Missing Samurai, Robots, Zobies, etc. Battlers IN MV Resources

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Jay_NOLA, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milennin

Milennin "With a bang and a boom!" Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Let me get this right. We're being denied a folder full with resources because there's 1 or a few pictures with kids/teens wearing tight clothes? Yet we still get dozens of pictures depicting monsters, demons and people wielding huge weapons that look like they're about to kill someone? And wait, if that's a problem in America, then why is it being removed for those who don't even live there? This doesn't make any sense.

Niten Ichi Ryu likes this.
  2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1) Yes, in the USA it's easier to see/display gore than nudity.
    2) Because Degica was surprised by those resources, they didn't have the time to set up a selective download - and after that the bugs in MV were more important than to setup that.

3. KisaiTenshi

KisaiTenshi Veteran Veteran

No, from what I understand is that something that is advertised in the Japanese website isn't present in the English website, but was sent to the English localization team who then put it up on the website but only noticed what was in it before they put it on steam so it didn't get pushed to steam, and might violate the steam publishing agreement since the rating would be different for this one "DLC" pack than the rest of MV. Plus it seems like the intent was to put some of these things up as DLC and not just drop all of it in at once except for the pre-orders.

Now, I will be horribly disappointed if they don't ever release whatever it is since clearly the Japanese version gets something that was certainly not included or mentioned in the MV preorder. If one or two images are problematic, just don't put those in the Steam download and instead put it on the website as a "mature content patch" or let the Japanese site host it. It's not like the files from the JP version wouldn't work on the EN version anyway, so if Degica doesn't release it, what will happen is that a handful of people who want it will just buy the Japanese version and share it anyway. So it's not in Degica's best interest to withhold the content since it might hurt the review/ratings of the software if it becomes widely known what content was removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
  4. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not read whole thread, just skimmed.

However, I would like to point out it was not US citizens who brought attention to the resources in the first place.

5. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Since this thread seems to have devolved into a discussion on politics and laws, I'm going to go ahead and close this. :)

@OP (and anyone else missing the resources):

The material will be made available, however, it needs to be formatted and organized first. A lot of the material isn't useful for RPG Maker, and we'd like a chance to fix it up and will look into supplemental material that would make it more useful for RPG Maker users.

No, I do not have an ETA for this, but it will be sometime after the holidays.

Adlw likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.