Modern Day Tiles commercial license

Discussion in 'Lunarea Resource Packs' started by felsenstern, Feb 9, 2015.

1. felsenstern

felsenstern Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Does the Modern Day Tiles Resource Pack for $6.99,- include a commercial license?

2. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is confusing, since "Royalty free"  has various meanings.

The product you ask about, if you buy it and own a legit copy of it, gives you the right to use it on any number of commerical or non commercial games. No extra charge.

BUT!

It isn't 100% Royalty free. 

Some rights are reserved under certain terms.

Term1: You may use it only with RPG Maker series and IG Maker.

At the Non-RM section you can buy a more expensive variation of it that overrides the term 1.

Term2: You have to give proper credit and state you used the product. Instruction on how to proper credit it are included into the READ ME.

Term3: You can edit it for your games made under term1 conditions, BUT you can not share edits with others.

It would be nice to wait for Lunarea's reply.

That's what I would do.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
    felsenstern likes this.
  3. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    It's royalty free. You won't need to pay royalties if you use it, so it is royalty free.

On your quoted terms, there is nothing said that using it in a way not stated would result to royalties, so it's still royalty free. But, if you don't use it legally be prepared to have legal charges against you and suffer the wrath of the community. You might not need to pay royalties, but you might pay for damages and so on.

PS: that question should have been placed on it's own thread on product discussion btw. IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
    felsenstern and Dreadshadow like this.
  4. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

All of the packs in the store include a commercial license.

Royalty-free means that you can sell as many (or as few) copies of your commercial project as you'd like, and not have to pay back the artist(s) from that income.

This has nothing to do with terms of use, which specify what sort of usage is covered by the license. :)

GrandmaDeb and felsenstern like this.
  5. GrandmaDeb

GrandmaDeb Modern Exteriors Posted! Veteran

Ahhh, this saved me a question about your Arabian Nights pack, but even though it is a bit of a *****necropost***** I hope you will excuse me, since the game contest folks will want to be reminded that shop stuff is commercially licensed. (not all packages state that explicitly. I checked the Arabian Nights one.)

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/graphics/arabian-nights

=]

I love all your stuff.

edit

oops I am embarrassed. I missed this:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/35992-resource-pack-licensing-and-use/

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2015