Missing Samurai, Robots, Zobies, etc. Battlers IN MV Resources

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Jay_NOLA, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay_NOLA

Jay_NOLA Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    A bunch of the battlers are missing.  The Japanese MV web site has this image that shows some them.

[​IMG]

2. Alexa Angel

Alexa Angel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    On a side note, it looked weird to me at first where the zombie on the right was reaching  :o

But anyway.. I do not recall anywhere mentioning those are to be released in this MV as battlers.

Thus I imagine those are not included with MV.

Rogue Milk, krazie22, Schade and 2 others like this.
  3. Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon Inc. Crimson Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    the base resource package has these

4. Jay_NOLA

Jay_NOLA Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My base resource pack doesn't have them the in it my Base Resource zip is 556 MB.  They are not in it.  I have a folder marked img and another marked audio and they are in none of the sub folders of those 2 folders.

5. Crimson Dragon Inc.

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    my bad i was thinking of a differant img set not the one you wanted maybe they are gonna release one that is samurai pack for MV?

6. taarna23

taarna23 Marshmallow Princess Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    I remember it being said many times during the preorder phase that things on the Japanese site may not necessarily apply to us.

However, I think this may be stuff that was for people that preordered - I have these resources.

7. Niten Ichi Ryu

Niten Ichi Ryu Grey Lords Emissary Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Taarna, do you mean resources corresponding to the picture posted by OP?

I have pre-ordered, I have some resources, but definitely not ones similar to these in the picture.

8. taarna23

First Language:
    English
    Niten: Yes, the ones in the picture. Did you download the "big pack" from the link emailed out? Looks like it downloaded as "BaseResources.zip" and linked as "Big Ole Bonus Pack." There was a folder in it called "special" and these resources are there.

I have no idea if these are in the "BaseResources" download that I have seen others mention - I only know what I've got.

9. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The special folder was temporarily removed from the download due to some pecularities with USA culture who consider one or two of the included pictures as "not suitable for children" and the program being PG13 in the USA.

Those resources will be made available again from Degica upon request later (when the bigger problems go down).

The "special" resources were not battlers, but for use in visual novels - and no, in Germany they would have been considered FSK12 (same as in Japan), but the USA culture has some extreme ideas imho...

FeralGames and Engr. Adiktuzmiko like this.
  10. Crimson Dragon Inc.

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    that explains why i have them then :D

11. Niten Ichi Ryu

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It explains why I don't I downloaded the big ole pack after the removal. Now I'm more interested in this special folder. Hope licensing issue is cleared soon...

12. Jay_NOLA

Jay_NOLA Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My BaseResouces.zip doesn't have a special folder in it.   I downloaded it from the "Big Ole Bonus Pack" link you mentioned.

How big is the zip you with the special folder?.  My non special  containing one is 556 MB.

I pre-ordered MV too.

I asked a friend  earlier about the resources who is super heavy in to RPG Maker stuff to see if he knew anything after I made my first post to see if he knew anything.

He asked a few of his friends and managed to find out  that you they are supposed to be part of the base resource zip file in a folder tiled special which has numerous sub folders, lik e you said  and one tiled Enemies and  in it like you and I ought to have sub folders with roughly over 150 additional different battlers in 3 different resolutions  in Enemies (So that about 450 pngs of just Enemies.), for samurai games, sci fi ones, etc. and that they have other folders in special folder of characters, backgrounds, etc. also in the special folder.

I also know I'm missing some of the cover characters audio files.  each cover character has a custom audio music according to the Japanese page and I only have music for 8 of them.

@Andar it did contain battlers from what I have been able to find out, as I said above.

How long is temporary going to be in this case and are you certain that the resources in it were just meant for visual novels or is that an assumption that is running around on the forums?

Is Temporary going to mean that just Steam will get it at some point but not the non-steam users or it'll get forgotten?  Quite often I've noticed steam users get updates and we non-Steam users have to wait months for updates, etc. and usually have to make a post on the forum  about it, plus some times things just get said we'll fix the link etc. and it never does get fixed.

It wouldn't be that difficult to just put them in a zip and send out a link via email to purchasers who want to download it or have a zip with a warning than making everyone wait for who knows how long because some people objected to one or two images.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
    Niten Ichi Ryu likes this.
  13. terwilliker

terwilliker Veteran Veteran

Yep, the special folder had lots of young girls in tight clothing. I do not think they would fit into US target audience either.

14. Niten Ichi Ryu

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, US isn't the world :)

RishigangiX likes this.
  15. Tsukihime

Tsukihime Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have them in my BaseResources folder. The zip file is 683 MB. Since yours is 550... :/

I'm more concerned what the bear she's holding by the head is doing.

And why I don't have that particular battler.

[​IMG]

I would love to have a battler of a girl holding a sleeping bear by the head, strapped to her back, like nothing's happening.

I would also like to have full character sets, faces, sprites, and all.

Someone please commission this. You can just base it on that girl in the pic.

16. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't know how long temporary will be, because first the bughunting of MV needs to be completed before anyone from Degica has time to handle this.
    And about steam - quite the other way around: The resources were removed from the automated download because they should not (according to USA age restrictions) be made available automatically to all users.

Which means they will never be part of the steam downloads and even the steam users will have to come to this site and request the link to those resources.

And the process IS difficult, because it cannot be made available in any automated mass-mails - they have to be personally requested from the users to get the link, or they wouldn't have to remove them from the automated download where they were available for a few hours.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46372-really-suitable-for-kids/

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46409-fanservice-hentai-content-in-mv/

17. MechaGS

MechaGS Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I hope this get's released to us again soon. I'd have loved the mechs.

EternalShadow likes this.
  18. taarna23

First Language:
    English
    Tsukihime: She's in the folder with all the mechs, I believe. I think the people in that folder are generally styled as operators for the mechs, most of them match at least one of the mechs. As for the bear, no clue. Lucky bearskin?

Tsukihime likes this.
  19. Nightshade

Nightshade Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I wasn't given a special folder :( in my pre-order after i installed it on the 23rd :( now im sad :( i got it threw steam

20. KisaiTenshi

KisaiTenshi Veteran Veteran

Keep in mind two things are always true:

1) The Japanese versions of products tend to be 50% more expensive, many of their games start at the equivalent of 150$ USD.

2) The page you're referring to is this https://tkool.jp/mv/new_function/04.html , which it says something like "16 premade characters, complete with their own music themes"

So Actor1.png, Actor2.png and Actor3.png = 24 Characters

Add SF_Actor1.png, SF_Actor2.png and SF_Actor3.png and you get another 24 characters.

In the Damage1.png you see 32 characters. The 16 on the left plus the 8 upper right correspond to Actor1/2/3, while ones in the lower-right correspond to People1. People 2/3/4 correspond with Damage 2. and Monster/Nature correspond with Damage3

The SF_Actor1/2/3 correspond with SF_Damage1.png and SF_People1.  Damage2 corresponds with SF_People2/SF_People3

There are 20 SV characters which means that only 4 are actually missing. There are 21 SV SF characters which means there are 3 missing. That would be the first 4 from Actor3 (The 4 on the top row), and The upper-right two (the identical looking characters with their hair parted on opposite sides, the one on right is the female), and the one with the "princess drills" hair on the bottom that matches "SF_SweetLolita enemy".

As for Enemies/SV_Enemies

Missing Actor 1_1,1_2,1_8, 2_1 (SV_enemy missing),2_7,2_8(enemy only),2_8,3_3,3_4,3_7,3_8

There are no matching SF_Actor enemies, at least not named as such.

Like some of these missing ones might "just be missing" like 2_1 and 2_8, where as 1_1 and 1_2 might be "hero" characters that there simply isn't artwork for.

In the Cover Art Characters folder, there's also a Damage4.png, Package1.png and Package2.png, There are SV_actors for all 16 of them. These are the characters seen in the promotional artwork.

I don't see any of the characters in the OP in the packaged DLC from Steam, nor are they in enemies/SV_enemies.

Like right above that image it says this ((✓) = exactly the same as English RPG Maker MV):

Music:

BGM 97 songs ((✓) 71 from BaseResources, 18 in New Data, 8 from Cover Art Characters)

BGS 29 songs (✓)

ME 24 songs (x 27?)

SE 355 songs (✓)

Packaged Materials for 16 characters

animation 117  (✓)

combat background 1 76  (✓)

combat background 2 78 (✓)

44 character  (✓, filenames, not individual characters)

enemy character 105 (✓)

face graphics 15 (✓)

distant view 15  (✓)

side-view character 41 (✓)

side-view enemy character 105 (✓)

System 12 (x, 13?)

tile set 28 (x 31?)

Title 1 22 (✓)

Title 2 2 (✓)

(Above is included in the Base_Resources if you dump all of those into New Data)

[additional graphic material (prepare a large, medium, and small)]  

Standing picture 657 sheets 

Enemy 341 sheets 

background 42 sheets

(These I'm unable to find, so I'm assuming these were not included with the Steam version)

The text beneath the image the OP linked to says:

天来・現在・過去 = Divine, Present and Past

株々なシチュエーションで使える = You can use in stock various situations

高ク才リティの追加ク"ラフィック素材も1000点以上同梱 = Additional material to make more than 1000 characters (I think? I'm not sure if I transcribed that correctly)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.