nka203

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello, I'm new here and I purchased the RPG Maker MV with mobile in mind.

I come from Unity and I'm used to exporting out to Xcode and APKs straight from Unity for deployment.

When I deploy from MV it gives me an HTML/JS based project folder.

Will there be a plugin to convert the project into an APK/Xcode or do we have to use something like PhoneGap to convert it manually ourselves?

I know MV just came out and it might be too soon but just curious as to what the devs had in mind when it comes to mobile publishing.

Thanks and happy developing.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi nka203, at this stage there is no talk of a plugin, and if it eventuates it will only be because someone in the community makes it.

The help file has a list of all the steps needed to create your apk.

nka203

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Gotcha, I just found the help pages you mentioned! Very detailed - thank you!

jmorgan

Warper
Reaction score
Looks like it uses something called cross-walk, I think construct2 uses that for their exporting. I never used it though.

A HTML5 kind of service, I'm reading through the documentation seems like a little extra work. But for the price I'm not surprised. I haven't set it all up yet. Hopefully all goes well.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hutbephothuyhoang