Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm... let's see if I can come up with something to bump the thread.

The game got a spotlight on the RMRK website: http://www.crankeye.com/ Make sure to check out this cool community!

Also, I updated the DEMO with a few minor fixes (mostly grammar). Title screen is prettier now :D !

I'm thinking about reducing the font size (dialog messages only) for the next update. We'll have to see.

Guys, I did mention before that I'm looking for some more Collectibles I can add to the game. So here is what I'm gonna do: PM or post here your idea! Here is the template:

Item: <Name>

Notes: Something small that fits with the atmosphere of the game (no Eden's Apple or stuff like that, please :3). For the icon, I'll most likely use one of the many awesome Avery's Icon Workshop provides.

Description: <Description>

Notes: Short description of said item. You can include references to your game or person (even you!). Whatever you like.

If I like it enough, your item might be included into the final version of the game! Don't be shy. This is your chance to make history (well... not really but hey!)!

Let's see what you guys can come up with B)

Last edited by a moderator:

literarygoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh oh! I LOVE collectibles!!! ^-^

When will you have a demo or playable content? :< I really want to try, review, and come up with come collectibles that fit your games' theme.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it very hard to spot the link in the main post xD? There is a playable DEMO already up :D (already made the text bigger just in case haha).

I'd love to hear your thoughts :3!

Edit: I just discovered a few awkward bugs -.-" Hopefully, I'll have them fixed by tomorrow -.-"

DEMO 2.1 is up! Make sure you are on the latest one. Saves from older versions may cause map event glitches.

literarygoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
AHHHHH curse my blind eyes! *runs to find download link*

literarygoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alrighty, apologies for the double post, i wanted you to see that I had responded with my review.

First of all: *fangirls* I love this!!

Not at all what I was expected when I loaded the game, but I'm certainly not unhappy about it.

Detailed summary:

~ Your title screen is animated (woo!), it's simple and effective and the music fits nicely.

~ The disclaimer was a cute placement

~ The initial screen (with the red backgrounds) was certainly intriguing, my first thought was o_O what happened?!

~ The wall of text right away upon starting the game was a bit, off putting I suppose. Mostly because I didn't know what type of game this was. Certainly not your typical RPG once I actually got into it. There are some grammatical errors peppered throughout all your text, not overly annoying I can read through them easily enough.

~ Your maps are beautifully made, the atmosphere is wonderful. Stunning visuals. Every piece held my interest.

~ Best laugh from an Rm game goes to: Look tinkerbelle!

~ I may have laughed a little too much at the above joke

For an exploration/mystery type game that is primarily story driven with no combat (does the dog really count? lol), this is exceptionally well done! Unfortunately it's late, and I've just made it to the end of Day 3. I /really/ want to keep playing, but I'm so very tired and I've already stayed up later than I intended.

I'll certainly be finishing this tomorrow ^-^

In summary: I highly recommend this for anyone that really enjoys departing from the typical RPG game setup. The story is interesting and unique, each character is wildly different from each other, the premise is simple and well developed.

Cheers,

~ Lit

PS: Thank you for the bomb! ;)

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha! Happy to hear I made you laugh xD! I believe that humor is the best way to immerse yourself into the game and its characters. Too serious is boring (especially for this setting).

I'm glad you stuck with it as I understand this is not your common RMaker game and probably not for everyone. I can only promise that you won't regret it if I ever finish the story and you go till the end.

I'd be even more happy if you could point out those grammar mistakes :3? (I thought it was spelled 'Tinkerbell' xD I'll fix that lol).

You mean, end of day 1 or 2? DEMO ends at day 3 morning (well... technically speaking, the 4th day in the island).

Thanks for playing :D ! Gnites!

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just played a bit. You've reeeeeally gotta fix those lag issues though... something X_____X I'm sure there's a script for that. (We've been batch recording LPs, so you won't see it till the middle of next week or so. :D )

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just played a bit. You've reeeeeally gotta fix those lag issues though... something X_____X I'm sure there's a script for that. (We've been batch recording LPs, so you won't see it till the middle of next week or so. :D )
I know T.T but I'm not sure if I can do more to fix them (already using Theo's anti-lag script maybe I should buy Effectus?) T.T Sorry for that.

Also, make sure you are on the latest version, 2.1 (check the readme.txt file). This will fix a few annoying bugs.

If you already started playing with an older one, then I suggest to keep playing till ToC halfway (when save menu pops up automatically), then update to the newest one and use the old save file.

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Loving the game so far. (Don't wanna give too much away)  But there are other anti-lags out there, try 'em! :)

Edit: We did use 2.1 :)

EliteZeon

Third-Rate Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So after watching everyone else's Lets Plays on this game, I decided to give the demo a go.

I've gotta say, I had a really nice time playing through this, and in all honesty, this was the first RPGMaker Game I decided to play for myself and not watch. I was extremely disappointed when the demo ended... I NEED MOAR!!!

The main issues I found were some dialogue errors and the lag that came up on occasion.

All in all, keep up the good work!

Kinda, somewhat, not serious note here, do we get to pick a waifu in this game?

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So after watching everyone else's Lets Plays on this game, I decided to give the demo a go.

I've gotta say, I had a really nice time playing through this, and in all honesty, this was the first RPGMaker Game I decided to play for myself and not watch. I was extremely disappointed when the demo ended... I NEED MOAR!!!

The main issues I found were some dialogue errors and the lag that came up on occasion.

All in all, keep up the good work!

Kinda, somewhat, not serious note here, do we get to pick a waifu in this game?
I feel honored! Thanks for giving it a try :D

Sorry about those issues. I'm trying my best to fix them T.T

And about the waifu kinda thing. I can say: you don't get to actually choose a girl (confess or w/e...), however your ending will be affected slightly by the choices you made through the play-through and there is one particular ending that will have romance in it (no hugs/kisses though, sorry) xD

I plan to resume development of this once the IGMC period is over. I'll finish this no matter what :D

EliteZeon

Third-Rate Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
*Snaps fingers in disappointment*

Ah well, I look forward to it! Kinda... I keep forgetting there is a Horror marking on this game.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, it's been a while >o< !

I will just go ahead and make an announcement that will make some people happy and some others not so:

Miraculo Island is my first game project ever. I've learned a whole bunch along the process that now I can look back and say "Why did I do that when I could just do this?" or things like "This is so amateurish, agh!" and so on...

Knowing myself, leaving it in such state would hurt not only my motivation but the game itself. On the other hand remaking everything from the beginning will demand a lot of work that I don't think it's worth it... or at least not for free...

You know where I'm going but for those who don't: Miraculo Island is most likely going to become a commercial game. I will have to hire (or recruit) an artist who will take care of busts, CGs and probably composer too (I already made a few contacts in the last year that could probably help make this world a reality :p ). In fact, I might be porting it to the new engine RPG Maker MV that will be released soon.

I've come to the conclusion that, investing so much time, tears, love into your passion should get more recognition than it will ever get as a free software (plus some moneyz to keep the heat going is a nice thing too :p ).

Don't worry, if we've talked before (or even posted something as lame as a "nice game!") you will get a free key when it's done (a year or two maybe?). Just ask for it. I don't want to punish my most loyal fans/friends after all :p

And don't you dare think the project is dead. Because I wouldn't forgive myself if I let it die. I know a bunch of people who enjoyed the title and want to see it done so, as long as I'm alive, I'm gonna do my best to not disappoint them (and myself :p ).

Right now, I'm finishing up working on my IGMC entry ikenie. A fairly short action-adventure game that will hopefully become commercial as well as an extended version. It shouldn't take too long. I will polish my writing skills as I work on the Miraculo Island script in the meantime (or when I have free time at work :p ).

So yeah... if you didn't play the game yet, I recommend you do so. Links will be up till the full commercial game comes out. You will find some flaws in it (lag) but you will get an idea of what is this all about and what to expect. I recently updated the non-RTP version fixing some grammar errors.

That's all folks ;)

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I must say when I read your first lines that I was afraid you'd be telling us: too much work, not worth it, I quit.

Glad I was wrong :)

So, you're planning on restarting from scratch? If so, take your time to get as much as possible of your game on paper. I know it helped me a lot throughout the making of my game. This way, you'll know what kind of sprites/busts/animations/maps etc you'll need and can find someone to help you.

And of course, you can count on your fans to playtest whenever you'll need it!

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I must say when I read your first lines that I was afraid you'd be telling us: too much work, not worth it, I quit.

Glad I was wrong :)
Haha I don't have the guts to do that xD I might as well disappear from the forums if that was my intention :p

Thanks for your support btw!

So, you're planning on restarting from scratch? If so, take your time to get as much as possible of your game on paper. I know it helped me a lot throughout the making of my game. This way, you'll know what kind of sprites/busts/animations/maps etc you'll need and can find someone to help you.
I'll most likely keep some of the graphics but at the same time redo lots of them. I want them to be more consistent (no more floors layers, for example). Same goes with eventing. I need a more solid system that provides easy cut-scene eventing and good performance at the same time.

But most of all, I want to see what can I achieve with MV and decide if I stick to Ace or update. I gotta say, multi OS support is a big plus. But yee, I need more information >.< More details will be posted when the time comes.

I'm sure there is someone out there who wants to join me, or if it comes to it I'll just hire :p but that won't happen until I have everything written/evented. I won't commit the same newbie mistake of "recruiting then start" because reality shows it doesn't work. People want to see work done before committing themselves. Placeholders ftw.

And of course, you can count on your fans to playtest whenever you'll need it!
Of course I can! But at the same time I wouldn't forgive myself if they play their favorite indie titles with lots of bugs and ugly graphics :p But that's something I shouldn't worry about for a while, right :) ?

At least now, I'm more confident than I was two years ago ^^ I know where my focus needs to go.

Sigmma

Dragon's Fire
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Hey man, you have a Beautiful game! i really love the scenario at all
Where i can find the tree's, bunches and these light effects.... all is awesome!!! 

Congratulations!!!

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey man, you have a Beautiful game! i really love the scenario at all

Where i can find the tree's, bunches and these light effects.... all is awesome!!! 

Congratulations!!!
Thanks xD!!

For mapping I mostly used Celianna's Parallax Tiles.

For lighting effects I used Zeus Lights & Shadows.

Don't forget the tint depending on the hour/weather.

I think it can be improved even more though!

SharkerrBlue

Clever and Friendly Member
Reaction score
First Language
Malay Language
Primarily Uses
How do you create the faces?

Just wanna know..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Nightmare... Dreamt I posted a GFX resource post. With a work in progress glove icon that tinted to different colors. In the wrong forum. And I was in such a panic. I saw people writing posts in response, those "..." you see in discord and such. So I frantically tried to report my post as wrong forum, editing to say it's the wrong forum and that I "accidentally" posted it too early... Very odd dream to be honest...
The youngest photo of you is also the oldest photo of you.
People need to stop submitting their game to every single game jam without even reading the jam rules (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Mom tested positive for COVID thanks to a single stupid coworker of hers not taking sh*t serious.
I'll prolly won't be on here for a while as we deal with this.
So before I inevitably start a new project to reorganize myself (I will make sure to save important info dw), I will make an external list of what I want in the final database.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diorpancakes