Blue001

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've noticed a lack of Map Editor keyboard controls and mouse shortcuts listed anywhere in the help file.

For example, I just discovered today that ALT+Mouse-wheel lets you scroll in the map left and right. Would have been lovely to know this before.

Then I tried randomly using Middle Mouse click and saw it gave you a "panning map" function while working on your map. Again, I feel like, even though "trying it out" and seeing what it does is easy enough, having all the controls spelled out somewhere, would be nice. The only ones you really know offhand is the ones in the context menus that display controls on the right.

The only control I really ever saw mentioned in the Help file itself was SHIFT placing of tiles to disable auto-tile.

Are there any other neat controls I've been missing out on? And not just in the map portion of the editor. But in other windows as well?

Faytless

recently unemployed Kung Fu Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
in regards to porting to mobile for Android.'

At some point it might be worth noting Android Keystores in the manual as well.  As later in the development cycle this is going to be fairly important.  Unless this has been updated ( please call me out if it is ),  using the standard method will use a default keystore generated by xwalk.  Technically,  there may not be any issues with a bunch of people using a default keystore -- but usually when google decides to force you to use a new API its worth noting what this is and how to generate your own.

I don't have time to extensively write out a how-to for this but if I do get around to it ill make it public.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilithlun

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I'm not entirely sure about this, but as far as I know you can only access an event name from the map class and not from the event itself. But the event class inside the documentation says that the event has a name property, so I was wondering if this is an error.

Anyway I'm pretty sure that "Number" type for the name property is wrong.

Code:
name Number

The name.

RPG Noobie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
To correct the problem with the Yen symbol showing instead of the \ you must edit the file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\KADOKAWA\RPGMV\Help\inc\css\style.min.css

Change the only occurrence of

font-family:'Lucida Grande', 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProN', 'ヒラギノ角ゴ ProN W3', Meiryo, メイリオ, sans-serif;

to

font-family:'Verdana' ,'Lucida Grande', 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProN', 'ヒラギノ角ゴ ProN W3', Meiryo, メイリオ, sans-serif;

This will render the HTML correctly in Windows - hopefully this will get into the next patch.

Hope this helps

RPG Noobie

RingPop

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's strange... 

KermEd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
N/A
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, All.
2. The Help file shows a yen symbol in numerous places when slash like this \ is what ought to be shown. (thanks: Jay_Nola)
The issue is caused by the Meiryo font being used in the Help file. If you do a copy and past of the text from the Help file into Word etc and change the font it displays correctly.

FYI, this issue is still present in the MV manual.

To correct the problem with the Yen symbol showing instead of the \ you must edit the file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\KADOKAWA\RPGMV\Help\inc\css\style.min.css

I'm tempted to rework the CSS on my system to make it cleaner. The only downside, is it'll get wiped out every update.

Last edited by a moderator:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KermEd I've merged your posts together. In the future, if you need to quote more than one post, you can select quote for each post and it will add them all when you are ready to respond.

KermEd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
N/A
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KermEd I've merged your posts together. In the future, if you need to quote more than one post, you can select quote for each post and it will add them all when you are ready to respond.

I'm not a fan of multiquotes, because then someone needs to hack up my reply, to reply to the part they care about... I prefer more organic conversations. That said, I see a lot of moderation on these forums, and it'll eventually drive me crazy. I'll keep it in mind and avoid posting unless necessary.

Last edited:

SatansAngel

THE RPG Maker 2003 World Champion (retired)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, I know. RPG Maker 2003 had a similar problem, depending on the version. It's not a big deal or important, except to make things perfect. The manual and software have alot more serious issues than that they havn't fixed in years.

A simple typo isn't much... there's lot bigger issues with the software the developers aren't aware of nor the average consumer, but most aren't advanced enough to see it.

KermEd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
N/A
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A simple typo isn't much... there's lot bigger issues with the software the developers aren't aware of nor the average consumer, but most aren't advanced enough to see it.

I like to hope they can work on multiple things at a time. We should strive to improve everything, all the time, in all areas. It's a quick fix.

ICF-Soft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are something to be added to manual in "[Exclude unused files] Plugin Configuration" section.
There are more types than just file and animation. You can use boolean and number, even actor, class, skill and so on, and by adding "[]" to type it becames an array. To use array and no-text parameters you can use JSON.parse() function.

And for noteParam, it needs an example of use because it's unclear.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes you Just need to realise someone is beyond help... Still hard to walk away tho :(
100 Horror/Tragedy Sample Maps, Penguin Mech Sprite, & TileD Templates | RPG Maker News #70

Continuing working on abs. So far I have done the workout twice. I am excited to see the results after a couple of weeks. How is everyone doing? :)
MZ: oh boy imma work today
Me, excited: Really?
MZ, doesn't do what I tell It too
Me: I Thought-
MZ: I am Working!
Oof, this "side project" of mine is starting to get as complex as a VS plugin, at least as far as plugin parameters are concerned. I think I now understand why a plugin like this doesn't already exist(that I know of). Learning a lot while trying to make it work though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghanovdn