Are you developing games for / playing games on mobile devices, or continuing with PC?

• I will continue using only PC for playing and deploying my RM games on

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I aim to deploy my game(s) on both platforms but only (or mostly) play RM games on my mobile device

• I aim to deploy my game(s) on both platforms but only (or mostly) play RM games on PC

• Total voters

Zephro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm curious if the community is moving towards this new platform. 

Olivier

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Personally I never play RPGs on my phone but there are probably a lot of people who do.

LaFlibuste

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Well I couldn't care less about going commercial, so the extra hassle of developping for mobile platforms is just not worth it for me. Doing this is my hobby, I don't intend to live off of it, I don't need the extra money quite that much. I'd rather sacrifice a few dollars here and there to do more of what I like the way I like at the pace I like and less stuff I don't like such as publicity, publishing deals, dealing with customers, etc. Besides I don't even own a mobile device to test it out, so it'd be really troublesome.

Zephro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So what I'm getting so far is most are not bothering with the mobile device platform, but there's not enough votes to be sure.... Need more votes!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think the reason most votes are for not mobile is mobile gaming is an utter crapshoot on whether or not you are successful. The market is so flooded that last I heard almost no games make a profit on either app store (with most averaging $1000 in sales in the end, or less. And yes, $1000, not 1000 sales. It's really that low).

Last edited by a moderator:

Purzelkater

cat as cat can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
If we are talking about mobile devices I'm not thinking about smartphones but tablets. On the last years I have used tablets clearly more often then my PC or notebook. I use the PC mainly for work (programming and game development belongs to it). But apart from that the tablet is my main device for spare time.
The last years I have bought several games for the tablet but almost none for the PC. So if I play a game this days, I will play it on the tablet.
That was the main reason for me to buy the Maker MV, because I can deploy my work not only for Windows but also for mobile devices and the web. But I must admit I have no intent to make money with that.

Srpg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Long ago I was only playing on my computer with my gamepad/keyboard despite having a smartphone - fast forward 5-7yrs now, games have evolved in such a way that it makes things easier to play on mobile phones. Not talking about MMORPGs, but Rpgs(action/tactics/classic) and other genres(racing/sports/action...) which I play mostly on my tablet/phone when I have time. I find it less bothersome than to play on a desktop and on a PS4 - sure the experiences between both are totally different but the ease of playing on a phone/tablet has no equal. I'm planning to go on both pc/mobile but for the moment, I'll be concentrating on pc and port it to mobile once the pc sales are saturated.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Today *Fix the game UI
RMMZ maxRows make me tired.
The game supports real-time language switching (really interesting).
8laFKAa.png

jBYDFzZ.png

lYbvPth.png

mY99lgU.png

Swag collecting in the new randomly generated area. Now the mini map also shows the randomly generated features... And even illustrates the whole "bubble" system" that I made to manage memory... Though that part's inadvertent. We'll just call that "the fog of war"... Yes, that's what we'll do. Nobody will be the wiser! :kaopride:
not me being not lazy for 5 seconds and drawing another char portrait (her name is hazel)
its_hazel.png
Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this
One thing those jp developer still get wrong about boob physic is that... men's muscly hard pecs can jiggle too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back-AlleySnowman