Modified Leveling System: Ultima VI Style

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Maus Merryjest, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Maus Merryjest

Maus Merryjest Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm interested in an alternate system for leveling. It is based on the Ultima VI style of leveling:

1. Level cap happens at level 8.
    2. Leveling up is not automatic. Instead, the character has to interact with a specific NPC (or shrine), which will effect the level-up. 
    3. Each NPC/Shrine raises different stats in the leveling up process (one shrine raises, for example, MAT and MDF +3, another one raises ATK +3), so the plugin should allow the ability to determine which stat should be raised by how much on level-up per shrine/NPC.
    4. I'd like for XP to cap at certain amounts per level and not increase until the character has leveled up. So, for example, if level 1 is 0-99xp, no further XP will be accumulated for a level 1 character until leveling up. Level 2 would accumulate 0-199 xp and stop, etc. The plugin would allow the user to specify the XP range for each level.
    5. When meditating at the shrine, if there are any party members who can level up, the Shrine will ask "Who shall meditate?" with a list of characters who can level up. If no-one is elegible for a level-up, the Shrine will turn the player away with a custom message.
    6. Just to point out: There would be no automatic increase of stats per level, which stats get increased depend entirely on which shrine the player chooses per level.
    7. Finally, I'd like to make it compatible with the YEP Core Engine. I know this engine already allows to modify level caps, but it still features auto-level ups, which is something I'd like to eliminate.

Any takers? :)  

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2016
    Kino likes this.
  2. takashi1kun

takashi1kun spaghetti god code Veteran

First Language:
    Spain Spanish
    Ehhh, the great part of that can be done by you whit events, i can provide you a plugin that caps the xp so you dont lvl up, and a easy way to determine if a character is on full xp, whit that, the last can be done by events, a shinre can be a event that checks if a character is on full xp in a conditional and in the conditional whit events you can change the stats directly, lvl included.
    the plugin that do that only needs to change the way the xp is stored and a evaluation script to check when a character is on fullxp,
    if that is enought for you i can try do it for you, but not more, the shinre system you proposse is way easier to do it whit events
    EDIT:
    if you want i can show you in a video how to make the evented part of the system, the plugin is near completed, its ultra simple, the plugin only makes that don't lvl up when it reached the max xp of the lvl, instead it change the xp to the maxXP for that lvl, so if the xp required for lvl1-2 its 50, when it reaches 50 xp, it doesnt let the xp overpass it, and not lvl up

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2016
    Maus Merryjest likes this.
  3. Maus Merryjest

First Language:
    English
    Thank yous so much, that would be great!  Keeping the characters from leveling up automatically was my biggest obstacle! 

takashi1kun likes this.
  4. takashi1kun

First Language:
    Spain Spanish
    No problem

5. takashi1kun

First Language:
    Spain Spanish
    Maus Merryjest

kay i finished the plugin and made a video explaining how to do what you are requesting
    video(as you can see there where yanfly core and yanfly envent mini label in the demostration, so its compatible):
    EDIT: Aitor its my real name thats because it its called AitorEngine, and soo sorry for my bad spelling of english in the video, im not used to speech in english
    EDIT 2: the plugin scripts that are neded are in the video but i put they here for easy copy paste:
    AitorEngine.lvlStop.canLvlUp(actorID) to know if a certain actor fit the requeriment for lvl up(xp full)
    AitorEngine.lvlStop.LvlUp(actorID) to up in 1 the level of the actor, since the game default seems to not works properly whit my plugin i made this easy way to do it

NOTE: Is this what do you want? i can add small feautres to the plugin if do you like, as long as  can't be done easier whit events.

View attachment AitorEngine_lvlStop.js

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2016
  6. takashi1kun

First Language:
    Spain Spanish
    Is that what do you want?

7. Maus Merryjest

First Language:
    English
    It is absolutely perfect! Thank you very much. I put in a few twists to make it authentic to the Ultima series experience:

It would have never been possible without your wonderful work :)

Y no te preocupes, que mi idioma natal también es el Español. Saludos a la España... soy cantante de opera profesional, y he cantado Zarzuela ;)  

8. takashi1kun

First Language:
    Spain Spanish
    No problem, if it is simple, i can do it, if in the future you need another small plugin for something not hesitate to contact me,

I love making plugins for a very specific use

Maus Merryjest likes this.