Pugh95Bear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Compilation of Great Mobile Apps for Face, Tile, and Character Set Editing On the Go!

Hey everybody! I wanted to make a small thread for people who have found MOBILE Applications (preferably free) for using in their game development. Personally, I only have access to iOS and Android devices, but I've done what I could to create a list for all the major OSes. If anyone has any other personal favorite applications that can be contributed to this list of great editing applications, then please leave a comment with details on it and/or a link to its respective app store.

Please also give feedback on the quality of the apps already listed, if you choose to try them, so I will know what to remove if need be. Thanks.

Have fun, kiddos!

iOS

Color Effects - Great app for recolors. Noticed, however, with recent updates, there are a ton of ads. The functionality is great though.

Click here to check it out.

Android

Pixel Art - Multitouch zoom function. RGB and HSV. Automatically has grids. Contains many of the same options other Paint-like programs have. Can import and save to SD Card.

IsoPix - Pixel Art Editor - An isometric pixel art editing application. My personal favorite of all these. There is a paid version of the app*.

Note*: The paid version acts as a simple "unlock DLC" purchase, making it non-transferable to other devices you own under the same account. However, I am in the process of seeing if Null will create the paid version as a standalone app.

Windows

Fantasia Painter Free - Fully functional Paint program. Tons of options.

Blackberry

Pixels Touch - Sprite Maker - Many if the same functions as Android's Pixel Art app.

Pixel Create - Another Pixel Art "clone."

Last edited by a moderator:

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
I've moved this thread to Program and Utility Discussion forum. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Pugh95Bear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
<totally disregard this post...>

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.
I might not participate in the Boss Battle contest after all... I have more important things to do, like Wishful Wanda. And of course the Dark Deception spinoff I plan to pitch, Demon Slayer.
Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scurvyDan