Mode 7 + Resolution change issue.

TheWhiteRose000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a current issue that is Mode 7 related with resolution changes.
When I use a higher resolution from a streached screen mode 7 begins to have issues rendering
Neon Blacks anti-lag script helps fix a lot of the issue and I've fiddled with it to to remove even more but
I cannot get it just right.

Can someone help me out here in regards to writing a fight or finding one?
I even lowered the airship speed to 5.8 because it gets really bad at its default 6.

Without the resolution change Mode 7 is flawless, and I have tried other resolution change scripts
which all yield the same issue.

Here is a copy of my game current build.

Edit: Ignore the FF6 Airship it is just there to help me test things.

Screenshot 2015-06-11 23.47.48.png

Screenshot 2015-06-11 23.47.51.png

Last edited by a moderator:

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What is your resolution set at and which script are you currently using for mode 7(I am currently using MGC's script with my resoulution set to 640 by 480 and am having no issue's) I am no expert with scripts but I may be able to help you out.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think it would also help if you specified which script you are using to increase the resolution and provide a link to it.  It could be that it's not possible to combine higher resolution with Mode 7 because of compatibility issues, but without knowing what the other script is, no one can judge accurately.

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Have you tried Dekita and Venka resolution script? That is the one i am currently using.

TheWhiteRose000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Link me too them and I'll give them a try, I can't seem to find them.

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
They are a part of the steam community dlc pack so if you have a steam account you can download that for free id you dont then try going to Dekita's web site www.dekyde.com maybe you'll find it there.

TheWhiteRose000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Dekita doesn't do what I need it too and the other doesn't have the script on their site.*
Edit: Tried Venka didn't do anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmm it seems that the script is exclusive to the community dlc, try and see if you can download it off of steam it has a bunch of other really cool scripts in there as well. You will need a dll if you want to set the resolution higher than 640 by 480, now that I think about it if your resolution is higher then that try looking for something called the High Resolution dll. it may solve your problem though I don't know much about

this link should take you to the dll

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/31953-high-res-rpg-maker-project/  

TheWhiteRose000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That link to the high resolution dll doesn't work, I've already considered that option already.
The problem comes after stretching the window screen using vlue's window resizer (also in the community pack.)

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry for the long delay I tried testing your game but most of the files were gone and after I fixed them I was unable to enter the airship I then tried varipus different thigns but nothiong worked I started a new projecct put in the mode 7 script vlues scipt etc but then I got an error about the auto tile images and then it donned on me, the problem might not be with the resoulution mode 7 has some auto tile images that you need to put in graphics/system depending on how large your resolutiion is you may need to adjust the size of these images. If that doesnt help then I really reccomend fining a way to get the community dlc.

One important thing to note is that Dekita and Venka's sccript adds a new option on the main menu. SIne you are using MOG's animmated title as I am the option wont appear. instead when scrolling to end game or scrolling up from new game you will have to scroll twice to exit since there is now four options instead of three, you may be able to fix tht by modifing the script and adding a fourth icon to the menu. Once again sorry for the long delay.

TheWhiteRose000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't see why you would have to get all the extra files, the copy works just start a new game.
The tiles are fine they are just re-drawn tiles nothing special minus a few towns.

The issue lies in the resolution being stretched the high res .dll was just send to me and that
fixed a sizable bit of the issue but not completely.

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Good to hear that some of the issue got fixed. The problem was when I started a new game a few files were missing such as world_A3 $Heroes and $Airship_3 (could also be a problem on my side) I replaced them with a generic sprite I found on my computer. Now I took a look at the first script for mode 7 line 349-401 deals with rendering the map, as I mentioned earlier I am not an expert with scripts but try making a new project with the same scripts in your current project and try toying around with these lines of code for a bit. It might help render the map a bit better with the stretched resolution.

TheWhiteRose000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I reached out to the guy who wrote it hoping he can help me solve the mystery.

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's good to hear. Hopefully he gets back to you soon and helps you fix the issue. It can be real tiresome having to halt your project due to a scripting issue. 

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

TheWhiteRose000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I tried moving all my scripts to a new project excluding my antilag ones.
An somehow that fixed it, same map, same everything.

A while back a storm corrupted my save and I was able to fix it.
Guessing it did some degree of damage to it to cause that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Diary ---

M.Mage: It's the F.Mage's Diary. While she isn't here,i can read it.

May, 10: I'm hurt after the battle with the Minotaur. But luckily,F.Healer heal me with her Heal-2. That why,i Fall in Love with her.

M.Mage: Eh???
So... some of my Desktop hardware has kicked it apparently (still trying to figure out what and how at the moment :/ ) .... yay?
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Made a HUGE (YYOOOOJJ) Update to Monstructs and moving towards a Steam Early Access release!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
touchegambling