ZoeZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've searched through many threads, but couldn't find one in which op said it worked.
I've tried changing settings on YEP's Core engine, BattleEngine Core, Animated SV Battlers and rpg_managers.js.
None of them flipped the actors. I also tried to simply mirror the sprites, as suggested in another thread, but as I had guessed, the poses' positions are not the same, so the battlers become all visually bugged. Then, in this case, the only solution would be individually cropping and photoshopping each pose for every existent sideview character and enemy, which would take ages.
I've even found an alternative version of YEP_AnimatedSVEnemies that gives an option to mirror the sprites (but it doesn't seem to work.
On another thread, somebody suggested a notetag, which also doesn't work. And there's also another one which nobody ever replied to. Have we simply given up on right-facing sv battlers? If YEP_AnimatedSVEnemies automatically flips the sv enemies' sprite, can we this function on the sv actors, then revert it on the sv enemies?
I couldn't find another plugin for this purpose either.

Here are some results I had when trying to find a solution

upload_2019-11-13_2-5-26.png

I've also found this thread, with another person with the same problem, but nothing has been said about the problem being solved either.

Last edited:

Sevarihk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
How many sprite sheets do you have to mirror? Pyxel Edit makes mirroring individual sprites in a sheet really easy when each sprite has the same size. So if it's not too many, I could mirror them for you manually...

ZoeZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really appreciate it, but they're too many (I even have a battle mode, and I use animated SV enemies, so...). I could ask for your help with some of them.
But I have another problem. I used Pyxel Edit (thanks a lot for suggesting it!) and managed to make it work with 64x64 tiles, but still... I'll have to do it even for the enemies. Is there at least a way to remove the script in YEP_AnimatedSVEnemies that flips the enemies? Because the sprites would be already facing left, and wouldn't have to flip them just for the script to flip them again.
Also, is there a way to reposition the party so that the top actor would be closer to the right?

Edit: Also, the actors are now stepping back to attack, and their weapons appear behind them.
upload_2019-11-13_11-49-57.png

Last edited:

Xntraxz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i have exactly the same issue!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

@Xntraxz, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Lay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

Looking deeper into the Yanfly side view enemy code, I think that there isn't a specific function for mirroring sprite.
However, we can scale sprite and mirroring is done using a negative scaling factor on the x coordinate.

below a portion of code that illustrate it :

JavaScript:
    var mirror = this.scale.x > 0 ? 1 : -1;
    this.scale.x = this._enemy.spriteScaleX() + scaleX;
    this.scale.x = Math.abs(this.scale.x) * mirror;

Since I didn't understand why and when you want to flip sprite, I let you think about it and work around if it could be a solution to your issue.

Best,

Lay.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone going to talk about Chris Pratt Mario?
My friend just gave me chocolate milk at lunch today! My day is now 1000x better. Yay, choco milky!! :kaojoy:
RivalRamen_Games wrote on jacobv1014's profile.
I really like your profile picture! Who is that in it? is she an OC?
Making his first game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nasciturus