Modding the battle UI "slightly" with "rolling" digits...

Kazyn

Advanced Member
Reaction score
First Language
English
First off, hello everyone, : )

I tried getting into ruby back when VX Ace was the thing, but with the arrival of MV and some prior knowledge of JS, I'm looking forward to seeing this as an opportunity to start fresh. So, I wanted to try my hand at a plugin that does what I'm currently perceiving as simple. However, I wanted to hear it from some of the more seasoned veterans out there.

What I'm looking at trying to do:

I want to make a plugin that enables the HP, MP, and TP digits to "roll" or "scroll" from their old values to new values over a configurable amount of frames whenever they change (such as when an actor takes damage or is healed).

An example of this in action back in VX Ace was Moghunter's Advanced Battle HUD script or Melosx&Star's Battle Status script if anyone has heard of either of these. I have a link for Moghunter's but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links to it from here.

These two actually changed the battle UI entirely custom graphics and text included, which is something I'm not looking to do. I just want to change the default numbers in the default battle window for now.

What I'm asking:

1) On a scale of 1 (JS Novice) to 10 (Scripting Guru), how feasible do you think this would be?

2) If it's within a reasonable scope, what in the source scripts would I begin to look at modifying (more like extending)?

Any help would be appreciated, and thank you in advance!

Sera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Bump, I'd really like to hear someone's take on this as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?
I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonylogan