MMORPGs

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Elements, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Elements

Elements 7th Stratum Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Love 'em? hate 'em? Devoted a good hunk of your life to them in the past? Currently playing one? Spent a fortune through micro transactions? Would never spend a dime for polygons?

MMOs were a great source of entertainment for me in the past, back when I could actually devote several hours of the day to a game without immediate or overly serious consequences (Good old middle school and high school days.)

Ragnarok Online was the first one I ever tried, and it still is the only MMO I play sparingly through the years.(Last time I played was around...2 years ago).

What's your stance on MMORPGs (Or any MMO really)? Any interesting stories to share?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2013
  2. Emzie

Emzie ಠ_ಠ Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Not actually hate them but i never played and MMORPGs, FML.

3. Elements

First Language:
    English
    There's hundreds of them out there today, but none of them really appeal to me :'D.

I never really got into 3D mmorpgs, though I must say...

Path of exile almost caught me.

Path of exile is pretty much a diablo 2 clone. (In every sense of the word "clone" lol).

4. BigEd781

BigEd781 undefined method 'stupid_title' found for nil:NilC Veteran

First Language:
    Dothraki
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    PoE is not an MMO, it is an ARPG, as is Diablo.

I used to play WoW.  A lot.  Lotta WoW.

5. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Ragnarok Online, Granado Espada, Rising Force Online, Gunbound and O2Jam for me...although technically the last 2 probably doesn't count as MMORPGs.

Sumasuun likes this.
  6. EvilEagles

EvilEagles Stargazer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Priston Tale. Spent years playing that game. After I quit, or rather, the server I was playing in with all the friends I had - either IRL or in the game - closed down, MMOs in general don't mean so much to me anymore.

7. Elements

First Language:
    English
    One can learn something new every day it seems. I love it how many generalizations I make with genres.

"It's online, it's kinda an rpg, I'LL JUST CALL IT MMO TOO"

lawl.

Also WoW...I kind of want to play WoW just to experience the conclusion to Arthas's story (Even though I already know how it ends lol).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu2U9Rlr1-M

Dat RO ost dawg.

Looked pretty FF-ish dawg.

8. Tsukitsune

Tsukitsune Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Started with Runescape back in middle school when I was 10, played that for a year, then found out about WoW and played that for 2 years, then followed Aion in development for 2 years and played that for like a few months... disappointing game.  Then I spend another 2 years following Tera through development and.. another disappointment lol.  Now I'm waiting for Bless, Blade and Soul, and Archeage.  I also played several F2p games inbetween all those listed, aswell as tons of league before season 1, and into season 1 a little, around 1600 games and around 98% of those games I played with Cho'gath, no lie lol.  League is no MMO but I still felt like mentioning it :p

9. Elements

First Language:
    English
    Whatever you do, just avoid Aeria games.

!

MyLordRobinson likes this.
  10. themo

themo Artist Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Ashen Empires, Runescape, WoW, Warhammer Online, and a host of Evony type games stole the bulk of my life. Before that i was addicted to a text only MUD called Dutch Mountains. Now i am trying to have a break to help make something heh.

11. Cherubia

Cherubia Winter fairy Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm playing World of Warcraft, but on a RP-Realm (Die Aldor-EU), so I'm not a progress gamer. I'm guild master of a pandaren RP guild (Horde), and it's very much fun.

12. Fomar0153

Fomar0153 All wrapped up for winter. Restaff

First Language:
    English
    At the moment I'm playing a little bit of Star Wars the Old Republic and a lot of Guild Wars 2.

13. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Pristontale is my favourite! Did you know Subagames updated the game, and now you can age boots, armlets and gauntlets? It's so awesome *_* the game's economy completely crashed though. They're selling mystic mana for 300k a piece. 300k!

I've played hundreds of MMORPGs, it's kind of my thing to try out almost everything. Very little games do hold my interest. The only ones I kept returning to are Pristontale, Runescape, Aika Online, Asda Story, Tera Online and recently Guild Wars 2.

14. EvilEagles

EvilEagles Stargazer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Inflation always sucks eh? I remember back in my days that sold for only about 25-30k at best, and I was 90% of the time, completely broke due to purchases of high end equipment. As a result there were times I had to actually run away from dangerous fields to regen and then go back to it again and kept doing that for a long while, since you know, I didn't even have enough money for potions. Not sure how I could survive if I were still playing.

And dayum, aging for other equipment, that sounds pretty darn sweet. Do they like, glow afterwards?

15. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well since the equipment doesn't show on your character, no, they don't glow XD I think you'd be a pretty good match with me! I got a priest with a lvl 9 regenfield, and I can give you loads of mana per second like that. I also tend to hog my mana, I've got like 300 of them ... which would actually make me filthy rich if I were to sell them.
    Everyone is like lvl 120 though, I feel kind of behind.

16. SirShadow

SirShadow Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I enjoy MMO's, but recently I found a drought of decent ones.

17. Elements

First Language:
    English
  18. Reisen

Reisen Hagoromo ♥ Veteran

First Language:
    Filipinookie
    It's a really good platform game and they're focused on the storyline alot. On the other hand, Grand Chase is too focused on the aspect of PvPing and too much unnecessary updates which makes it boring to play because almost all the good items are p2w :(  

Also I've been a solid RO player until eventually my friends got tired of it. It was a really fun experience though :3 Their OST is pure win and most of the headgears are just so cute. (Bell Ribbon & Kawaii Ribbon)

@Archeia&Elements - What are your most favorite character jobs? :3

19. Elements

First Language:
    English
    @Reisen:

Lawl dat kawaii ribbon. I was a sucker for FASHIONABLE GLASSES.

They made my delicious female HP the bomb.

My favorite jobs though, I'll always love Gunslinger, Sniper and High Wizard~

Creator and Whitesmith were amazing too, but they required too much money :'<

Lately I sort of want to play a bit of RO, but I have this huge issue with rates and features. I'm not even sure what kind of rates I would like to play these days.

I started out in a 3x server lol.

Which jobs did you roll with?

You sound like a.....

Actually I can somehow relate you with all the jobs lawl.

Possibly Alchemist-Merchant related main.

...Or Prof perhaps.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2013
  20. Zozma

Zozma Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I used to play Champions, but put it down a while ago and never picked up an MMORPG since. They don't feel worth the time investment to me. I don't typically like gaming with strangers, and with friends I'd much rather play a game you can jump into immediately, or with a progression system that's more about lateral than linear.