MMORPGs

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Elements, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Reisen

Reisen Hagoromo ♥ Veteran

First Language:
    Filipinookie
    Red Framed Glasses were da bomb yo. It makes your character look like some kind of a sexy grown-up woman who writes for a living. I kinda miss playing RO too. I mean, I want to play one but I don't have anyone to play with it. All my friends have grown tired of RO since we've been through like several private servers and didn't like each one of it. Actually sometimes we settle down once in a while but eventually the server closes due to financial issues which I wholeheartedly hate >=( You should go for mid-rates by the way.

Whitesmith is seriously broken with TG cards or an Ice Pick. A few Cart Terminations from a WS and you'd be eating dust in no time. Creator is well, expensive but definitely worth it. You be breakin' everyone's armors in no time and they'll start hating you because they'd have to warp into Prontera or Payon to repair their shiz.

My favorites were Lord Knight, Assassin Cross, Star Glads (just because they look so cute with their outfit, gawd) & Professor. I love Professors because of Land Protector, Spider Web and a very annoying skill, Dispell. :3 I be hurlin' bolts like an oblivious bish at my enemy. It's even more fun with High Wizard Card on. 

...I sound like a what? ; _____;

2. Elements

Elements 7th Stratum Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oshi those small glasses right?
    Yeah those were extremely nice for professor and HP.
    And yeah I know the feeling ;w; all my friends with whom I used to play with are also a bit burned out, we kinda went through the same, cycling through servers, then we find one where we stick around and it ends up closing down soon enough.

TG, one of the best MvP cards. And yeah I mean Creator is a BEAST, but the weekly buildup for weekend woe at some point started to feel like a real job lolol. but yeah Acid demo was a really nasty skill.

Oh fk yeah professor. I GUESSED IT RIGHT B>.
    Prof is easily the best job in the game in my opinion lol, but a bit hard to play a requires good backup.
    Land protector, that mist which renders ranged attacks useless, dispel, web, SP replenish. man. best of all worlds lol.
    BATTLEGROUNDS, those are my favorite feature lately :>
    specially when the server is new and everyone drops to storm gust.

and lol I was saying you sound like a...professor player  : D

Ogod I still love RO so much after all these years ;___;

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2013
  3. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I started playing Everquest when it first came out. Also played a bunch of other MMOs through the years.

It took me until after I stopped playing Shadowbane to realize the reason I switch MMOs so much. I like the idea of it, but I really don't like them. So yeah.

4. LionHeart48

LionHeart48 Novam Vitam Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have tried literally every single mmo that exists, and i found none of them pleasing to me, Perfect World was fun for like a week or two but i quit that, the reason probably i don't play alot of mmo's is because i played runescape ever since i was a kid and i played it for YEARS, now i regret that for the rest of my life....yeah i don't play mmo's anymore, i'd rather stick to games that actually have an End.

5. Jawnsunn

Jawnsunn glass cannon Member

First Language:
    English
    I played a lot of Dungeon Fighter Online when I was younger, but I stopped playing due to my bad internet.

It was a cool beat em up MMO but that was the time when I discovered the magic of emulation and Chrono Trigger.

6. Fomar0153

Fomar0153 All wrapped up for winter. Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Perfect World was fun for exactly 1 reason:

[​IMG]

I miss my lobster.

7. themo

themo Artist Veteran

First Language:
    english
    I liked messing with runescape F2P players (who constantly begged for gold)

[​IMG]

8. LionHeart48

LionHeart48 Novam Vitam Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I loved it because you can go on flying swords or spears or whatever this thing is, think its a spear. 

[​IMG]

9. Espon

Espon Lazy Creator Veteran

First Language:
    Gibberish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    First MMORPG I played was Runescape.  After that I started playing Ragnarok Online when it was just in Alpha and played that until World of Warcraft was released.  I'm still playing WoW to this day, however lately I've greatly cut back on time due to the amount of other obligations I have.  I'm currently playing the beta for FF14: A Realm Reborn since I don't need to devote a whole lot of time to it.

Other MMORPGs I've tried and played for a short time would be Graal, Final Fantasy 11, Lunia, Dragonica, Ragnarok Online 2, Guild Wars, and Priston Tales.

10. c0sa

c0sa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Well... I've played MU Online, Atlantica, GunBound, Rakion, MapleStory...

Currently I still play MapleStory, though it's really screwed up from what was before, but who cares, it's just a game and since I have a lot of free time right now, not for long though, I have to get a job. D:

11. Reisen

Reisen Hagoromo ♥ Veteran

First Language:
    Filipinookie
    Professors are the most hated class by Sinx because they can easily dispel their EDP :D They would have to wear a shield which means giving them a nice liability. You should PM me if you've find a nice RO server to settle in, I'd gladly join. What were the servers that you enjoyed alot? Mine would be RychiRO, AfRO and NoNameRO. Ever played one of these servers? p:

Elements likes this.
  12. Gigglemoo

Gigglemoo Member Title Veteran

Met my first love in one of them. Flying to another country to meet someone for the first time was quite an experience. :)

This was back before webcams, Skype and all that fun stuff. Dialup... I do not miss that.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
  13. Ari

Ari Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I was an early bloomer to MMORPG's - my first exposure were MUDS.  In fact one in particular, Gemstone III on GEnie online services.  So naturally my connection to online multiplayers is very old school...

Older Games (a decade or older)

BBS Doors game I loved called: Legend of the Red Dragon (think 2400 baud modem - hee)

Nethack

Neverwinter Nights (AOL) - talk about atrocious graphics (think little pong blocks that moved - but at the time it _was_ cutting edge - lol)

Shadow of Yserbius (Sierra's Imagination Network (Inn))

Kingdom of Drakkar

Legends of Kesmai

More recent (as in the past decade - lol)

Graal

Runescape

Trickster Online - (finally closed its doors in February this year)

Nexus: Kingdom of the Winds - (I still play this one from time to time - its almost 17 years old now and still has a regular player base of about 200-300 players)

Tale in the Desert - (Loved this - though very dif. from all the rest - still going, just couldn't justify the time to play any longer - this game requires a significant time sink to accomplish anything)

Wonderland Online

Rangnarok

MapleStory

Tried but never really stuck with

Everquest

Dark Age of Camelot

WoW

WuRM Online

LoTR Online

Mabinogi

I loved the breathtaking graphics emerging in these games over the past decade - but for me it seems that qualitative story lines and sandbox mentality has given way to pretty pictures and shoddy or non-existent story lines, poorly written quests and a lot of grinding for the sack of grinding - I like games with depth in their story and in the tools provided to the community to keep the game interesting.  Interesting statistic is the player lifetime on one of these games vs. older, less pretty games.

14. Elements

Elements 7th Stratum Veteran

First Language:
    English
    EDP bestt.

Haha we should ;w;

Strangely, I never saw those servers  : o

I played EuphRO, EssenceRo and VisionRO.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
  15. xcom

xcom Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I played WoW for the longest time.  I quit shortly after WotLK came out.  I stopped mainly because all the people I was playing with was dropping left and right.  After most of them left, it stopped being fun for me.  Other MMOs I played around with but never got to serious with them: 

City of Heroes - Bored me

Warhammer Online  - The computer I had at the time couldn't handle large gathering of players.

Age of Conan - The combat system annoyed me.

DC Universe - Bored me.

Ever Quest 1 - Played for the longest time, but had to move around for a bit.  When I settled down finally, I was so far behind in the guild.  I ended up quitting.

Guild Wars 1 - Bored me, and the controls annoyed me.

Final Fantasy XI - I did enjoy the game, but could never find people to group with.  It was to hard to solo alone in the game.  I have heard that it has changed and you can solo in the game now.  What I keep hearing about the new expansion/revamp has me interested in maybe starting back up again.

I have been following the Elder Scrolls MMO game in the works.  I'll more then likely try that out when that game come out. 

16. arekpowalan

arekpowalan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm playing Luna Plus, SD Gundam Online, and Cosmic Break. I like MMORPGs that have anime style. I prefer console RPGs, though. More stories and characters to play with.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2013
  17. Necromus

Necromus Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    WoW for me.

18. Ocedic

Ocedic Dog Veteran

I played World of WarCraft. Made a lot of friends that I still play games with today. I've tried other MMOs, but never play them for more than a few weeks. Guild Wars 2 I played for about an hour before I asked for a refund.

Overall, I think the genre is stagnant and uninspired; they take way too much time investment.

Gigglemoo likes this.
  19. servantb7

servantb7 Servantb7 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I think the concept of MMORPGs is awesome, but I'm not sure I see myself paying a monthly fee to play one.

JJK_42 likes this.
  20. Doobles

Doobles That guy... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The last MMORPG I really played was when the RIFT expansion came out, and that was for a month.  Ever since I've been playing MMOFPSs, the most recent ones being Mechwarrior Online and Warframe.  MMORPGs are fun when they are made well, but the problem a lot of developers have is getting away from the generic fantasy cookie cutter style that everyone else has.  Nowadays if you've played one you have played them all with some mechanics changes that don't amount to much, at least that goes for most free ones.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2013