Not open for further replies.

Tycho X

Rampant AI
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not quite sure where to start.

I'm designing an 'office simulator' of sorts. As such I have no need for the classic RPG Combat system which MakerMV comes with. Rather, I'm looking to modify certain values and ... simplify them.

For example. My 'hero' (protagonist) starts off with 450HP. Every time that character levels up they gain max. HP.
I'd like to disable the gaining of HP, and, if at all possible, I'd like to set the character's HP bar to around 3. Just 3 simple Hitpoints. Like in an old Mario game. I'd also like to do the same thing to the mana bar... I've looked around but haven't found anything concerning this subject.

If anyone could help I'd be very thankful. :eswt:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
First of all, this is the wrong forum. We will need to move it to the correct forum for the engine you are using. Which engine is this for?

Tycho X

Rampant AI
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RPG Maker MV.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]RPGMaker MV Support[/move]

In the data base you can set the HP value of your character to whatever you want. Set HP at 3 for level 1, and at 3 for level 99, and then hit 'Generate Curve'. Your HP will remain static.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The base values for parameters aren't set on actors, but on their class. If you go to the class tab, you'll see setting windows for HP, MP, attack, defence, matk, mdef, agi and luk.

Tycho X

Rampant AI
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you very much for the fast replies.

I'm sorry about the forum... 'game mechanics' just seemed fitting?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Game mechanics are to debate specific mechanics of games (like should I use a to hit rate of 5% on a skill?) . For how do I questions those go under the forum for that engine. That is because answers may vary based on which engine you are using.

But it looks like you got your answer too. Should we mark this as solved?

Tycho X

Rampant AI
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes please do. It works perfectly now. Thanks again everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm sure the latest post/thread in the sidebar used to have 5 posts. Was it always been like this?

Made it to the 10th video doing this! :kaocry:

renderTimingPixel.png
Made the "My Beating Mystery" board today:
3ENFLSC.png

in Grim Trigger episodes 3 & 4, the main characters play a Clue rip-off board game called "My Beating Mystery" (haha), so of course I had to draw the board for it. Can't decide if I wanna add blood or not
Jeez...
I finally decide, after several ppl asking me to, to create a gamethread about project M... And my internet craps out on me halfway through the process :(
making my first game is like trying to stuff all my experience with old games into one
so its slow and painful when i dont get it right... i bet the next game is gonna be finished earlier!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iglee