JadenDew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey people,

Um I hope this is the right thread to ask this.

I have bought the Dark Hero pack from the forum store and am wondering if the artstyle could go with RTP bust shots. I feel that it is alright but I want to know your opinions on the mix too.

Here is an example shot:

mhQJig8.png

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well take a look at the vivid colors of the left bust ant the right bust's colors.

You can make them more compatible by taking left and change the saturation (decrease it) using the free software paint.net

Still the left is different from the the right. 

This is agaqinst consistency.

People instantyl realize it. Sope people don't mind, while others say meh.

It depends though on how you use the artwork and how it merge with the scenario.

In any case good luck with your game. :D  

CrazyCrab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Personally I do think that if you do reduce the saturation on the left one the difference won't be as noticeable.

I mean the artstyle is slightly different, but then one can argue that the big eyes just mean that he's younger, like in most manga / anime stuff.

Once you make the colors not so bright (or make the right one's colors brighter) I think that the difference will really be minimal. It's not like one of them is 3D or something. Then again, I'm a bit ''artistically blind'' so... eh.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alternatively you can also work the different styles into the story - for example if your game allows travel between a normal world and a darkness world, the inhabitants could use different styles for their pictures (if everything else like which tiles to use on map also fits the theme)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DNPwhy.gif

You're using that item wrong... TwT

Trying to get the mechanics down for a cute, story-driven board game! I think I've accomplished dice movement, item effects, and activating a space's event when you land on it. Art is WIP. Hope to open a thread about the game soon!
My entire family and I have Covid... If it's this bad with the vaccine, without must be terrible. Stay safe, everyone. This thing is a doozy.
Ugh. Head heavy with sick juice. I wish I could work on my stuff. o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aubycringe