"Mirror Portraits" in Coversation plugin (WW|Converse)

keizz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's working now ! Thanks for fix this solution. :D

And also working with Yanfly_MessageCore too.

upload_2018-9-4_10-24-10.png

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure how SRD Character creator would interfere with a message plugin. As far as I am familiar with SRD's character creator plugin, it sends face parameters through message box text. I am not modifying that part, so it should be alright.
Would be fun to check it out. Want to give it a go and let me know? If its a no go and you want to help me troubleshoot, I would gladly take a look. =3
Unfortunatelly, the message box text is read through... drawMessageFace. Thus why it needs to have a face set for the message box to work.
Fortunaytelly, I was able to make it work properly.
I editted your line 250 and put in it's place this code:
Code:
        if (Imported["SumRndmDde Character Creator EX"]) {
            const text = (this._textState) ? this._textState.text : '';
            if(text.match(/<CC\s?Face:\s*(\d+)\s*>/i)) {
                this._textState.text = text.replace(/<CC\s?Face:\s*(\d+)\s*>/i, '');
                const id = parseInt(RegExp.$1);
                this.drawCustomFace($gameActors.actor(id), dx, dy);
            } else {
                ctx.drawImage( face_canvas, sx, sy, sw, sh, dx, dy, dw, dh );
            }
        } else ctx.drawImage( face_canvas, sx, sy, sw, sh, dx, dy, dw, dh );

Also, about the compatibility with YEP_MessageCore's width-altering codes, I just put on your Message Box Width parameter
Code:
$gameSystem.messageWidth()
and it takes the width from the YEP plugin, even when it is changed.

HawkZombie

Lord of Shadow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Love it! Nice work, man.

WickedWolfy

Touch Fluffy Tail!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
En
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's working now ! Thanks for fix this solution. :D

And also working with Yanfly_MessageCore too.

View attachment 97624

Glad to hear. Let me know if you find any more issues.
As I am slowly starting to use it with my own project(s) I am finding other cool things I might be able to add. =3

Love it! Nice work, man.

Thanks. Glad it came up useful for folks.

Unfortunatelly, the message box text is read through... drawMessageFace. Thus why it needs to have a face set for the message box to work.
Fortunaytelly, I was able to make it work properly.
I editted your line 250 and put in it's place this code:
Code:
        if (Imported["SumRndmDde Character Creator EX"]) {
            const text = (this._textState) ? this._textState.text : '';
            if(text.match(/<CC\s?Face:\s*(\d+)\s*>/i)) {
                this._textState.text = text.replace(/<CC\s?Face:\s*(\d+)\s*>/i, '');
                const id = parseInt(RegExp.$1);
                this.drawCustomFace($gameActors.actor(id), dx, dy);
            } else {
                ctx.drawImage( face_canvas, sx, sy, sw, sh, dx, dy, dw, dh );
            }
        } else ctx.drawImage( face_canvas, sx, sy, sw, sh, dx, dy, dw, dh );

Also, about the compatibility with YEP_MessageCore's width-altering codes, I just put on your Message Box Width parameter
Code:
$gameSystem.messageWidth()
and it takes the width from the YEP plugin, even when it is changed.

I plan to eventually use SRD's plugin too, so its great to know my plugin does not work so I can fix it. =3
Can you please PM me details on your settings and I will take a look at a good solution to include.
Glad to know you were able to fix it for your purpose, though. If anyone else needs it, good to have the cheat code.
Also, if you can PM me if the SRD plugin works for you properly for Mac game export, I would appreciate it. Seen some projects have trouble with Mac exports.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I just put it bellow both SRD and Yanfly. And... made that change I told you about. It should work fine already, as you can see if SRD's plugin is being used (the "imported" if) it does what the SRD plugin does to change the face to show to the custom one, else it just does what line 350 would do by your code anyway.
Want me to send it to you?

Sorry, I don't use Mac.

WickedWolfy

Touch Fluffy Tail!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
En
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh, I just put it bellow both SRD and Yanfly. And... made that change I told you about. It should work fine already, as you can see if SRD's plugin is being used (the "imported" if) it does what the SRD plugin does to change the face to show to the custom one, else it just does what line 350 would do by your code anyway.
Want me to send it to you?

Sorry, I don't use Mac.

Nah. Your above code should be good to start with. I will tag you on the thread when I get the update rolling. =3

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ops, I said 350, it is line 250

JohnOminae

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello Wolfy! Sorry to be a pain, but I have one more bug to report that seems to conflict with Yanfly's Message Core Extension Pack 1 (http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/30/yep-65-extended-message-pack-1/) and your plugin. Unfortunately it seems whatever change you made to overwrite the width of the window seems to have had a negative effect on the "Auto" fit feature.

A brief explanation of the feature:
\auto - Sets the width and rows of the Message window to fit the current message window. Do not use this with Word Wrap.

Before your plugin update windows would look like the following in game:

upload_2018-12-4_0-46-46.png

However, with your script below Message Core and all extensions, messages get stretched out like so:

upload_2018-12-4_0-48-8.png

If I set your plugin above Message Core and all extensions, the "Auto" command works without issue. However, it does screw with your placement of the face images. I've had to make some weird adjustments to try and make it work, but alas, it's not the most elegant solution.

I appreciate you and your work on this plugin. It's fantastic and I hope you will continue to support it. Please do not hesitate to ask if you need more information from me on this matter. Thank you!

WickedWolfy

Touch Fluffy Tail!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
En
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was not even aware there was an "auto" setting in YanFly. Give me a day or two to take a look.

The issue that before I was using auto-size by default, but it was not working well with YF plugin that sets the hard size.
So I have followed the same path YF did with the set sizes......aaaaaaaaand now the auto width no work. =\

I think I know what the issue is... but can you send me the command/operand you use to do the "locked from this side" message please?

JohnOminae

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Certainly! Here's the text block for that specific event:

upload_2018-12-4_15-6-48.png

And here's the event in HTML form:

Code:
◆Text:None, Dim, Middle
:    :\autoLocked from this side...

Hope this helps! Let me know if there's anything else I can provide to help you out.

WickedWolfy

Touch Fluffy Tail!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
En
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@JohnOminae quick note. Did not forget about you. Got slammed with a big project at work and currently brainless.
Will get to fixing over the weekends. Sorry for the delay. :(

JohnOminae

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@JohnOminae quick note. Did not forget about you. Got slammed with a big project at work and currently brainless.
Will get to fixing over the weekends. Sorry for the delay. :(

I know the feeling, friend! :) No worries here. I'd rather you take your time and iron everything out than rush anything.
I appreciate you providing an update though.

WickedWolfy

Touch Fluffy Tail!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
En
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@JohnOminae Got the files updated. Give it a spin and let me know if this works, or you need any other command hooked up to "automatic YEP size control", so to speak. I worked out a handle to bypass my overrides.

Was in for a loop because the "\auto" command is not in YEP MessageCore... its in "Extended Message Pack 1" =3
Took me a while to figure it out, since I could not reproduce the same issue you were having for the life of me, at the beginning.
I think I got it working relatively proper through some clever hacks.

I have a few ideas for plugins that I need for my "personal use", so I might change how I structured it in-code, but wanted your use to be as un-interrupted as possible, without the extra commands or callouts. Read: if you get tired of my plugin and remove it, your stuff still works with minimal changes. =3

On another note, I am trying to put together a small plugin that might actually do your "This door is locked" a bit better. =3
Its still a way to go, since work and fam and holidays, but I will give you a pm when/if I get it into working condition. Thanks for inspiration and lighting a fire under my tail.

Happy New Year. ;)

JohnOminae

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@WickedWolfy,

No problem! I'm glad you were able to get to the bottom of it with the feedback I was able to provide.
I'll download your newest version and give this a spin. I'll keep you posted if I find anything else, but here's to not finding anything wrong! :D

Also, if you do make a plugin that handles those little text notifications like that, of course I'll be happy to try it out and beta it for you. :)

Thanks again for your hard work! It's very much appreciated and I also hope you have a happy new year as well!

Dschoadsch

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, i hope someone can help:

When Plugin is active and i teststart a game, i always get following
Loading Error
Failed to load: img/system/undefined.png

the Plugin is in GameFolder/js/plugins and is also activated in the PlugInManager

do i need a additional windowborder.png?
i already tried to edit line#128 in the Plugin to img/system/window.png but no luck..
..an other attempt was to specify the same window.png in the PlugInManager, still same error.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Looks like I'm going to have to cancel another game.
For now it is in testing phase: Changing the game icon from Rm2k/2k3 without needing to edit the executable.
Rm2k-DinChangeIcon.png
When there's a will, there's a lifehack. :ninja:

Before i mess with battle UI further, does it look decent enough? :hswt:
Free MZ? That's good. I should go try it out then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weather00