Missing Samurai, Robots, Zobies, etc. Battlers IN MV Resources

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Jay_NOLA, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taarna23

taarna23 Marshmallow Princess Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    I didn't refer to a page, and you don't see them because they aren't there. They were in a "special" folder in the BaseResources.zip download, before there was a bit of a fuss and they were temporarily removed, as per Andar's post:

I hope that clears it up...

2. Jory4001

Jory4001 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I can't wait for these to be released. More resources is always better.

As for them being available on steam, they can be made a DLC with a higher then PG13 rating and given free to those who already own RMMV.

3. Nejispira

Nejispira Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi!

Thanks for the information!

I got all the images , including the bear on girl shoulder and my base resource pack is 667MB!

maybe the restriction doesn't apply to my country!

seeya!

4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Maybe you just downloaded when it was still there since the download was global (or are you using steam?)

anyway, I hope we get to get these resources soon as they look useful

5. Nejispira

First Language:
    English
    Hi, i am not using steam, but i also got the key for steam!

i got a bonus email , 12 hours before the official release from steam!,

i downloaded all of them on a 512kps speed! [ i used up my quota, so was on low speed]

they were huge:

BaseResource = 667MB

CoverArtCharacters = 58.4MB

essentials-set-v.1.0 = 164MB

KadokawaPlugins = 64.8KB

W_DRM = 533MB

WebPlugins = 249KB

That's it!

6. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    So yeah you got it because you downloaded them before it was removed (made unavailable for download)...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
  7. kaukusaki

kaukusaki Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I didn't get the special resources though I preordered. I downloaded from this site 23 october about noon CST. I had no idea until someone mentioned it in the forums. Boo us restrictions...

8. Nejispira

First Language:
    English
    thanks, i did not know that it was removed!

since i am here, can you tell me if i can create a Auto-battle play [ enemy vs a hero]  as a start up!

thank you!

9. Techeese

Techeese B.E.T.A class Member

So there is chance for non-us steam users to get these special resources later once bugs have lessen?

10. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The resources Andar is talking about are actually not MV resources at all, but from a visual novel.

11. Techeese

Techeese B.E.T.A class Member

ok before this becomes even more confusing.

OP mentioning of missing mv resources is Not the special folder being mentioned when MV launched but a different one?

12. KisaiTenshi

KisaiTenshi Veteran Veteran

Are they though? I haven't seen the resources in question but I preorded on Steam.

The Japanese page suggests there is supposed to be 

In addition to the Base content and 16 premade characters. Which suggests maybe that content is the "Standing Picture" set? If someone has it, count the files and see if that's the case.

13. Niten Ichi Ryu

Niten Ichi Ryu Grey Lords Emissary Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    OK, would those resources be VN or not, battlers or not, part of the normal pre order or not, all this is actually completely irrelevant.

Question is: did some of the consumers got more content than others? Yes

Should that be made available to others legit consumers? Yes.

I understand that there are bug fixing priorities, but this is a distribution quirk, for which consumers are not responsible, and I think it should not be put on a back burner, but resolved at the earliest to be fair for all consumers, and leave that behind. It would also save mods time, as they would not have to keep reacting on such topics.

If the issue are two or three pics that would be problematic for US markets, just remove them from said folder, and make the rest available via a DL link.

I find it "damaging" for the image of the product that the whole world is impacted because of restrictive regulations of a market that is only 5% of the planet.

14. Leo Epitav

Leo Epitav Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Japan Always Gets Every thing

Even in VXACE They had Emotion Pictures Set for Every RTP Character.

I don't know what is Enterbain thinking

they could have simply made some thing like "By Downloading this File, you approave you are 18 years old or above"..

15. KisaiTenshi

Nah. It's far more likely the images are legal, but because it's hard to determine the age of "cartoon" preteens in the eyes of the law, it was probably erring on the side of caution. See this... blame the "save the children" mentality. Last thing any company in the US needs in their lawsuit happy environment is to hatch another Jack Thompson.

If you want to play the PC (Politically Correct) card, yes, sexualized children in any context is likely bad because they're children, but stop me if you heard this one. Singling out video games, but somehow turning a blindeye to preteen beauty contests is a bit stupid, and just shows that Western audiences would rather pick and choose what to be offended by when it's not something they like the idea of. Laws in the west are poorly written because they are knee-jerk reactions to what is pretty much bad taste and countries with poor protection of free speech. Japan doesn't ship stuff to the West or censors it because laws in western countries don't make a distinction between fiction and real people when it comes to artwork.

At any rate, the RPG Maker MV marketing page is completely different from the Japanese RPG Maker MV page, and expecting the exact same thing on both is a bit problematic for this reason. However since we can read the Japanese page and clearly see what the Japanese version comes with, then trying to claim that "oh it wasn't supposed to come with it" is flat out lying when some people did in fact get it. So the question comes back to, are those extra assets that people who pre-ordered off the website, the same thing the Japanese version (which isn't out yet 発売日:2015年12月17日) has?

Niten Ichi Ryu likes this.
  16. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The special folder was added in last minute without even telling Degica that it was added, and the zero-tolerance-laws in the USA required Degica to remove them as fast as possible before anyone could file a lawssuit against them.

Just to check some of the ridiculous happenings in the USA because some of those laws, read: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/AsSeenOnGMA/story?id=4585388

And as had been stated, you now simply have to wait until Degica has time to set some controlled distribution up.

If you don't like it, blame the politicians in the USA who appearantly can't think ahead when writing laws.

But Degica has to obey those laws...

17. KisaiTenshi

That's not a law, that's a school policy. But outrage targets remain the same. It doesn't anger me that it's not included, it only bothers me that some people got it and we won't find out till December if that was the content that was supposed to be in it or not since the Japanese release date is still a month and a half away.

18. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's a school policy that is caused by a law - and did you read the later examples, like the 4-year-old accused of sexual harrassment because he hugged a kindergarten teacher?

19. Niten Ichi Ryu

Niten Ichi Ryu Grey Lords Emissary Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is getting scary indeed. It is critical for children to be able to share affection from their kindergarten teachers and receive mark of affections from them too.

A society as such will become dehumanised.

20. KisaiTenshi

Yes, and the kids were not thrown in jail, they were suspended from school for "bad behavior" much in the same way a kid bullying another kid would be suspended. As much as we like to pretend this behavior is "just being kids" the line has to be drawn and pointed back at the parents who seem to not draw any boundaries for their children. Push those boundaries too hard, and you get this knee-jerk "well I wasn't able do to X, so nobody should be able to do X either." Yes a lot of kids are little jerks, but the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

No victim, no crime. (eg a drawing is not going to testify in court how you drew them inappropriately, however their copyright holder might if they are a copyrighted character.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.