NeoShima

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a dungeon map. I want to create this mechanic, a mob walking around a map and the player can click the mob and battle starts. If player win = mob disappear, lose\run = mob stay on map walking. After mob disappear, the player can rejoin the map(I mean, leave the dungeon and then reenter the map and mob will appear, like pokemon system) Is it real to make? If you have another idea how to create this, pls, I need your help!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If mod respawns after you re-enter the map, then you can just use "erase event". If you exit and enter the map again, events reset, so it'll be a mobs again.

EclipseVRP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a dungeon map. I want to create this mechanic, a mob walking around a map and the player can click the mob and battle starts. If player win = mob disappear, lose\run = mob stay on map walking. After mob disappear, the player can rejoin the map(I mean, leave the dungeon and then reenter the map and mob will appear, like pokemon system) Is it real to make? If you have another idea how to create this, pls, I need your help!
The Mob walking around can be a simple mechanic to do, just have the Mob set at a Custom Route or at Random. When you select the Mob with Action Key, you can initiate a Battle Process to battle the enemy. Afterwards, if you Win or Lose/Escape, you can activate a Self Switch A and B.

If Win, Control Self Switch A = On.
If Lose/Escape, Control Self Switch B = On.

In Self Switch A, make the Mob Image Blank and Trigger to Parallel. Then you can set a Wait Time if you want the Mob to respawn while still inside the Dungeon. Otherwise, you can Erase Event. Be sure to Set Event Location back to the Start point and turn Self Switch A Off.

In Self Switch B, make the Mob Image Blank and Trigger to Parallel. Then you can set the Wait Time for Escape/Lose so you have time to run away before it respawns, or you can leave it instant. Be sure to Set Event Location back to the Start point and turn Self Switch B Off.

I'm currently not at home, but when I am, I'll send Screenshots to show the examples above if they sound complicated!

Alternatively, for a fun experience that I personally like, you can use YanFly's Event Chase Player Plugin, which lets the Mob chase you around the map. This can work very well with the above options!

NeoShima

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If mod respawns after you re-enter the map, then you can just use "erase event". If you exit and enter the map again, events reset, so it'll be a mobs again.
I will try it, when I get home. Thanks, sounds easy, Sorry for my english!

NeoShima

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Mob walking around can be a simple mechanic to do, just have the Mob set at a Custom Route or at Random. When you select the Mob with Action Key, you can initiate a Battle Process to battle the enemy. Afterwards, if you Win or Lose/Escape, you can activate a Self Switch A and B.

If Win, Control Self Switch A = On.
If Lose/Escape, Control Self Switch B = On.

In Self Switch A, make the Mob Image Blank and Trigger to Parallel. Then you can set a Wait Time if you want the Mob to respawn while still inside the Dungeon. Otherwise, you can Erase Event. Be sure to Set Event Location back to the Start point and turn Self Switch A Off.

In Self Switch B, make the Mob Image Blank and Trigger to Parallel. Then you can set the Wait Time for Escape/Lose so you have time to run away before it respawns, or you can leave it instant. Be sure to Set Event Location back to the Start point and turn Self Switch B Off.

I'm currently not at home, but when I am, I'll send Screenshots to show the examples above if they sound complicated!

Alternatively, for a fun experience that I personally like, you can use YanFly's Event Chase Player Plugin, which lets the Mob chase you around the map. This can work very well with the above options!
Sounds cool man! Sorry for my english, im Russian! Im not at home too, but I will try it when I will be. About Yanfly's plugin, I already use it in my game, but I think if all mobs in dungeon will follow player its gonna be "Run to stay alive" game. I will try this idea too! Thanks for your support! Everything sounds easier then I thought :)

EclipseVRP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds cool man! Sorry for my english, im Russian! Im not at home too, but I will try it when I will be. About Yanfly's plugin, I already use it in my game, but I think if all mobs in dungeon will follow player its gonna be "Run to stay alive" game. I will try this idea too! Thanks for your support! Everything sounds easier then I thought :)
Glad I could help! Let me know if you need further assistance!

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've also now got a spawn plugin in development. Maybe could be of some help.

1590187538900.png
1590188151339.png

Very early stages yet but pretty simple to set up. :)

By default it prevents overlapping too ;)

...going to add some note tags to make it even easier/flexible:popcorn:

Last edited:

NeoShima

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some pixel art! Feel free to drop by!

Can't believe I forgot to put an image of my drawing pad! It looks kinda like this, maybe I'll get a better pic tomorrow...
Backup tip: If you don't want to back up your whole project every day, at least back up everything *except* your Image and Audio folders, which you can do weekly/as needed/etc.
The final version of our game is already available both in English and Spanish! ^___^
Can't believe this day has finally come... T_T
Im so happy that Dead By Daylight is getting a Silent Hill chapter! Cant wait to play as pyramid head

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tauron7