If we feel that someone has moderator potential and we need more moderators, we contact them and offer. Things we look for are the person's knowledge/skill, helpfulness and general personality - especially in terms of how they'll work with the rest of the team.
- be ready to give some of your free time to other people
- be friendly
- be responsible
- following the rules all the time is also important ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)
As said above, if they would need more moderators, then they would contact a 'good' person. Generally asking 'How to be a mod' or 'Can I be a mod' is not the best idea. I think nearly everybody would like to be a mod and get 'that power' to 'blue' some people and feel good with it, however it is not that fun as it seems and it has way much more responsibilities than that, for example:
- getting PM's with questions from random members
- helping members with rules, which may be time consuming (especially on resource threads )
- keeping the forums clean by moving/closing threads, merging double posts etc.
Be as much active, helpful, friendly and positive as you can and who knows? Perhaps someday you'll receive a PM from them?
M.Healer: It's an Name Tag. You can Change your Name as you like. Hero: Really? Then i want to Change my Name to be...
(In The Guild) Guild Leader: Your name is...HeroIsDaBest1998. Entire Party: (Holding Their Laugh)