Modern Algebra's Quest Log: Won't distribute Rewards?

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by ValiantGamer, Feb 28, 2014.

1. ValiantGamer

ValiantGamer Honorary Snorlax Member

First Language:
    English
    http://pastebin.com/pXXexg6d <--- This is the script in question~

Hi guys~! This is my first post on this forum, as it's the first time I've gotten stuck on something that I just couldn't overcome~ and that, is because it's to do with

script, and on that front I have absolutely no idea. Well, my problem here is that no matter how I do it, the quest's will not automatically distibute rewards!

For example, Quest 4 "Tying the Knot" does not distribute the rewards when,

A]   complete_objective(4, 0)     is used, despite the fact that this marks the quest as completed.

B] distribute_quest_rewards(4)      is used, even though that should *manually* give them.

C] These are used together.

This is even after starting a new game, which after reviewing other posts should ensure that a new quest distributes rewards correctly.

So, really, I'm asking for any help I can get! Much thanks guys :)

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    please provide a link to your modified version of the script (you cannot use it without modifying it for your own game, and we need to see the changes you made to see if the quest structure is still correct).

Also, please provide screenshots of the events where you placed those commands.

EDIT: OK, I just realised the link is already the modified script.

But we still need the screenshots where you used the commands

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
  3. ValiantGamer

First Language:
    English
    Hi there, the modified script is the pastebin link that you see in my first post, as to the screenshot of the event itself, that can be found here: http://postimg.org/image/q5mhl0l8l/

4. Dark_Metamorphosis

Dark_Metamorphosis What a horrible night to have a curse. Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    I'm not really sure how you distribute them automatically, since I have always done it manualy with script calls. I found it to be the easiest and most reliable, since I can control every event myself instead.

I think you need to post a screenshot of how you set up the quest, and the event with the script call that you use when you distribute the reward.

But yeah, all you have to do is to call the script call: distribute_quest_rewards(number on quest). If that doesn't work it must be a problem somewhere else, or a issue with another script perhaps, since those script calls should do what you are trying to do :)

Edit: It might have something to do with the 'prime objective' since in your event you are triggering a new objective right after giving the reward. I'm not sure but if the correct prime objective is set to a objective further down the quest, the reward might not be distributed? However, like I said I never use the manual script calls.

5. ValiantGamer

First Language:
    English
    Hey there, I think that it was undoubtedly the result of it not being set to the primary objective, as when I tested a latter quest the rewards seemingly distributed correctly, this and one other of the same format being the exception. Thanks for the help though, I couldn't have solve dthe problem without that advice! (I knew it'd be something simple that was overlooked :p )

Dark_Metamorphosis likes this.
  6. Dark_Metamorphosis

Dark_Metamorphosis What a horrible night to have a curse. Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Glad it worked out for you :)

It usually is a simple issue, glad it was the case this time too :)

ValiantGamer likes this.