tricky, but the outcome is a real Life Changer!!

Will release it the next days!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aria347