(MMO)RPG Maker MV

ledomaine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Nelderson also did something like this, tho I do not know if he continued it, also saw an youtuber that did something similar with pvp battles & stuff, I am not saying anything bad, in fact it is fantastic that people still show interest in making online rpgs and even I have dabbled in this with my own .net implementation, the thing is that we need something that should become a standard. Still good work and keep it up!
Thanks for the feedback! I am well aware of the Nelderson project, someone else notified me about it. I think my project and the Nelderson project have some differences in terms of core vision and multiple other things. On my side, I'll just keep working on this project in order to make it fully usable and as stable as it can get then it will be just up to you, the community, to decide if it can become a standard or not :p

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Already suscribed to this, such a nice project!

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow this is awesome!

Will it allow players to create their own characters? Or can I just add a plugin on my end when creating a game to make it so players have that ability.

ledomaine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow this is awesome!

Will it allow players to create their own characters? Or can I just add a plugin on my end when creating a game to make it so players have that ability.
It should already be compatible with that kind of plugins as well as quest plugins and so on :)

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice!! This is great, this will definitely come in handy for a ton of people.

Luminous

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Very like this project so far. The progress is very fast, unbelievable!

Icelord888

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow this is awesome!

I think this might help you, you can integrate SRD character creator plugin in your project to generate players with custom apearance, I already managed to do that in my multiplayer project and it worked out pretty well. You can also integrate it with an event display name plugin to show off character names.

It should already be compatible with that kind of plugins as well as quest plugins and so on :)
I don't know if it can help you, but I think I still have my multiplayer project tucked away somewhere, it may be a pice of junk from my early days but I still think you can use it for scrap. Well message me if you're interested...

Last edited by a moderator:

ledomaine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if it can help you, but I think I still have my multiplayer project tucked away somewhere, it may be a pice of junk from my early days but I still think you can use it for scrap. Well message me if you're interested...
It is nice of you! I don't think it would be necessary for me to go through it but if you feel anything can be an addition and contribute to the project, please feel free to do a push request on the GitHub, it is an entirely open-source project! Also feel free to join the Discord!

I think this might help you, you can integrate SRD character creator plugin in your project to generate players with custom apearance, I already managed to do that in my multiplayer project and it worked out pretty well. You can also integrate it with an event display name plugin to show off character names.
Yes, an SRD character plugin is totally compatible with the current version of MMOMV. Also, there is already a ready out of the box in-made plugin (MMO_Overhead.js) that take care of the character names (+ NPC) as well as colorising (normal players/members of the party) and current action (in menu, combat, writing, ...) - screenshots are available on the first post

Last edited:

whitespirits

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
This project is fantastic and the developer really passionate about the project, it would be great to see more developers helping with plugins and really take this to the next level

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Best plug-in ever. Developer is super open to ideas and is very transparent about any issues that might arise. He's also super cool. You can talk to him about anything. Really down to earth guy. Recommend the discord chat for anyone, you don't even need to want/use the plugin.

PixelGamerDev

Magia User Grade SSS
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this compatible with yanfly's battle engine core?

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
The futur is now! With that kind of plugin the community of RPG Maker MV will stay on for quite some time.
I wish I add more free time to develop even more and push everything with your work! Don't give up and hope you are doing well!

sufaiterevo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Brasil
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi could you create classes teaching how this system was made I am wanting to make a system like that so I don't think classes just found with rpg maker ace could create classes teaching how to make the plugins? is it possible to enter login and password or just login

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice project, but I have hard time understanding how this takes cares of some rpgm mv aspects like opening menu, parallel events, etc. with additional players in the world?

Sugor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this compatible to Mog_Title Plugins, Menu Plugins, and Battle HUD? haven't tried yet cuz i'm about to make one of this after i finished my game.

OgreLeg

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I'm really interested in this but I am having trouble setting it up on windows. I watched your video and noticed you were using a macbook? I'm sure you are busy and I'm trying to figure it out myself via google but any advice from the source, so to speak, would be better.

I'm especially excited that, from what I can tell, you can play with other players in a party in the sideview combat system. That's amazing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the good work!

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, I'm really interested in this but I am having trouble setting it up on windows. I watched your video and noticed you were using a macbook? I'm sure you are busy and I'm trying to figure it out myself via google but any advice from the source, so to speak, would be better.

I'm especially excited that, from what I can tell, you can play with other players in a party in the sideview combat system. That's amazing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the good work!
I got it up and working for mine by following the instructions on the github. https://github.com/samuelcardillo/MMORPGMaker-MV/wiki/[Makers]-Setup-your-project

Aeternus

Hebitsukaiza
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks great!
Just what I have been looking for o:
Im currently on my phone so I cant test it out but is there a player trading system included in this already?
It's the only feature I didn't see o:

Will try it out once I get home
:D

Drokkkon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This would work so good with a real time battle system, but the turn based or even the MZ new one I believe don't work that good with MMO xd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I have a lighter work schedule next week. Is that a sign to move on to MZ?
I got a new rpg idea yesterday, titled "The Hero We Summoned to Save Us is a War Criminal from our Past?!"
Work on Yanfly's MZ plug-ins is coming along nicely. Looking forward to getting them: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Core_Engine_VisuStella_MZ
so uh variables can only be used for num lol? I guess I gotta fix that once MZ come out lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BM_ANDERSON