Misplaced license for RPG Maker VX ACE

Discussion in 'Tech Support-All Makers' started by Christopher Daly, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher Daly

Christopher Daly Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Greetings!

Last year I purchased RPG Maker VX Ace for at home use for a college assignment.

Since then I've built a new PC with new HDDs and unfortunately forgot to take note of the serial/license key for RPG Maker and cannot find the email which contained the serial.

I've tried contacting support, but they have yet to respond, I was hoping someone here might be able to assist in any way possible.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Regards,
    Chris.

2. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2016
  3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Where did you purchase the engine from?  If it was from here, on the forum store, go to the Store tab at the top of the page and select Manage Purchases.  Find the engine in the list and click on the Manage button.  You'll see your activation code there.

If you purchased from rpgmakerweb.com you can sign in there and should be able to look at your purchase history.

If you bought it on steam you just need to log into steam and reinstall it.

4. Christopher Daly

First Language:
    English
    @Dreadshadow : Thanks a bunch!

@Shaz: I appreciate the information. I purchased from the rpgmakerweb, however, I've already been to my purchases where it shows when I purchased/order no and links to download RPG Maker + extra portraits, but there is no license or serial number anywhere on there, sadly.

Thanks again :)

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Christopher Daly you misread what Shaz said - last year there were two different stores on this site, the forum store and the main store - one of them will contain your purchase and code, and you need to check both stores to find the one where you purchased the program.

6. Christopher Daly

First Language:
    English
    @Andar I've checked both. The webstore, allows me to download RPG Maker, but there's no serial key anywhere there.

I've checked on here (forum store) and all I have is invoices, no serial key anywhere there either. I assume this is because I've had stuff in my cart and have cancelled since.

I've attached some screenshots below.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2016
  7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.